[Poll] Clan Wars Maps

موني

Clan Wars  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Should we force default rules or allow defending to choose the map

• Default classic x2/plat for pkri (F2P) / Default plat x3 in (P2P)
    • Allow the defending clan to choose the map and have pkri default plat

27 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

Px had every right to defend on plat, though, and IR left. People aren't scratching their heads because they don't like IR, they're doing so because Px has every right to choose their defending map and you didn't give them that. They could have picked Soggy fucking Swamp. 

You can chosoe to defend on classic. You can choose any map that is entirely multi zone to defend on. Plat is default just because freeze mechanics make line of sight so valuable. 

soggy swamp eh? 

28 minutes ago, Evan said:

Goes back to my other comment of dealing with stubborn leaderships only wanting it their way.

It all sounds great, but sometimes it is not that easy.

Also what maps are off limits to choose to defend on? Can some spastic pick the singles map and turn it into a 1v1 fest?

again, lack of standardization. I can go drill and do inners on turrets or some random for weeks, you think clan B is going to have the same knowledge of said map? I don't see how that can be fair. 

Also in P2P preps, can I choose to defend on classic? Or is it default plat all 3 rounds? 

The only maps that are legal are the ones that are fully multi for obvious reasons, other than that it doesn't matter. I've had preps where clans defended on classic, on plateau, on soggy swamps, on turrets. "Knowledge" of the map isn't really a big factor, it would change how callers go about things but for most members warring is warring. P2P is a completely different animal. It's plateau by default because of the powerful and highly used freeze spells. Having a bunch of trees and other junk blocking line of sight and pathing just does not work very well in a server with spells like ice barrage.

9 hours ago, Crafted said:

Defender has always been able to choose and should continue to be able to choose. Shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken just because 1 broccolied clan threw temper tantrum and cried.

rt

10 hours ago, Shadows said:

We don't. This is more of a checkup by us because of the IR/PX prep. Nothing else to it tbh, but we also ask the community to see what you guys think about it. Most of us think defender should chose anyways. There is no reason to change that.

Can you please explain why after 1 small incident over something (defenders alway schoose the maps, you have to be cauliflower to think otherwise) sharkbrew want to investigate and get involved, but when its fom continuing the doxing of eop on over 4 different occasions sharkbrew refuse to address it?