Call to Arms: Vote NO! on the upcoming poll...

Mattyb

Hello friends. I come to you with an urgent message!

A dev blog was released 4 days ago and I'm just hearing about it now.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?380,381,125,65522145

A solo boss in the planning...

An upcoming update? Let us hope not.

For those of you too lazy to read, I will post quotes of the original post with the TL;DR under it.

The rewards from the snake boss will be centered around the potent venom of the snake itself.

All forms of poison that currently exist in Old School get weaker over time. The venom of the snake boss does the opposite: the longer you go without curing yourself the more damage you will take.

The venom can be cured with two doses of super anti-poison, antidote+ or antidote++. The first dose reverts the venom to standard poison and the second cures you entirely. Additionally, an anti-venom that will outright cure you of the effects of venom will be possible to make from the snake bosses scales and antidote++.

TL;DR: The boss will have a venom that, instead of degrading overtime, will increase overtime. If the boss just had this poison, that would be fine, but it doesn't end with the boss.

Weapons that the boss will drop will also be effected.

The venomous blowpipe is a level 75 ranged weapon that uses darts for ammo. The blowpipe offers +20 ranged strength and +30 ranged attack, stacking with the stats of the darts you choose to use. The blowpipe coats all of the darts it fires with venomous poison.

The attack speed of the blow pipe will be slightly slower than darts. It will also offer a special attack that fires 3 darts at once that carries a suitable delay. This will cost at least 60% special attack energy.

TL;DR -  A range weapon that will be slower than darts (the speed of a shortbow) will be able to produce this poison.

The venomous spike will be worn in the shield slot, requiring 65 Attack, Strength & Defence and will provide the following bonuses:

• Stab attack: +25
  • Slash attack: +24
    Crush attack: +23
    Magic attack: -15
    Range attack: -15

Stab defence: +25
    Slash defence: +24
    Crush defence: +2
    Magic defence: -3
    Range defence: -2

Strength: +6

The venomous spike would provide a 25% chance of inflicting venomous poison on your opponent with every attack.

As with the venomous blowpipe, over the course of 15 hours the venomous spike will degrade into a broken version of the item that must be repaired using scales.

TL;DR: Mains will be able to equip a shield that provides attack bonuses better than the rune defender and allow poison bonus on all 1h melee weapons.

The venomous fang is an item dropped by the snake boss that can be attached to the Staff of the Dead to increase the magic attack to +25 and to give any spells cast with the staff a 25% chance of inflicting venomous poison on the target.

As with the other two signature drops, the venomous fang would degrade until broken and would then require scales to be repaired.

TL;DR: There will be an item you can add on to the staff of dead to make it have 25 more magical attack and inflict this poison.

Imagine how cauliflower it would be to face n-rangers with the blowpipe.

Or how cauliflower it would be to face someone using the staff of the dead to barrage clumps of people, potentially poisoning them all.

Or worst of all, a main camping you...not with a weapon that poisons, but a shield, where he could use mage, range, or melee to poison you.

With higher tiers of weapons, we start to lose the joy of our current ones. We will no longer be an old school community. It will make wilderness absolute brown sticky stuff like PvP armor, PvP weapons, and D claws did. This game will slowly become less about skill and more about the amount of gold your gear costs.

If the stand isn't taken with this update, they will keep piling brown sticky stuff on and we'll go down the same road we did before.

My name is Matty_B. I have been a part of the Runescape community for 10 years. I plead with you to see the same brown sticky stuff that I see and vote no with me.

I voted yes to all

Glad to see the OSRS team introducing new content and exploring new mechanics

As it stands blowdart and drag darts is worse dps than msb + rune arrows

new defender is +.25 on rune defender, degrades and is dropped on death

Sotd v++ ....bring an antipoison, if you can't end the fight before the poison starts becoming an issue you were gonna die anyway