pures: cancer of runescape

Kenan N Kel

Is it just me, or does anyone else think pures actually have no skill? They have to create OP accounts to actually PK people, it amazes me how many of these wombats are around these days, If only there was a world where high levels could go around exterminating these scum so they can stop getting themselves off at night killing low levels with there OP accounts.

You’ve seen them. Whether that be in the wilderness or training areas, they’re there. They’re there to make your game time as miserable and as hard as they possibly can; which, by the way, can be quite a bit.

I reckon about 90% of us have made a pure at some point. Why? We were bored with our mains. Levels get increasingly hard to train when you’re a high leveled player and it’s somewhat ‘fun’ to see your magic level get to 40 in a couple of hours playing. It is also incredibly harder to player-kill on high leveled main accounts; I know I’m not going to find 50-100 level 114s in a pk world, in level 1 wilderness – why bother looking?

People create pures because they’re bored. Pures -are- fun, because PKing is fun. PKing is fun, because you get free stuff.

However, while playing as a pure may be fun, training in an area with one or more pures is not. Although I find it a little weird me having to explain this, I expect some pures will be reading this and probably won’t get it. While training with pures, any non-pures in the area get bombarded with;

“lmao at ur mage/range/strength lvlâ€

“lol wtf 92 defence/prayer/hitpoints? rotflâ€

“dm/duel me noobâ€

“… 99 X, lol get a lifeâ€

Even while pking, or being pked by a pure – they can’t help but ridicule you (if you’re winning, that’s even worse.)

“Pray/Safer/Tele/Runner/Defence noobâ€

“lmao gf but u suckâ€

“X is a noob weaponâ€

“Thanks for whip nub. rofl.â€

…and so on. Anyone who’s trained in an area which is populated by pure can probably say they’ve had “experience†with this sort of thing. But, even though the anti-social behaviour and arrogance may be a problem in itself, it is nothing compared to what they do to runescape, affecting hundreds of thousands of players everyday.

*dramatic theme music*

Back in early 2005, Jagex updated Runescape with it’s first new skill since Runecrafting; Slayer. This was a big thing back then, there were so many new monsters to kill, unique loot such as black and white mystic which excited all players, and all was good. Then, someone got 75 slayer, and got a Granite Maul.

For a few days, the official forums went wild. Compliments, Rants, Recent Updates, everything was about the Granite Maul. They were selling like candy, 700k to that guy, 650k to that one, 750k to… a pure.

When pures first got the Granite Maul, no longer were the Official Forums booming with excitement; it was only the rants forum which got any attention. Regular people were ranting that pures were too strong with the granite maul, abusing glitches and killing everyone they could. It was pure chaos. Jagex found a way to fix it quite easily – They nerfed the granite maul – and although it’s still a decent mid-level pker weapon, to most who can actually get them from drops – they are junk, unsellable trash which felt bad to hi-alch; it was no-one else’s fault than the pures.

Weeks later, it happened again – only this time, it was the Abyssal Whip which got nerfed, leaving it with the special attack it has today; useless.

_____

There are, however few, good pures. The kind of pure who would not ridicule anyone within a ten-mile radius for having different stats than them; they are not the ones to blame for breaking our weapons, they are not the ones who pk the runecrafters or wait for glitches to then try and pk.

Maybe the weapons did need to be nerfed, but should pures never had existed, would they have remained as they were? Certainly, training areas would be a little quieter; going to them would have not resulted in you having to switch to 10 different worlds to avoid the bombardment of insults.

However, at the rate of which pures are being created and abused, it will not be long before all new weapons are reduced to the state of the granite maul; usable but pointless, with one significant weapon remaining at the top; and that, it seems – will never change.

Until next time;

I personally prefer the pure community to the rest of the communities. It's not a hug-box like the Reddit-infested general game. I can't stand it when people sit around in banks and have fun enjoying themselves and the company of others. It's like, what do you think this is, a game? People don't play Runescape to have fun, they play Runescape to stomp in the virtual head of some whiny bitch so they and their clan can flame them and post aftermath topics. Don't fuck with me, I'm 5'2 and the tallest kid in my class.

I did not read but pure clanning is indeed cancer atm

Back to battlescape

LMFAOOOOOOO.

Too much to read but i skimmed it and got the point. Yeah I do agree that pures in general have a douche bag mentality which is just how it is man there is no way to change it. It will always be around pures thinking that they are superior. Pretty much like a lifestyle m8

LMFAOOOOOOO.

Too much to read but i skimmed it and got the point. Yeah I do agree that pures in general have a douche bag mentality which is just how it is man there is no way to change it. It will always be around pures thinking that they are superior. Pretty much like a lifestyle m8

I didn't choose the pure life, the pure life chose me. The skull and crossbones tattoo in the middle of my forehead coupled with my ice barrage ringtone turns even the boldest hearts into ice.