If you could bring one clan back to life, who would it be?

B-ryan

4 hours ago, Ivp said:

Hard to narrow it down to one clan but would be interesting to see how Epidemic/NME fared in the current scene. I'd say MM as well but honestly they had a monopoly on the pure community and their absence provides (or should provide) motivation for other clans to try and cement their legacy.

I don't think Epidemic would cut it these days. Epidemic were a "hype" clan with a small core, mediocre leadership and not a lot of substance. When you re-opened on 07scape you never pulled above 20 because all the "hype men" were disinterested with Epidemic. I can't see it being any different now. IR on the other hand re-opened after 3 years and managed to bring our huge core back into rs as well as use our veteran leadership to rebuild an entirely new core. Currently easily #3 overall and coming for that #2 belt. Watch out @nICK1.

On 4-11-2017 at 2:43 PM, hotkeying said:

I don't think Epidemic would cut it these days. Epidemic were a "hype" clan with a small core, mediocre leadership and not a lot of substance. When you re-opened on 07scape you never pulled above 20 because all the "hype men" were disinterested with Epidemic. I can't see it being any different now. IR on the other hand re-opened after 3 years and managed to bring our huge core back into rs as well as use our veteran leadership to rebuild an entirely new core. Currently easily #3 overall and coming for that #2 belt. Watch out @nICK1.

Actually when we re-opened on 07scape we pulled 40 after ~2 weeks, but overall we pulled around 20-30 for the few weeks we were open on osrs. There thus was some hype, just a lot of old members had stopped playing. Add to that there was hardly any hype for p2p (there was no f2p at the launch of osrs as you and I both know). We thus realised it was going to be brown sticky stuffty for us since pretty much all of us prefer(ed) f2p. Then we just realised it wasn't going to work out. It would've been a risk waiting for f2p to show up. I think it took 1-2 years for f2p to show up (only 2 worlds or so)? But after that the majority had definitely decided they'd stop playing (like me and many others). Pretty much all of us were 20+ at that time, moving on with our lives. 

I wouldn't say Epidemic wouldn't cut it these days if we had the same ranks and members as we did when, lets say, we were a top 4 clan. All motivated with a decent amount of time. We always pulled more than 60-70% of our ML, something hardly any clan does anymore. Meaning we would pull 50-60 on every weekend competing with clans like UB while slowly rising to compete with the likes of Eop and Foe. But you can't say these things for certain.. 

One thing is certain: neither Epidemic or NME would be succesful if we'd re-open now. All ranks have stopped playing and currently there are only a handful of old members playing.

Ps I think IR is doing better now than pre-osrs. 

1 hour ago, hotkeying said:

Bob was arguably the best leader around pre-eoc. Epidemic was the only real "med clan" that ever broke through the FOE/MM wall and were giving MM a run for their money at their peak. 

6 hours ago, ahegao said:

Awkward because Cp killed eop for the majority of their rivalry, also are up 30+ in preps, not to mentioning closing your brown sticky stuff clan multiple times l0l

hahahaah yes CP is closed while my clan is still open and #1 stay mad u acne ridden rat

Just now, ahegao said:

I closed u 2x in 1 week l00l imagine that

ye u watch anime like a justin beiber freak meanwhile im white and good looking with a 3.9 gpa and top tier fraternity in the best pure clan currently while cp remains dead as fuck LOL imagine that

1 minute ago, JoJo said:

ye u watch anime like a justin beiber freak meanwhile im white and good looking with a 3.9 gpa and top tier fraternity in the best pure clan currently while cp remains dead as fuck LOL imagine that

Yep keep copying CP with our phrases LMAO you're so awkward

21 minutes ago, ahegao said:

Yep keep copying CP with our phrases LMAO you're so awkward

ye keep watching anime like a cringe freak meanwhile im white and good looking with a 3.9 gpa and my clan is open and #1 while yours is dead lmfao

22 minutes ago, JoJo said:

ye keep watching anime like a cringe freak meanwhile im white and good looking with a 3.9 gpa and my clan is open and #1 while yours is dead lmfao

Yeah i'll keep watching anime, dosent the change the fact that i closed eop multiple times

• 1 year later...