Critical Damage

puppyslush

Why not have 2, 3, 4 or even 10 misleading pictures?

Lets dig out 2015 pictures of me smiting X clan for an AGS and reuse it on all my topics haw haw

This is a logical fallacy though. The probability of CD using pictures from 2015, or even from their previous trips isn't high at all. To assume this one mistake is somehow related to CD not getting any action, therefore needing to pull out old images (even though, like I said before, there's a 3 minute+ video) is like finding a hair in your food and assuming someone maliciously put it there. It just happens.

I'm not saying CD aren't doing what you claim, but all I'm saying is there needs to be a lot more evidence for such a big penalisation. 

Dry your eyes mate, I know it's tough living in a 3rd world country and living in a box but it will all be ok, don't be mad

still crying over ur ded clan I see

loving your tears lmfao sugarpie l0000000000l eat your socks

This is a logical fallacy though. The probability of CD using pictures from 2015, or even from their previous trips isn't high at all. To assume this one mistake is somehow related to CD not getting any action, therefore needing to pull out old images (even though, like I said before, there's a 3 minute+ video) is like finding a hair in your food and assuming someone maliciously put it there. It just happens.

I'm not saying CD aren't doing what you claim, but all I'm saying is there needs to be a lot more evidence for such a big penalisation. 

It actually exemplifies the problem with your rationale. What should be the benchmark before we take action?

Secondly, with regards to your reply, I can actually disprove your claims with the following:

Lack of action:

I have attended a number of LPC trips with EOP and we had pretty much solid action for 1.5 hours with about 5-6 pkris in an hr. Having only a 3 minute isn't exactly "active".

Malicious intent:

The picture wasn't any regular kill picture, but rather one of someone losing an expensive item. It is clear that it was deliberately placed in there to gloat at the victim.

Frankly, I don't understand how you can buy into the bullbrown sticky stuff that you can accidentally "reuse" pictures. OSB/Swiftkit/Konduit labels pictures with the date & time. Heck even imgur allows you to sort images by date of posting. Moreover in the instance where I banned Doom, and CD, the reused/old picture wasn't just a few days apart, but almost 2 weeks.

I don't mind you speaking up, but at least do the due diligence of checking the information first before shooting from the hip.

It actually exemplifies the problem with your rationale. What should be the benchmark before we take action?

Secondly, with regards to your reply, I can actually disprove your claims with the following:

Lack of action:

I have attended a number of LPC trips with EOP and we had pretty much solid action for 1.5 hours with about 5-6 pkris in an hr. Having only a 3 minute isn't exactly "active".

Malicious intent:

The picture wasn't any regular kill picture, but rather one of someone losing an expensive item. It is clear that it was deliberately placed in there to gloat at the victim.

Frankly, I don't understand how you can buy into the bullbrown sticky stuff that you can accidentally "reuse" pictures. OSB/Swiftkit/Konduit labels pictures with the date & time. Heck even imgur allows you to sort images by date of posting. Moreover in the instance where I banned Doom, and CD, the reused/old picture wasn't just a few days apart, but almost 2 weeks.

I don't mind you speaking up, but at least do the due diligence of checking the information first before shooting from the hip.

The time you take action is the time you're certain there's an ongoing occurrence of CD using old material for new topics. With 1 picture, you have no way to correlate it with any other activity CD has done. You're just grasping at an irregular variable and then putting your own assumptions onto it. Like I said before, I am not saying CD aren't doing this, they may well be...but you cannot just assume they are over something so insignificant. It's blatant confirmation bias.

It wouldn't matter if EOP had a video of them getting action for 20 hours constantly and uploaded it...3 minutes is enough to be involved in WCOTM, so I don't know why you even brought that up.

I don't know about you, but I often take the images I want from OSB/any other client into MSPaint, crop/upload them, and then put them in a random folder/on my desktop. We've all probably posted a fuck load of old pictures by mistake onto 'Post Your Pics From the Event' topics after trips. 

The time you take action is the time you're certain there's an ongoing occurrence of CD using old material for new topics. With 1 picture, you have no way to correlate it with any other activity CD has done. You're just grasping at an irregular variable and then putting your own assumptions onto it. Like I said before, I am not saying CD aren't doing this, they may well be...but you cannot just assume they are over something so insignificant. It's blatant confirmation bias.

It wouldn't matter if EOP had a video of them getting action for 20 hours constantly and uploaded it...3 minutes is enough to be involved in WCOTM, so I don't know why you even brought that up.

I don't know about you, but I often take the images I want from OSB/any other client into MSPaint, crop/upload them, and then put them in a random folder/on my desktop. We've all probably posted a fuck load of old pictures by mistake onto 'Post Your Pics From the Event' topics after trips.

It's ok he doesn't like CD, but needs the revenue from our members.

Good job we don't give a fuck about Wcotm

You are just going off tangent and not addressing the root of the problem. I have already highlighted earlier why posting even 1 picture carries inherent risks where clans will abuse the system and now you backpedal and say we have to establish a trend first? So what is the absolute minimum data pool required? What is the timeline? What about freak events and outliers? Don't throw around technical terms if you lack understanding of using such quantitative methods.

TL;DR,

My method: Nips the problem in the butt

Your method: Waits till the problem becomes a gigantic issue before taking action

I'll take my method tyvm.

Using fake or reusing pictures is quite serious as fundamentally puts your veracity of the topic into question. Additionally, and especially for this topic, putting a picture of Doom member losing a ballistia generates alot of bad publicity for Doom when it did not even happen on that particular date.

Right click-> sort by date->pick out pictures that were taken today. Putting it into a "random" folder doesn't change brown sticky stuff LOL.

You are just going off tangent and not addressing the root of the problem. I have already highlighted earlier why posting even 1 picture carries inherent risks where clans will abuse the system and now you backpedal and say we have to establish a trend first? So what is the absolute minimum data pool required? What is the timeline? What about freak events and outliers? Don't throw around technical terms if you lack understanding of using such quantitative methods.

TL;DR,

Your method: Waits till the problem becomes a gigantic issue before taking action

Using fake or reusing pictures is quite serious as fundamentally puts your veracity of the topic into question. Additionally, and especially for this topic, putting a picture of Doom member losing a ballistia generates alot of bad publicity for Doom when it did not even happen on that particular date.

Right click-> sort by date->pick out pictures that were taken today. Putting it into a "random" folder doesn't change brown sticky stuff LOL.

@@slushpuppy just embarrassed that kid. Just stop posting m8 lmao.

TL;DR,

There is no problem, it's 1 image out of a fuck load of evidence of them having a trip. Your excuse of not waiting and 'nipping it in the bud' implies there is a problem in the first place. 

It's not like clans have a back-log of pre-made topics which they now must throw in the trash because you've set an example. If you did not set an example there wouldn't suddenly be an influx of topics with old images and videos, because it just doesn't happen, and if it does it can too easily be covered up for anyone to detect. If clans didn't have trips, they'd more than certainly die, therefore the use of old images and videos makes absolutely no logical sense.

I don't know why I'm even defending this, I'm more arguing on a matter of principle as to how flawed the way you dealt with this was.