New Pure Clan Classification - The Solution To Mains

slushpuppy

9i97GP8.png

New Pure Clan Classification-The Solution To Mains

XLPC(Extra Low Defence Pure Clan) 1-5 Def(<60 avg CB)

LPC(Low Defence Pure Clan) 1-5 Def
MPC(Middle Defence Pure Clan) 1-20 Def
HPC(Higher Defence Pure Clan) 1-30+ Def

• There will be a side bar hook that shows the current clans & the respective classification they belong to.
  • There will be a dispute section where anyone can publicly post evidence of clans breaking the classification.
  • Depending on the circumstances, the following can happen:
    • For members who were hacked, clans will be given 1 week to egress members from the clan
    • For blatantly using higher defence pures(or mains) in any events, the clan will be given a warning not to repeat it again.
  • Failure to accede to above requirements will result in the clan being automatically moved up to the next combat tier
  • There will be no exceptions
  • Clans can request to be moved up or down the combat tier
  • For existing clans, this classification will not kick in until 1st February to give everyone more time to adjust the levels of their clan members

Q&A

• Why base it on Defence levels instead of Combat?
    • Compatible with existing clans- Existing HPCs today all bring 30 defs, so no changes. The new LPCs will also slot in just fine. MPCs will be an issue, but we will try out best to integrate them accordingly
    • Persistent Clan Branding - With the current system, clan ranks just simply choose a category and stick with it. No more moving up the tier when everyone has leveled.
    • Restraining Def levels - When new clans move up tier, usually they would be unable to compete with the existing clans who usually has higher defence. As a result, these new clans also end up increasing their def avg
    • Fairer - Clans would now only have to fight others with similar def levels & ultimately similar gear setup/weapons if jagex chooses to introduce turmoil/etc.
  • What happens if Jagex introduces defence based weapons like turmoil/handcannon?
    • Nothing changes-Turmoil pures will join HPCs, and 1 def pures will stick within their own category.
  • How does this solve the issue of mains?
    • Minimizes the reckless leveling of defence - Under the old system, clans have encouraged members to obtain 39 def pure (tanks) to stay competitive within their tier. Now they will be penalized for it.
    • Low defence reduces chance of mains attacking you - A low defence pure will less exposed to main accounts that could threaten its PKing dominance. A 1 def 80 cb nearly maxed pure should best any equivalent lvl 80 main, esp with the new raid weapons.
    • What happens if my lvl 50 lpc gets attacked by lvl 50 cb critical damage mains?
  • Who do these classifications apply to?
    • Sharkbrew has zero jurisdictions in game, however we hope that clans take the initiative, regardless on 1st Feb Sharkbrew will automatically group you for the following:
      • WCOTM
      • COTM
      • Clan Declaration System
      • Any other tournament or clan vs clan events.
  • Some clans refuse to obey the def limit and still bring higher def pures!
    • Dispute them
    • Use tactics to defeat them... (wasn't an issue when MM was around.. remember 30 def today confers almost no offensive advantage.) like:
      • Hit & Run
      • KO squad consisting of mages/rangers
      • Fight at lower wilderness(because ur not frigging 39 def, it shouldn't be a problem!)
  • There is another clanning website, what if they don't follow the same classification system?
    • The other site has spoken volumes about stopping mains, but it is expected that nothing will bore fruition as that site is ran by some of the more toxic pure clans who introduced mains to their respective pure brackets
    • it is more than likely they will try to demonize some of the attempts by this site to cure the main cancer, but I strongly believe that a group of maxed pures will defeat any subpar mains at lvl 20 wilderness.
  • What will happen after this topic?
    • We will be engaging clans to ease the transition(esp for MPCs)
  • Omg wow I would like to open a new LPC clan?!?!?!?!??
    • Continue reading below.

DzFixGs.png

Free teamspeak hosting for new (X)LPCs

I would also like to personally sustain this push by giving out teamspeaks to anyone who may be tempted to open an (X)LPC after reading this topic.

My offer:

• 1 month's free 60 slot DDOS-protected teamspeak hosting

Requirements:

• You want to open a 1-5 (X)LPC.
  • You do not have an existing forum/site/teamspeak
  • You have conducted at least 1 trip(midweek) with a CC size of at least 15 pures or more.
  • You have evidence of having conducted the aforementioned trip, either via screenshots or having posted a Sharkbrew aftermath topic
  • You do not bring anyone above 5 def.

Break any of the above rules will result in the TS being revoked.

Apply now here: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/forum/226-i-am-opening-an-lpc-and-need-a-free-teamspeak/

I will not run this offer for long, so act quickly!

Credits:

I would like to thank the following people for their assistance and consultation:

• My entire rank team who advised me on changes
  • @Ex Da Gr8 - Whose topics were one of the catalysts for this project

• @ - who initially planted the idea of using def based tier system
  • To all the leaders of LPCs/MPCs/HPC who were consulted.

What happens if my lvl 50 lpc gets attacked by lvl 50 cb critical damage mains?

Easiest solution would be for the braindead CD ranks to not bring mains into the xlpc scene and also stop the cancer ddosing too. They are so hurt right now that a clan that has been open 5/6days is doing so much better than them :lol: and we will continue to fight them with pures every single day.

Good effort, but most clans won't care if they get bumped to 'mpc' or w/e because they get caught with some kid in shiny armor. They'll just pk at the same times they did before anyway and won't worry about getting the awards. At the end of the day dominant pk trips will do more to ensure the continued success/health of a clan than a Sharkbrew award so clans will do whatever it takes to win as many fights as they can.

You're moving in the right direction but this isn't an issue that Sharkbrew can solve, at least not on it's own. Removing mains from the pure scene will take a concentrated effort by at least a majority of the current clan leaders. I think that your focus should be on trying to foster improved communication and cooperation between clans rather than trying to reshape the clan scene via imposing new rules that will inevitably be broken. Maybe you're doing that already idk, if you are gl if not try to get leaders to put their ego aside for 20 minutes and try to find a solution. May or may not work but it can't hurt.

Good effort, but most clans won't care if they get bumped to 'mpc' or w/e because they get caught with some kid in shiny armor. They'll just pk at the same times they did before anyway and won't worry about getting the awards. At the end of the day dominant pk trips will do more to ensure the continued success/health of a clan than a Sharkbrew award so clans will do whatever it takes to win as many fights as they can.

You're moving in the right direction but this isn't an issue that Sharkbrew can solve, at least not on it's own. Removing mains from the pure scene will take a concentrated effort by at least a majority of the current clan leaders. I think that your focus should be on trying to foster improved communication and cooperation between clans rather than trying to reshape the clan scene via imposing new rules that will inevitably be broken. Maybe you're doing that already idk, if you are gl if not try to get leaders to put their ego aside for 20 minutes and try to find a solution. May or may not work but it can't hurt.

The problem is partly ego but it is also mostly due to the fact that HPCs are running around with 30+ def accounts that simply confers 0 offensive bonuses in f2p or p2p, and such accounts are easy pickings for maxed mains even at low level wildy.

If clans stuck to 1 def and fought around mid lvl wildy  i promise you, any zerks/half assed main clan trying to be funny will instantly be punished.

This move to encourage low def is a self moderation system in by itself.

We didn't need such systems in 2010 because most 30 def pures back then had turmoil and hc who would carrot pretty much anyone around their lvls.

so does that mean dome is now an hpc? LOL

according to both this bracket logic and previous logic fearless is still the last lpc standing

btw this wont work niggas dont care what they're classified (except fs, we'll always stay lpc(75 cb cap)) as long as they get to make a sharkbrew aftermath thread lmfao

Yeah, we're in the works! 

The problem is partly ego but it is also mostly due to the fact that HPCs are running around with 30+ def accounts that simply confers 0 offensive bonuses in f2p or p2p, and such accounts are easy pickings for maxed mains even at low level wildy.

If clans stuck to 1 def and fought around mid lvl wildy  i promise you, any zerks/half assed main clan trying to be funny will instantly be punished.

This move to encourage low def is a self moderation system in by itself.

We didn't need such systems in 2010 because most 30 def pures back then had turmoil and hc who would carrot pretty much anyone around their lvls.

I wasn't actually talking about HPC, HPC is a lost cause in terms of getting rid of mains. I think everyone would agree on that.

HPC aside, the problem with lower level clans such as lpc/mpc isn't that mains are an unstoppable offensive force. The problem is that clans that have a core of members that are willing to multilog on mains become impossible/very challenging to clear while having hard to kill snipe units following callers around. Remember when CD/OP had return fights that lasted for hours? That was the reason. Mains made it impossible for either clan to get a full clear on the other, buying time for members to return almost indefinitely. At the same time, any callers returning to the fight would instantly have 3/4 mains following them around attacking them. This happened without mass trained 30 def on either side, the majority of the members of both clans were mid 80 combats and 1-20 def. 

HPC is the only scene where the mains are very potent both offensively and defensively, which is why they are and will forever be an issue. At low combat brackets the mains deal much less damage than comparable pures, but they also are very difficult to kill for lower level pures (especially in f2p) and simply serve to absorb damage and snipe random pures. This is why, as I said, encouraging low def is moving in the right direction and making mains less overpowered but it doesn't actually change the fact that they are still extremely useful and so will be abused.

Also, I know I didn't say it before, but these arguments are mostly applicable to f2p. P2p varies more in each combat bracket because of what the pures are able to wield, so while mains would still be very strong in certain brackets they might have much less of an impact in others.

What happens if my lvl 50 lpc gets attacked by lvl 50 cb critical damage mains?[/size]

[/size]Easiest solution would be for the braindead CD ranks to not bring mains into the xlpc scene and also stop the cancer ddosing too. They are so hurt right now that a clan that has been open 5/6days is doing so much better than them :lol: and we will continue to fight them with pures every single day.[/size]

We cannot really do much about CD. They will refuse to follow anything SB says, and it seems they are not being penalized in their forums.

I like this new system of classification. This could prove to be a very efficient method to classify clans in the long run.