[MUST READ] New Rules for WCOTM

Kim

Changes to WCOTM  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should PKRIs opt count be changed to 20 min?

2. 2. Should midweeks be worth more than PKRIs? (read topic)

3. 3. Should we declare a winner for PKRIs?

We have taken notice and suggestions from Ambassadors on subjects such as mains, pkris, point system

These aren't official as of yet since we want to run it through you.

I want to implement these rules as soon as possible. Make sure to reply once you read this topic. 

Mains:

Mains won't be allowed to be in middle of clusters. If they're found to be in middle of clusters with full rune on, they will be disputable. 

Examples of this:

• Mains being in full rune but no weapon on have autos on.
  • Mains purposely running in the middle of the cluster. (lol)

==========================================================================================================================================================

Point System:

Pkris:

• 1.50 Points for PKRIs. After two pkris, it'll be brought down to 1.25 points.  This will reset at midnight in eastern timezone.
    • ​It was found that clans hardly do more than two pkris in one day regardless unless they're farming it in the last week. In order to avoid farming all together, we have capped it. If we see its hindering clans during the month of June, it'll be changed.

Different direction:

@ub public relations

Hanuman suggested a few weeks back

dont rly like how a 5 minute pkri counts more than a 2 hour midweek but hey dude they are sb mods so its not gonna be perfect

I'd change it to be 1 point for midweek and an extra .5 for any set up pkris with a max of 2 points instead of giving out 6+ points a day to clans that fight for 20 mins

Winning a PKRI:

Should we declare a winner of a pkri? 

If a winner is found, they will be awarded with .75. 

How should we declare the winner:

Choices

• We can declare based on the clan who posts the topic. (50/50 of the time, the losing clan doesn't bother making the topic since they believe they solidify their points for the month.)
  • We can make a dispute forum or a poll section in these forums so you guys can declare the winner. 

If we do declare a winner, I am going to require a recording of even the spread in the beginning of the fight and a bit of the waiting process. If you're not defending, the initial hop over with your clan in a fall in or the entire clan running towards the clan defending. 

This isn't a concrete decision as we're throwing some of the ideas from the community. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midweeks

Midweeks with fighting clans (essentially an unplanned pkri) - this serves as an unexpected pkri and should be worth around 1.5 points. If a second midweek is posted, it'll be brought down to 1.25.

Midweek with fighting randoms - 1 point

The reason why we're going to rise the points for midweeks, they're at times longer than PKRIs. This isn't concrete as we're running it through you all.

Suggestions

Feel free to post below on this topic or message me on irc. My irc nick is: Kim

Thoughts

Should we be stricter of the creation of aftermath topics?

For example:

https://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/33724-apexs-521-sunday-pk-trip/

I recieved comments about how they should have made effort in terms of their summary. 

Another example:

Some clans may post their pkri but in the topic body, they will only put a banner of from their clan and paste the video. 

=====================================================================================================================================================================

@#UyO5XIc.pngGatekeeper

@#Mediator

yes, no, yes

i'm glad you followed up with this.

@°

Slight tweaks didn't hurt us. We have others who wanted these changes and we've decided to follow up with them. This is more of a revamp if anything. This award also requires a lot of maintenance since people do more pk events than clan wars.  

lmfao would be cauliflower as fuck to have a poll deciding a winner, most sb accounts would win

Ah, my bad. This was meant for ambassadors  :P

Mains:

Mains won't be allowed to be in middle of clusters. If they're found to be in middle of clusters with full rune on, they will be disputable. 

Examples of this:

@@Kim I assume this will apply to [PURE] P2P midweeks?

Maybe have separate things for pure midweeks and general midweeks if it becomes annoying to distinguish

Mains:

Examples of this:

@@Kim I assume this will apply to [PURE] P2P midweeks?

Maybe have separate things for pure midweeks and general midweeks if it becomes annoying to distinguish

You're allowed to bring mains during midweeks but it's applied for p2p pkri

You're allowed to bring mains during midweeks but it's applied for p2p pkri

Shouldn't we be deterring pure clans from bringing mains? It seems odd to label a mix of pures and mains as f1255ce4d48a4e500f5a2c1f7f91452e.png and count it as an official pure midweek

Shouldn't we be deterring pure clans from bringing mains? It seems odd to label a mix of pures and mains as f1255ce4d48a4e500f5a2c1f7f91452e.png and count it as an official pure midweek

Good point. We have kept it that way due to clans bringing about one main or one per midweek. Due to excuses, such as future recruits making lpc purés. I'll bring it up to staff

wilderness domination (some combination of pull + wins/losses, {heavily emphasize wins/losses over pull because pull can be deceiving/easily faked, like x points for 20-40 pull, x points for 40-60 and x points for 60-80+ pull, so on, seperated by fractions of a point}) should be 66%. Again, HEAVY EMPHASIS ON WINS over pull because then everyone will be bringing every account they have to pk trips.

wilderness activity should count for the other 34%. Also, clans should be penalized for not participating in MAJOR wilderness events (basically not showing up sat or sun while the rest of the community particpates). ticky tacky brown sticky stuff should stay in place like rules on mains/pkri's vs midweeks etc.

to make it easy you could score events out of 10 (6.6 possible for domination,3.4 possible for activity) unless you dont like decimals then do it out of 100 doesnt really matter. OR out of 1 possible point if you really like decimals.

Also, MAJOR wilderness events (sat and sun) should be worth 1.5-2x midweeks/pkris, as that is when most clans are at full force, which gives better representation as to which clan is truly the best wilderness clan of that month.

(slightly revised and placed in a more appropriate topic)

just my opinion tho, the finer details i tried to explain were much harder to come up with than expected, feel free to build on/scrap any or all of that 

@@Kim

• 3 weeks later...