Lower Promotions

Kim

5 hours ago, Deep Thought said:

I'll give you all a good start:

COTM = Bring back a raw list type system rather than empty declarations for points, farming wins off low tier clans and all of the top clans rarely fighting. 

WCOTM = Weekend trips, the most important events we as a community do, are irrelevant under the current system. As is, WCOTM mostly promotes losing  topics and small group pk trips where you kill 1-2 randoms. 

Most broad idea i've heard for COTM, be more specific

"Farming Wins" will happen in many cases, it just depends on the POV of the person judging it. Someone in Apex wont view prepping IR as farming wins but someone in FOE or UB might. It's all perspective. 

6 hours ago, nICK1 said:

Another ub staff lmao that's what we need!

Don't worry, we are still a staff team comprising of ranks/members from multiple clans and decisions will be made as a whole.

5 hours ago, Deep Thought said:

I'll give you all a good start:

COTM = Bring back a raw list type system rather than empty declarations for points, farming wins off low tier clans and all of the top clans rarely fighting. 

WCOTM = Weekend trips, the most important events we as a community do, are irrelevant under the current system. As is, WCOTM mostly promotes losing  topics and small group pk trips where you kill 1-2 randoms. 

Sorry you do have a few misconceptions:

1. You still have to prep to win COTM
  2. Declarations are limited to twice a month against a certain clan
    1. Truthfully, declarations are seen as a measure of last resorts as it could spark unnecessary rivalries
  3. The COTM is designed to improve prep activity across the board
  4. Consistent midweeks are just as important as they serve to maintain wilderness activity during the week and aid in recruitment

3 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

Don't worry, we are still a staff team comprising of ranks/members from multiple clans and decisions will be made as a whole.

1. Truthfully, declarations are seen as a measure of last resorts as it could spark unnecessary rivalries
  4. Consistent midweeks are just as important as they serve to maintain wilderness activity during the week and aid in recruitment

If that was the case, then the personal bias of some particular staff (who have more than enough from their own clan as it is) would not interfere with an EOP representative like @Parm or @17_ being promoted in order to even things out and stop the overwhelmingly one-sided staff decisions.

1 hour ago, Moni said:

Most broad idea i've heard for COTM, be more specific

"Farming Wins" will happen in many cases, it just depends on the POV of the person judging it. Someone in Apex wont view prepping IR as farming wins but someone in FOE or UB might. It's all perspective. 

Were you not around for the Raw List? It is a pretty simple concept. Start with a randomized list and in order to move up you have to beat the clan ahead of you. If they decline to fight then you jump them. Make it so you can declare 2 spots above you (example: 3 could challenge 1). This could probably go hand in hand with another COTM system (extra points for Raw fights?), but would surely be an upgrade even by itself. I would do lists for F2P and P2P. Back in the day there was a matched and a fullout option, but I doubt majority of clans these days would embrace any fullouts. 

53 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

I understand the rues, but they are pretty rough around the edges. Especially for WCOTM. Do we really think a hypothetical clan who posts 8 losing topics for weekends, but kills 1-2 mains a day during the week is really the WCOTM? Even if the weekend topics were not "losing" topics, anyone can run up the score with small opt east drags trips. 

As for the declarations, a system where at least 75% of the fights never happen is flawed right? Clans are out there farming points by declaring on CD in P2P and MF in F2P lol

P0ke outlined a great start for us 6 years ago on a re-posting of the original idea check it out here:

https://www.sharkbrew.com/topic/16641-raw-list-re-posted/

5 minutes ago, Deep Thought said:

Were you not around for the Raw List? It is a pretty simple concept. Start with a randomized list and in order to move up you have to beat the clan ahead of you. If they decline to fight then you jump them. Make it so you can declare 2 spots above you (example: 3 could challenge 1). This could probably go hand in hand with another COTM system (extra points for Raw fights?), but would surely be an upgrade even by itself. I would do lists for F2P and P2P. Back in the day there was a matched and a fullout option, but I doubt majority of clans these days would embrace any fullouts. 

As for the declarations, a system where at least 75% of the fights never happen is flawed right? Clans are out there farming points by declaring on CD in P2P and MF in F2P lol

Randomized list would cause too much controversy given that, whether people want to accept it or not, the rankings are pretty straight forward. 

RAW list would not work in this day and age, there are not enough clans to see a viable list and that's not including the clans that flat out would not participate. I will be developing an extension to COTM in the coming weeks and hope that one day this will bring stability to the pre existing system as well as see a more competitive clw environment in the long run because of said changes. 

The way declarations work now were an unintended consequence of my suggestions to force clans to fight. Now clans don't fight and get points out of it, this was never my desire. Declarations will be changed accordingly as well. 

16 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

Randomized list would cause too much controversy given that, whether people want to accept it or not, the rankings are pretty straight forward. 

RAW list would not work in this day and age, there are not enough clans to see a viable list and that's not including the clans that flat out would not participate. I will be developing an extension to COTM in the coming weeks and hope that one day this will bring stability to the pre existing system as well as see a more competitive clw environment in the long run because of said changes. 

The way declarations work now were an unintended consequence of my suggestions to force clans to fight. Now clans don't fight and get points out of it, this was never my desire. Declarations will be changed accordingly as well. 

If it wasn't your desire then how come as soon as the declaration system changed you went on about how unbreakable were going to abuse it and "win cotm every month now l0l". The irony was that unbreakable wanted to make a biased system which would enable them to be able to declare on any clan to get points without fighting (under the assumption clans wouldn't accept declarations from ub), but it backfired when eop actually accepted that declaration and you know what, unbreakable ignored it. You tried to create and abuse the system and ended up making a mockery of it instead.

This is why you need more perspectives than one or two clans who fill up the majority of the mods and have shown their utter incompetence in changing things. Promote a full range of people that cover all of the clans and you'll get a wider, less constricted perspective.

8 hours ago, Deep Thought said:

I understand the rues, but they are pretty rough around the edges. Especially for WCOTM. Do we really think a hypothetical clan who posts 8 losing topics for weekends, but kills 1-2 mains a day during the week is really the WCOTM? Even if the weekend topics were not "losing" topics, anyone can run up the score with small opt east drags trips. 

P0ke outlined a great start for us 6 years ago on a re-posting of the original idea check it out here:

https://www.sharkbrew.com/topic/16641-raw-list-re-posted/

Again.. the goal of the system is to increase prep activity across the board. RAW list only really works if clans are willing to fight and defend their title- which in this current generation of snowflake leaders.. no it will not work.

9 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

As the guy who makes lists, I agree it is pretty straight forward. I suggested a random start just to prevent clans from bitching about their placement. I still believe the RAW list would work and it could even bring xLPCs more into the fold on the low end. In your extension you need an element of BEST not just most active. 

53 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

Again.. the goal of the system is to increase prep activity across the board. RAW list only really works if clans are willing to fight and defend their title- which in this current generation of snowflake leaders.. no it will not work.

Yes, I get that and suggested RAW type idea as an extension to COTM. I disagree entirely with your second statement. Snowflake leaders do not fight because they don't have too. If you have a list that outlines who is #1 then if the champs decline to defend their title they lose it. A RAW style list would actually force clans into fighting unlike your cauliflower declaration system and as a result further boost activity. 

14 minutes ago, Deep Thought said:

As the guy who makes lists, I agree it is pretty straight forward. I suggested a random start just to prevent clans from bitching about their placement. I still believe the RAW list would work and it could even bring xLPCs more into the fold on the low end. In your extension you need an element of BEST not just most active. 

Including xlpc's would brick multi clanning which despite being for the best, is not sustainable given how small the community is. What I have in mind is centered around who is the best, based on performance, and would require constant performance to maintain spots. #1 is to be fought for, not winning once and running away with it for months. 

49 minutes ago, Deep Thought said:

A RAW style list would actually force clans into fighting unlike your cauliflower declaration system and as a result further boost activity. 

Force clans? How? Like the past 3 iterations of the RAW list where winning clans simply pulled out/ignored it after reaching the highest rank?

At least in the case of the declaration system, there is the propaganda value

8 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

yikes. 

As anticipated you ignore the entirety of the post and focus on the one part that was edited by somebody to make no sense. Honestly I'd expect you'll be crying about ballistas still being allowed in preps and you'll go take mod on another community site soon

7 hours ago, slushpuppeh said:

If the goal was to get clans to prep eachother, then abiding the the majority ub mods who begged for the current system was a terrible idea considering it's only use is to mass declare on people and have free wins if they ignore it, enabling people to win cotm without prepping.

35 minutes ago, Law Abiding Citizen said:

As anticipated you ignore the entirety of the post and focus on the one part that was edited by somebody to make no sense. Honestly I'd expect you'll be crying about ballistas still being allowed in preps and you'll go take mod on another community site soon

I don't care to give you a serious reply when you keep perpetuating bullbrown sticky stuff as if your clan is full of fucking victims. Grow a spine, tough guy, i'm willing to work with any one of you if you can at least pretend to be serious instead of crying about the fact that capable people keep coming from certain clans. 

12 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

I don't care to give you a serious reply when you keep perpetuating bullbrown sticky stuff as if your clan is full of fucking victims. Grow a spine, tough guy, i'm willing to work with any one of you if you can at least pretend to be serious instead of crying about the fact that capable people keep coming from certain clans. 

Now that you're blue you're going to start being serious? Still waiting for that bruv, you've literally cried on these forums for months after you attacked people and they hit you back. We've had a long string of terrible systems since there's been an overflow of mods from certain clans, notably the failure of the cotm and "use of mains" systems. Instead of recycling known trash that has had a tunnel-vision response to everything (the "capable people from certain clans" that you think have done a good job), there needs to be people from more than just two clans who are able to bring in fresh perspectives instead of the handicap we have at the moment. 'Pure community', not 'couple of justin beiber pure clans who have the victimization complex'.

19 minutes ago, Law Abiding Citizen said:

Now that you're blue you're going to start being serious? Still waiting for that bruv, you've literally cried on these forums for months after you attacked people and they hit you back. We've had a long string of terrible systems since there's been an overflow of mods from certain clans, notably the failure of the cotm and "use of mains" systems. Instead of recycling known trash that has had a tunnel-vision response to everything (the "capable people from certain clans" that you think have done a good job), there needs to be people from more than just two clans who are able to bring in fresh perspectives instead of the handicap we have at the moment. 'Pure community', not 'couple of justin beiber pure clans who have the victimization complex'.

the declaration system works pretty well, in fact foe just declared a fullout on you in f2p 

funny how pettiness from all sides keeps getting in the way of otherwise well meaning systems