Aging

Quode

As is to be expected, whenever people age, or at least realize that they have aged (mostly noticed during birthdays, but other times during more prominent and non-annual events) there is a reverie of sorts that people enter, remembering the times they've had and the ways that they've progressed, digressed, or stagnated throughout their life.

Recently, I was away on vacation enjoying the time off of work as well as taking a break from my usual routines in terms of entertainment, sleep, sex, and driving routes. As I was going about without my usual routine of tasks and distractions, the thoughts and memories that come with downtime were able to fully circle in my head and make me realize just how young I am, yet some days I don't feel that young and other days my body tells me that I'm not that young. It's an odd thing to say, but my parents used to always tell me that the older you get, the faster time flies. That is regardless of your occupation, personal life status, or intellectual capability. Every year, as a birthday ticks off the official annual age of my bodily existence, the memories flood in on my changes and memories from days past, and it's a really personal, introspective process that I enjoy doing, because it shows just how much I've achieved through my life both as a person and as a cog in the "machine" as non-conformists and off-the-grid people refer to it.

But I know very well that happiness and contentment are often circumstantial/perspective based, and so as I make it back on the computer for the first time in a little while, my question to those of you with adequate brain capacity to read and question yourselves, is how have you aged?

Do you enjoy what you've done in your life so far? If you don't, what are you doing right now to change that?

If you don't care about your life, what things (if any) do you care about?

Aging is something I personally look forward to. I have always said that I revel in the fact that within the next 8 years I will be in my 30s, which is weird to say, but at the same time I truly believe like that is the age range that I will be enjoying my life the most during. Curious to see those of you older lads reply.

Quode, you're really starting to concern me with the whole psychological thing you've got going on here. It's not the Quode I chilled with on teamspeak a while back o.O . I'm sure you're going through a period in life where you start to interpret your surroundings from another perspective, but don't forget who you are. I'm not as old as you, true. I don't have the life experiences to fall back on either, but I guess I'm just seeing this as a mask to hide something else. Meh. Anyway mate, Best of luck :)

Wardy this is the deep circle side of me, I'm actually quite happy and content, however a few of the lads I knew back where I grew up are not in the same spot as me, and it's made me a lil inquisitive as to people's perceptions on aging. Or rather awareness of it.

This is merely the thoughts of the idea conveyed in words as best as I can manage lol. This is not a train of thought that hounds me, it's just something I was thinking of whilst drunk on my birthday this past weekend :P.

Though i don't know you, I can assure you that worrying about your age (which i'm assuming you're 21+ like myself) As a great philosopher once said, Worrying is preposterous, so how dare you? You don't know enough to worry! Besides we're no where near our age of mid crisis, take it easy or you'll notice some grey hairs pop up :P

i aint read

too long to read

Hmmm I didn't read bc too long but my advice is live everyday like it's your last :)

What are you kidding? Its literally 2 paragraphs. 

OT- I think what you are going through is a normal occurrence in any individuals life, regardless of gender, race, creed, I think it happens around our early twenties but it may also happen sooner/later depending on an individuals own circumstances. 

I do not have any words of wisdom or quotes to throw at you off the top of my head (also, its 8am and im in class), but I would suggest that you keep on your path because it sounds like you are doing one of the most fundamental practices of a human being, which is to say, you are (understanding) finding yourself. Reconciling is a positive practice to ground us in the contemporary times.

Something just popped up to me (a quote) and in direct response to your post I'd counter with this quote:

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

~Gandalf 

What are you kidding? Its literally 2 paragraphs. 

OT- I think what you are going through is a normal occurrence in any individuals life, regardless of gender, race, creed, I think it happens around our early twenties but it may also happen sooner/later depending on an individuals own circumstances. 

I do not have any words of wisdom or quotes to throw at you off the top of my head (also, its 8am and im in class), but I would suggest that you keep on your path because it sounds like you are doing one of the most fundamental practices of a human being, which is to say, you are (understanding) finding yourself. Reconciling is a positive practice to ground us in the contemporary times.

Something just popped up to me (a quote) and in direct response to your post I'd counter with this quote:

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide, all you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

~Gandalf

it's 4 paragraphs DUMBASS

The best part about this topic was reading the responses of those who misunderstood the founding emotions of the thread, mixed with those who lack the mental capacity to focus long enough to read ^_^.

we don't lack mental capacity we just don't giv a brown sticky stuff bout ur rant

we don't lack mental capacity we just don't giv a brown sticky stuff bout ur rant

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rant?s=t

Learn what a rant is before you continue to prove my point ^_^.

The majority of the people who posted on here lack the mental capacity. You personally may not lack the capacity to read the topic, but you apparently lack the capacity to accurately analyze it. A rant would be something I would see from you or sithlord or any of the other ranks that post on clan-related boards yet seem to strive to have as little substance/care in them as possible. Prime example being bitching about anything and everything, even an open ended thread that had potential but was not fully realized due to the mental deficiency the readers have.

Aging isn't something about years as it is maturing and developing within ones' own life, however the passing of years mark that progress and the annual social celebrations remind us that we age. My topic was a ramble from a content happy state of mind, where I am thoroughly enjoying my current status in life (personal and work related), and I was hoping others shared a similar if not outlook, then experience(s).

However since that isn't the case and people merely chose it as another option for a +1 hey-let-me-try-and-act-like-I'm-better-by-not-acknowledging sort of thread, I am more than happy to run mental circles around said individuals, ESPECIALLY if they choose to misuse the English language to discredit my original thread concept.

:) Thanks for the +1 though regardless of its invalidity.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rant?s=t

Learn what a rant is before you continue to prove my point ^_^.

The majority of the people who posted on here lack the mental capacity. You personally may not lack the capacity to read the topic, but you apparently lack the capacity to accurately analyze it. A rant would be something I would see from you or sithlord or any of the other ranks that post on clan-related boards yet seem to strive to have as little substance/care in them as possible. Prime example being bitching about anything and everything, even an open ended thread that had potential but was not fully realized due to the mental deficiency the readers have.

Aging isn't something about years as it is maturing and developing within ones' own life, however the passing of years mark that progress and the annual social celebrations remind us that we age. My topic was a ramble from a content happy state of mind, where I am thoroughly enjoying my current status in life (personal and work related), and I was hoping others shared a similar if not outlook, then experience(s).

However since that isn't the case and people merely chose it as another option for a +1 hey-let-me-try-and-act-like-I'm-better-by-not-acknowledging sort of thread, I am more than happy to run mental circles around said individuals, ESPECIALLY if they choose to misuse the English language to discredit my original thread concept.

:) Thanks for the +1 though regardless of its invalidity.

too bad for you this isn't an english class or english class forums.  I suggest googling one.  Rant/lecture, same brown sticky stuff.  IDK what it is cause i didn't read your great wall of china.  I'm here for the +1 btw.  CYA KID

too bad for you this isn't an english class or english class forums.  I suggest googling one.  Rant/lecture, same brown sticky stuff.  IDK what it is cause i didn't read your great wall of china.  I'm here for the +1 btw.  CYA KID

See, you lack the mental capacity to even realize that I'm not the one in need of an English class silly ^_^. Your eyes are choosing to only search out the words that are capitalized and since I chose to mention the fact that you misuse the English language in an attempt to define my post, you assumed that I might have been in need of a class in said subject :). It's ok though, wisdom and common sense run hand in hand with one another, and as you AGE you may possibly find that understanding such concepts will help you do something in life (including create well-formatted replies).

also @@Quode, if u want to check it out, here is an English learning forum for u nub http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/forums/3-Learning-English

The fact you went through the effort of capitalizing the E in English yet chose to spell "you" with just the letter "u" makes this post so humorous I'm not even going to bother hiding it from view of others so that they can view your hypocritical idiocy and truly realize how heated you are to have been labelled as a simpleton.

Thanks for the laugh though :)

• 5 months later...

Very Interesting topic Quode. I also feel the same way that in my 30's I'll be having the time of my life. But if we take a minute & think at what actually does it mean to be 30. Being on the planet for 30 years simply only means you've been on this earth for 10950 days. A day (what is what we call time) consists in most areas in the world of the sun going up & the sun going down.

I find age a very controversial thing because just because you lived 10950 times that the earth went around the sun shouldn't be the best time of your life. I feel like our system we have now is currently built so by that age we would have enough of the $$ to buy stuff that we finally wanted in life. Were too busy focusing for the future when you never know what could happen.

I feel like age should be defined by something else rather than the number of times we seen the sun rise

t.l.d.r :   I find time a bunch of bullbrown sticky stuff