Thoughts on Defense Cap worlds?

Kim

Defense Cap Worlds  

324 members have voted

1. 1. What would you consider?

fuck this lmao not training a new pure after the broccoli clans forced every1 to get 30+def

Defense capped worlds would really help the scene as far as equality goes. 

However you are forgetting what made this community become way to serious and just down right cancer as waste product. 

Teamspeak.

It really made the community cancer and no defense cap will change it back. Wars were 10x funner and felt better to win without it. I could go on and on about it.

Also I find it to be no coincidence how leaks/spys came into the scene right after Vent/TS were established in the community.

dude i got into clanning in like 2008 and ppl already used voice comm back then wtf u on about lmfao

lol?

The reason for the existence of pures is because it was the most viable build to have at that combat level. If you're crying about mains, it's your fault for either:

A. Putting your CB level too high to a point where mains are more viable (aka 90+, 60atk 70def builds own u lol)

B. Fighting too high level wild (if ur a bunch of 70s why would u go to gdz where 110 mains can attack u)???

Pure defence cap worlds SHOULDN'T be added - i fucking hate mains but it's not the answer.

What do you think would be the answer? 

Hi @@Kim nice topic

Thank you :) 

fuck this lmao not training a new pure after the broccoli clans forced every1 to get 30+def

dude i got into clanning in like 2008 and ppl already used voice comm back then wtf u on about lmfao

There was only one clan(EPIDEMIC) that used vent back in those days to get the massive advantage it brings.

I'm sure you were still swimming around your dads nutsack at that time so this is all irrelevant to you.

Defense capped worlds would really help the scene as far as equality goes.

However you are forgetting what made this community become way to serious and just down right cancer as waste product.

Teamspeak.

It really made the community cancer and no defense cap will change it back. Wars were 10x funner and felt better to win without it. I could go on and on about it.

Also I find it to be no coincidence how leaks/spys came into the scene right after Vent/TS were established in the community.

I agree lets directly hinder players ability to communicate lmao

I agree lets directly hinder players ability to communicate lmao

Teamspeak wasn't created and enforced with friendly communication in mind.

It was made to win. Now new clans can never be created without having one.

Teamspeak wasn't created and enforced with friendly communication in mind.

It was made to win. Now new clans can never be created without having one.

Teamspeak was created because voIP is a huge convenience for any kind of communication

I actually can't believe you're arguing against

@@Kim , Nice poll. With Jagex thinking about switching the way polls work this may work.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dev-blog-the-poll-system?oldschool=1

They want to make it so only certain builds can vote on questions related to them.

Ex: Pures, Ironman, Deadman, Mains - Getting their own polls.

If a question about Ironman is asked - Only Ironmen/women can vote.

If we got enough support behind Sharkbrew for 1-30 defence woulds we could email jagex with a proposal. (We would need to insure they count 30 Defence as pure, assuming they would from the 2015 clancup).

Also, this may be our way for 1 defence's to get Addy gloves, and those who completed nature spirit to achieve Rune gloves.

"wo examples of this are Pure updates and Ironman updates. While many have passed, there are certainly examples of changes which are highly requested by these communities failing to make it into Old School.

We want to ensure that everyone is fairly represented by the poll system, allowing us to support every part of the community."

@@Kim , Nice poll. With Jagex thinking about switching the way polls work this may work.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dev-blog-the-poll-system?oldschool=1

They want to make it so only certain builds can vote on questions related to them.

Ex: Pures, Ironman, Deadman, Mains - Getting their own polls.

If a question about Ironman is asked - Only Ironmen/women can vote.

If we got enough support behind Sharkbrew for 1-30 defence woulds we could email jagex with a proposal. (We would need to insure they count 30 Defence as pure, assuming they would from the 2015 clancup).

Also, this may be our way for 1 defence's to get Addy gloves, and those who completed nature spirit to achieve Rune gloves.

"wo examples of this are Pure updates and Ironman updates. While many have passed, there are certainly examples of changes which are highly requested by these communities failing to make it into Old School.

We want to ensure that everyone is fairly represented by the poll system, allowing us to support every part of the community."

Look at rank boards :D 

There was only one clan(EPIDEMIC) that used vent back in those days to get the massive advantage it brings.

I'm sure you were still swimming around your dads nutsack at that time so this is all irrelevant to you.

i was a main in pre-eoc broccoli damage inc was using comm since 2k08

1-39 considering most of the ppl currently clanning are 30+

This, who the fuck wants to make a new account for that 1-25 ? who cares if people got 39 def more fucking loot, rather get some mystics for my time spent then some untradeable ghostly. 

Didn't read the thread because I have the OP ignored, but real talk pure worlds are a great idea.  It's just a pity that there's such a huge opposing force to Pkers/Pures.  

@@Braden @@slushpuppy or @@Moni should post a reddit thread and just have every1 on SB mass upvote it so JMODs can see it.  If the playerbase can get TWO 2k total worlds to pass, why not have one world dedicated to pures?

I'm pretty sure it'll be way more practical/realistic to have combat capped worlds.  But since we already have all these cancerous 75-90 def tank range accounts ruining things and the worlds will most likely be abused, you'd want 1-20 def at an absolute push.

If I had full control I'd want it to be only 1-9 def.

30+ def is not pure and it doesn't matter if it alienates all the brown sticky stuffty HPCs who all have 39 def garbage accounts made for clanning.  Once they see the few actual pure clans having fun fights on the worlds, everybody will swap over with new pures and join in on the action.  People cry about getting hit by mains in the wilderness and they deserve it because they're fucking 109-111 combat, like seriously kill yourselves if you're 39 def in 2k17 lmfao. 

unless it's 1-9 def there's no point. 1-20/30/39 would just bring the same cancer we have now. Clans are saying members wouldn't retrain but thats just lies. When you see those lpcs and mpcs having fun every single weekend, you're going to cleanse your clan eventually. not like it's hard to "train" in nmz anyway.

90 cmb cap would be okay... but it still has way too much potential for abuse. Obv 1-4 would be even better, but its only 1 cmb to go up to 9 def and you don't get any significant gear until 10 anyway. I just feel for the people who get 1->5 def with a 38x3 gmaul spec on def once.

also to the reject about voice comms. lmao. It wasn't no voice that made them fun. it was because we were pre pubescent kids who got entertainment from cutting a tree; in comparison everything else would be loads more fun. Also i was using vent in 2006, people were using voice comms even before that even if you werent. It's more fun to talk to people

imagine being so braindead that you spend 6+ hours every weekend in competitive runescape on a 39 defence account while pretending not to care or have time for the game

1-20 is the only decent option. 1-4 isn't enough room for error and the threat of being removed from the world for making a few mistakes at 20 would discourage enough people from getting it.

This, who the fuck wants to make a new account for that 1-25 ? who cares if people got 39 def more fucking loot, rather get some mystics for my time spent then some untradeable ghostly. 

Who the fuck that's 39 def pks in mystic you dumb fuck? And even if they do everyone just teles away even on official trips. God bless.