Religion

Custom

Religion was made because society needed rules, you can't have a successful future without rules. Bottom line, religion is full of brown sticky stuff but every story is just explaining the rights/wrongs in society. Basically a human handbook to civil life, besides rules never work unless you have something to fear for breaking the rule.

this ^ , too bad people don't use the koran / bible as guide but take it literally :/

• 2 months later...

I'm not religious, but throughout the centuries the Roman Catholic Church gave us (Western countries) norms and values that are widely accepted and integrated now (there will always be tomatos and psychopaths). It brought the human race a step closer together in certain ways. I am however against (religious) extremists that spread hate and intolerance. Without those people the world would definately be a better place. I somehow do believe people become more tolerant and less hatefull with the decreasing of religious people. Still, the Christian norms and values will stay. I feel really safe in the Netherlands, a country where 50% is atheist or agnost and the religious people are very tolerant. I can hold hands with my girlfriend when I'm in the city without feeling threatened or scared. I don't think I'd feel safe in certain countries that are very religious. I however do agree that lesbians are more accepted than potato mashers by both sides in the Netherlands. Actually I believe that there are more non-believers that openly hate on potato mashers in the Netherlands than religious people. Maybe because some religious people don't want to see or talk about them.

• 2 weeks later...

If there was no religion the world would be a very fucked up place, fear would be all their was. Yes it is cauliflower that people kill for it and try to shove it down peoples throats, but it is necessary to have. I use to hate people who were religious and called them cauliflower..but in time you learn it is what keeps everyone sane.

If there was no religion the world would be a very fucked up place, fear would be all their was. Yes it is cauliflower that people kill for it and try to shove it down peoples throats, but it is necessary to have. I use to hate people who were religious and called them cauliflower..but in time you learn it is what keeps everyone sane.

wise words

Religion is pretty cancerous from my view. But for those religious people and the people who have spent time to devote themselves to their religion I have respect for them.

As an atheist I think that the world would be better without religion mainly because of the corruption it has created. If you think about it most wars and disasters that have happened were because of religion or something to do with it.