Introducing Wilderness Clan of The Month

Persian Tom

This award should default to CP as mass recruiting numbers are all they're good at.
Basing an award solely off starting opts means nothing.
You're recording useless data that hardly shows any useful information as to how successful the trips were.
This doesn't even correctly record activity or frequency of events. It's just badly thought out.
GJ for trying I guess.

^

cool idea but nty

Sharkbrew is proud to Present the community with the Wilderness Clan of the Month Award. This monthly Award is targeted at recognizing and awarding clans for their wilderness event achievements.

Having the highest pull does not mean anything these days, the amount of down-opt victories that occur on such a seemingly frequent basis pretty much negates the prestige of it. 

Honestly you may as well start making awards for most post count in a month, most topics in a month, etc etc if you're planning on making them for mediocre aspects.

With the title of wilderness clan of the month, one would assume it would be based on performance. If you want a more realistic title, it should be renamed to masser of the month. Calling it wildy clan of the month takes away the credit owed to whoever has been leading in terms of wilderness success.

Waste if time. You can't possibly say a clan can be the wilderness clan of the month if they bring JaJa AF Etc

No way of proving real pull and no real way of proving who wins. This forum is pro TLP and Anti FOE. We all know your all pussys and scared of fighting FOE 1v1 in p2p.

If your not declare on us prep or full out. Kthxbai

Having the highest pull does not mean anything these days, the amount of down-opt victories that occur on such a seemingly frequent basis pretty much negates the prestige of it. 

Honestly you may as well start making awards for most post count in a month, most topics in a month, etc etc if you're planning on making them for mediocre aspects.

With the title of wilderness clan of the month, one would assume it would be based on performance. If you want a more realistic title, it should be renamed to masser of the month. Calling it wildy clan of the month takes away the credit owed to whoever has been leading in terms of wilderness success.

You need to look at the context in the award before going on your "quality >quantity" rant. Your statement would be applicable if i am only taking the highest pull, instead I am basing it off the overall pull for the entire month for all wilderness events i.e. weekend & midweek trips. A good clan should be able to average a consistent pull for all their events. A fairly mediocre clan but active would also have a shot if they organize loads of midweek wildy trips, this will trigger a domino effect where the more activity you have, the stronger your clan will be, and this will ultimately help increase the clan's pull in the long run.

In contrast, a masser clan's pull and quality would be highly irregular. This will result in fluctuating trip pulls that will dramatically affect any sort of chance they have at the clinching this award. I think if we look back at the pure community history, any clan that resorts to massing in edge or w/e usually doesn't end up well at the end.

On the topic of down opt victories-considering what EOP is pulling now- how is it going for you guys? I haven't seen an aftermath topic in a while.