[REPLY] Help Sharkbrew

Kim

6 hours ago, szaporitas said:

Better ranks. i've had people give me warning points for nonsense stuff. as well as the obvious rigging of preps going unpunished.

See if you were on a normal account we'd take you more seriously.

5 hours ago, F2p2007 said:

From view all notifications.

I see. Already fixing that atm.

5 hours ago, Lenin said:

See if you were on a normal account we'd take you more seriously.

I see. Already fixing that atm.

how am i not a normal account? i casually browse shark brew & i can see these things happen, imagine what the more active users see. I'm not here to troll at all if thats what your implying.. i just wish this community in general had more integrity and had more accountability

Shark brew could be so much more then it is, and its honestly disappointing how some people don't see it, OSRS is a top streamed game & you can see Jagex(a corporate company) desperately trying to bring in an E-sports aspect into OSRS(with their failed DMM tournaments, & things such as the wilderness wars). The pure-clan warring community is perfectly fit for this E-sports image that jagex is looking for yet they haven't bothered exploring further, not because they are blind, but because they see whats going on. They see the rigging, they see the invites from other clans, they see the DDOS attacks that occasionally happen. & they do not want to promote this aspect of the community because it makes THEM look bad. SharkBrew can single handedly take care of this issue & be a bigger part of the E-Sports scene.. but for whatever reason they don't.

13 hours ago, szaporitas said:

Coming from ranks who allow rigging of preps to take place. I'm sure you'll hold yourself accountable(lol)

If you are interested in improving the community as a whole, You can apply for a position on the website. 

4 hours ago, Kim said:

If you are interested in improving the community as a whole, You can apply for a position on the website. 

and so can everyone else thats gonna keep it the way it is? change comes from the top down much easier then it comes from the bottom up. My voice will most likely be over-shadowed by trolls & biased staff who don't care much about the direction of the community & its possible potential.

sidetone; Previous changed names have been reversed to their original state & some, like myself, can't change it back to what they had until 45days

19 hours ago, szaporitas said:

and so can everyone else thats gonna keep it the way it is? change comes from the top down much easier then it comes from the bottom up. My voice will most likely be over-shadowed by trolls & biased staff who don't care much about the direction of the community & its possible potential.

sidetone; Previous changed names have been reversed to their original state & some, like myself, can't change it back to what they had until 45days

It won't be overshadowed as we are always looking for people who truly have a passion for the community and work towards a positive future. We have done procedures to make sure preps won't be rigged and created steps between ambassadors.

what was your previous name?

On 10/15/2017 at 8:02 PM, Kim said:

Treat this update as a new start for Sharkbrew. Let us know what you may want from the forums. It can range from adding new hats in the shop to rule changes. Tell us what your heart desires from the forums and if its reasonable, we'll grant your wishes

On that note, let us know if you're encountering any bugs on the forums. You can post the type of bugs you have encountered on this forum topic or through @slushpuppy'sor @Lenin's pm. 

If you're interested in applying for ambassador or mediator. You can contact me through IRC or through SB's messenger B)!

yo wut do i get for being a mediator?

11 hours ago, Kim said:

It won't be overshadowed as we are always looking for people who truly have a passion for the community and work towards a positive future. We have done procedures to make sure preps won't be rigged and created steps between ambassadors.

what was your previous name?

What about the cancerous ranks that encourage the toxic aspect of this community, do they get demoted or any type of warning/talk?(serious question I'm new to the technicalities of this community) 

Im sure your taking steps to stop the rigging of events, but what about punishments for the ones that have taken place in the past? How do u expect these procedures to be followed if your simply saying , "stop it". These things are hard to be discovered, so when they actually are, u should have a heavy-fist. Instead you give them a pass, and a "SMH"

old name was "Olm"

8 hours ago, szaporitas said:

What about the cancerous ranks that encourage the toxic aspect of this community, do they get demoted or any type of warning/talk?(serious question I'm new to the technicalities of this community) 

Im sure your taking steps to stop the rigging of events, but what about punishments for the ones that have taken place in the past? How do u expect these procedures to be followed if your simply saying , "stop it". These things are hard to be discovered, so when they actually are, u should have a heavy-fist. Instead you give them a pass, and a "SMH"

old name was "Olm"

We do speak to our staff members before we have make a demotion or put them on probation. Some are announced to the community and some aren't.  

I have personally demoted staff members who have purposely tried to rig other systems and being cancer around the community. If you're talking about anyone in specific that you feel should be demoted, please feel free to message me as I take this seriously. 

You should apply for staff as you won't be undermined. We want more POVs and even put some of other staff members in their place if they seem to drift from our common goal. Our common goal is make a better community for our users. 

3 hours ago, Kim said:

We do speak to our staff members before we have make a demotion or put them on probation. Some are announced to the community and some aren't.  

I have personally demoted staff members who have purposely tried to rig other systems and being cancer around the community. If you're talking about anyone in specific that you feel should be demoted, please feel free to message me as I take this seriously. 

You should apply for staff as you won't be undermined. We want more POVs and even put some of other staff members in their place if they seem to drift from our common goal. Our common goal is make a better community for our users. 

I'll consider it. its good to know come people actually care about making this community better.

btw; name was  "Olm" not "ohm" lol not sure if I'm being trolled 

I find it super rtarded looking at gifs of scrolling down the memberlist in prep declarations (its not readable).

You should either teach people how to screenshot it (chrome plugin) or make a screenshot/import function for sb memberlist (since most of the clans are using it).

You should also make the recent topics list longer, showing like 10-15 topics.

Can we get the good banter/poor banter reactions back?
Also, is there an option to turn off notifications for things? I replied to a status and it's now gotten like 40 replies & people keep commenting on it. Everyday is like 10 notifications from it.
If you can offer that & the ability to see what status update the notification is for, that'd be awesome.