COTM: FOE & Sup

slushpuppy

okay, i made a bad call on this one.

I talked to @@HolyDreams last night about the prep vs UB not counting and we briefly discussed the cutoff time for preps at the end of the month. i thought 6pm was silly and should be 1159 since there's enough late night events by everyone that if they pull enough the event ought to count as a prep.

Not knowing the race for COTM i thought changing the time was fine. I did not know Sup/Foe were that close or that the Apex/Eop preps would tip the scales for foe( I thought they were way ahead)

If SUP were actually ahead by 6pm they should win. There is no 'tier' for HPC's since we're all in the same bracket. The 11:59 pm cutoff should have been put in place for December and not changed last minute.

nazibrew smh...

I talked to @@HolyDreams last night about the prep vs UB not counting and we briefly discussed the cutoff time for preps at the end of the month. i thought 6pm was silly and should be 1159 since there's enough late night events by everyone that if they pull enough the event ought to count as a prep.

Not knowing the race for COTM i thought changing the time was fine. I did not know Sup/Foe were that close or that the Apex/Eop preps would tip the scales for foe( I thought they were way ahead)

If SUP were actually ahead by 6pm they should win. There is no 'tier' for HPC's since we're all in the same bracket. The 11:59 pm cutoff should have been put in place for December and not changed last minute.

thank you! tyen one of the only standup dudes on these forums.

Not sure what is the reason the last prep of November have not been counted since it happened on time, before 6pm, as the rules requires.

Someone is scared to upset Foe's ranks. smh

ikr? we got the win before 6pm but retardbrew expect us to upload the topic in a matter of seconds l0l. 

With what we can see, the Sup vs Rage prep occurred at 5:30 which is before the cut off. The argument against them not prepping within that time is because their event aftermath was posted twenty two minutes after the cutoff point (correct me if I'm wrong). Not to mention, I recall seeing Sup ranks sharing a topic of the Sup vs Rage prep posted in their own war zone on the 23rd of Nov so it was pre-planned which is an opposite to Fo's last two preps vs EoP/Apex were in an attempt to boost at the very last minute.

It would be the most fair choice to award Supremacy with COTM as they had fairly won it within the rules at the current time. Rather than trotting along in an attempt to remedy the situation by making a tie-breaker prep (which would be unfair to Supremacy who fairly won it), Sharkbrew Staff should be awarding Supremacy with the win and apologizing for the mistakes made (and for December, reiterating what the cutoff time will be for future reference).

replace monir with tyen ty slush

With what we can see, the Sup vs Rage prep occurred at 5:30 which is before the cut off. The argument against them not prepping within that time is because their event aftermath was posted twenty two minutes after the cutoff point (correct me if I'm wrong). Not to mention, I recall seeing Sup ranks sharing a topic of the Sup vs Rage prep posted in their own war zone on the 23rd of Nov so it was pre-planned which is an opposite to Fo's last two preps vs EoP/Apex were in an attempt to boost at the very last minute.

It would be the most fair choice to award Supremacy with COTM as they had fairly won it within the rules at the current time. Rather than trotting along in an attempt to remedy the situation by making a tie-breaker prep (which would be unfair to Supremacy who fairly won it), Sharkbrew Staff should be awarding Supremacy with the win and apologizing for the mistakes made (and for December, reiterating what the cutoff time will be for future reference).

I'm okay with last minute preps, I was unaware COTM would be decided by it. Telling FOE I was okay with their EoP/Apex preps counting was in conflict with the rules and I told them anyway since I didn't think it'd matter. That's on me.

The Clan Ladder, Declaration System, and COTM don't work well enough with each other. I'll do what I can to propose changes for these by the time 2017 comes around

You are not thinking this through.

If we allow clan topics to dictate the cut off time, then any tom dick harry clan can just fake the timings of their topic to allow a last min win.

If we allow Sup's 21 min cut off timing to make the mark, then FOE will demand theirs count as well and we will have to award COTM to foe.

Considering both clans has ignored each other but been prepping less experienced HPCs, this tie breaker is the best option available to us.

If we allow clan topics to dictate the cut off time, then any tom dick harry clan can just fake the timings of their topic to allow a last min win.

If we allow Sup's 21 min cut off timing to make the mark, then FOE will demand theirs count as well and we will have to award COTM to foe.

Considering both clans has ignored each other but been prepping less experienced HPCs, this tie breaker is the best option available to us.

Highly agreed

Additionally, if we take Tyen's suggestion, FOE would most definitely win COTM

Currently, I note that it is a starting trend for clans to prep the barest minimum of times, then arrange to get 1-2 preps to beat their opponent's score by the skin of their teeth. This certainly isn't the goal of COTM which is to increase the overall preps across the board.

@@Moni and me have discussed changes and we will most likely submit the changes for 2017 Jan cotm

THIS.

That's a more interesting outcome than a forums battle. However if one clan was above the other, and I believe in this case Supremacy were as they had prepped within the time frame as confirmed by Rage (but topic was posted after 6EST), there should be no need for a tie breaker as it technically should not be a tie.

Regardless, still will be interesting to see.

holy fuck, we found someone that isn't an ignorant sb mod . thank you sir

That's a more interesting outcome than a forums battle. However if one clan was above the other, and I believe in this case Supremacy were as they had prepped within the time frame as confirmed by Rage (but topic was posted after 6EST), there should be no need for a tie breaker as it technically should not be a tie.

Regardless, still will be interesting to see.

holy fuck, we found someone that isn't an ignorant sb mod . thank you sir

Holy dreams your broccoli they wasn't even registered, rules state you can't register your clan half through the month, so there for they wouldn't of counted!

god bless, go back to school you uneducated broccoli l0l

if you allow clan TOPICS to dictate the cut off time, then amend the rules accordingly moving forward and dont change them last minute showing obvious bias towards one of the clans. it explicitly stated that the prep had to happen before 6. which sup vs rage did, but none of the foe preps did, therefore logically the sup prep is the only one which would count as per the rules

sup explicitly followed the rules for the prep they got A WEEK in advance (nowhere near "last minute") while foe scrambled, begged, and paid people to prep them last minute OUTSIDE of the specified cut off time

tis you who is not thinking it through, nor following the rules that were plain for all to see.

Imagine if SUP actually won by fighting proper preps and not trying to dodge every prep request for like 3 months lmaooo

3 months lmfao you forget how bad we steamrolled you end of suptember that you had to wait for your miniteams to be able to come to the next two to try to compete and still barely took them by the skin of your teeth lmfao kiss the sig

if you allow clan TOPICS to dictate the cut off time, then amend the rules accordingly moving forward and dont change them last minute showing obvious bias towards one of the clans. it explicitly stated that the prep had to happen before 6. which sup vs rage did, but none of the foe preps did, therefore logically the sup prep is the only one which would count as per the rules

sup explicitly followed the rules for the prep they got A WEEK in advance (nowhere near "last minute") while foe scrambled, begged, and paid people to prep them last minute OUTSIDE of the specified cut off time

Who is to say foe will pull a topic out of their garbage can & edit it to make it look like they wanted to prep apex before 6PM 1 week but couldn't because apex delayed and some brown sticky stuff?

The stakes for FOE are very high as they want to win COTM for the last 2 months of 2016 and I could see that sort of thing happening if it all boils down to easily faked screenshots.

Yes I admit the rules weren't phrased properly but a rational person should not assume it is based off some topic on your clan boards because it will just open a can of worms & headache for me and my ranks.

The result of this dispute is the best, we get a prep which both clans can properly fight for the title.

Plenty of people on this forum are skilled at photoshop and editing topics.