Anti IP Grabber Hook V2 Update

slushpuppy

Your topics are so cauliflower in the implications.. EOP posting IP grabbers on our forums should not implicate FOE yet reading this I would  be hesitant to visit FOE forums..

Think before you write. Great work removing IP grabbers. Now punish those responsible.

all i'm seeing is u crying to slush because your forum admins don't give a fuck about you lmfao

someone is very confused about who is who 

i wouldn't be talking about who's confused after your mess of a post

Your topics are so cauliflower in the implications.. EOP posting IP grabbers on our forums should not implicate FOE yet reading this I would  be hesitant to visit FOE forums..

Think before you write. Great work removing IP grabbers. Now punish those responsible. 

I'm asking why Sharkbrew as a community does not IP ban people who commit transgressions you are against.. You remove IP grabbers on your own forums but don't punish the people who post the grabbers around this community and others. Seems counter-intuitive IMO. 

All IPs on these boards are encrypted. Yes we can ban the encrypted ip, but if the user is on dynamic, he will just change his IP and he will get a fresh new IP that will evade the ban.

A little example, lets pretend you want to ban a guy called nick, hes on a dyanmic IP(123.456.789.012). Dynamic IP generally means that only the last 2 groups of octal changes so you can possible ban him by using the following ban mask:

123.456.789.*

or 123.456.*.*

But for sharkbrew, nick's IP instead of looking like 123.456.789.012, it would be encrypted to 564.923.416.356. If he resets his ip to 123.456.789.013, the encrypted IP would look like this: 952.436.645.124

Compare:

http://sharkbrew.com/whatsmyip.php

&

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

This system is necessary to prevent any IP leaks from me or my mods or in the case sharkbrew gets hacked and database leaked.

Fair enough I figured the hosts could bypass the encryption and ban at the root level. Dynamics and VPNs would bypass it's more just the notion of it, I guess it's inevitable but I don't like the idea of the main pure community essentially allowing any individuals from the community regardless of transgressions. 

Fair enough I figured the hosts could bypass the encryption and ban at the root level. Dynamics and VPNs would bypass it's more just the notion of it, I guess it's inevitable but I don't like the idea of the main pure community essentially allowing any individuals from the community regardless of transgressions. 

The encryption is done at a router before the dedicated server, so i can't ban 1 real ip. Anyway the number of transgressors is outnumbered the number of honest people on these boards. i don't want to jepordize the privacy of 400~ users over the 20 or so serial ddosers