2FA forum authenticator hook

slushpuppy

#post-1-0-77736400-1402374178.pngAmbassador - I can't remember which 1 of you brought forum hosting, but basically this system will only work for all those who purchased hosting from me

Currently only the ACP of your forum have 2FA(IPB login + login popup), this hook extends it to the forums as well, making it nearly impossible for people to get leader/rank boards unless your ranks have the intelligence of a goldfish and get themselves ratted or w/e

Installation:

Go to:

e8e1806b842d06c5c5e7f6aecc215096.png

"Upload XML settings file from your computer"

settingGroup_slushy-forum-2fa.xml

Next, you have to edit the settings;

Go to

System Settings  >  Hooks >  Slushy Forum 2FA

Generate a hash line for the respective member id here & give the member the user/pass: http://www.sharkbrew.com/slushie2fa.php

How to get member id? - Click on the user profile and get the number before the displaye name

e.g. http://clan-ru.com/community/index.php?/user/1719-ir0ny/ <-- the member id is 1719

Place it into the field and update settings as so:

44833eedd0795318817f94b54cda56bb.png

Done!!

7f4457200a3b2663851b16fe307b114a.png

7a7c690f66bc806018d92ee6e1f3220b.png

There is also a IPB made 2 step authentication for Forums accounts,

and a 2 step authentication for ACP made by IPB for those who don't want to use slushpuppy's.

It would require the google authenticator app and work the same way as it does for Runescape.

You can buy them from IPB official site, or use webflake or invisionmodding to get it for free.

There is also a IPB made 2 step authentication for Forums accounts,

and a 2 step authentication for ACP made by IPB for those who don't want to use slushpuppy's.

It would require the google authenticator app and work the same way as it does for Runescape.

You can buy them from IPB official site, or use webflake or invisionmodding to get it for free.

Yes, the only downside is that you need to create a legit email gmail account tied to your phone; if your email account gets hacked/ or you lost your phone, everything is gone. Also I'd think most people would want to keep their rs & irl separate hence my solution is the easiest

Yes, the only downside is that you need to create a legit email gmail account tied to your phone; if your email account gets hacked/ or you lost your phone, everything is gone. Also I'd think most people would want to keep their rs & irl separate hence my solution is the easiest

hes giving people a secondary option. wouldnt want people getting their boards sold ;)

I wouldn't want to be the person who is scared to ask some member for the topic link

Yes, let me just ask my member to dig through his history for no fucking reason because you can't find something that happened on YOUR forums. To think people actually pay you to host their site, a high school kid could run a forums better than you.