[Poll] Clan Wars Maps

موني

Clan Wars  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Should we force default rules or allow defending to choose the map

• Default classic x2/plat for pkri (F2P) / Default plat x3 in (P2P)
    • Allow the defending clan to choose the map and have pkri default plat

Here is a better question because there is always gray in this area.

Who gets to decide to attack first? Is it north attacks always? Clan who hopped? Sometimes you get other leaderships pressuring that they want to attack first and you just go with it to avoid drama.

This prep was left purely up to chance in terms of north side attacking round 1 so IR defended since we got the south side. Could we have just left the portal and said, oh we got south so we defend, re chall cause we want to defend on Plat?

Just now, Evan said:

Who gets to decide to attack first? Is it north attacks always? Clan who hopped? Sometimes you get other leaderships pressuring that they want to attack first and you just go with it to avoid drama.

This prep was left purely up to chance in terms of north side attacking round 1 so IR defended since we got the south side. Could we have just left the portal and said, oh we got south so we defend, re chall cause we want to defend on Plat?

The first person to click accept on 2nd screen gets North, it's not random and it's simple enough to communicate with the other clan and decide who is attacking first.

Just now, Trajan said:

The first person to click accept on 2nd screen gets North, it's not random and it's simple enough to communicate with the other clan and decide who is attacking first.

I know this but it definitely isn't 'simple' enough to communicate who attacks first. A lot of clans love to attack first as you have a slight advantage and can hold momentum into the next round if you win.

I've dealt with other leaderships who insist they attack first and can only have it their way, how is that fair at all? What if I want to attack first and some stubborn official isn't having it? I have to bend my knee to the guy just to avoid any further delay? 

9 minutes ago, Evan said:

North portal is always given to the second clan to accept the second screen options, so no, it's not fair to say north attacks when it's possible to sit second screen until someone clicks first out of boredom. It's been discussed that the clan with the min and who hops on time could be given the attacking round but for the most part it's ultimately a decision to be made between the two leaders. 

There is no chance when it comes to north side attacking so your hypothetical is moot

Just now, Evan said:

I know this but it definitely isn't 'simple' enough to communicate who attacks first. A lot of clans love to attack first as you have a slight advantage and can hold momentum into the next round if you win.

I've dealt with other leaderships who insist they attack first and can only have it their way, how is that fair at all? What if I want to attack first and some stubborn official isn't having it? I have to bend my knee to the guy just to avoid any further delay? 

I've never understood people that insist attacking first is a big advantage tbh. There's a couple ways to deal with that. Either refuse to bend and force them to defend, or negotiate who attacks first when you set the prep up, include it in the rules just like you would min opts, combat caps, or defence caps. That way any argument is dealt with before the prep starts and there is no delay.

2 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

North portal is always given to the second clan to accept the second screen options, so no, it's not fair to say north attacks when it's possible to sit second screen until someone clicks first out of boredom. It's been discussed that the clan with the min and who hops on time could be given the attacking round but for the most part it's ultimately a decision to be made between the two leaders. 

There is no chance when it comes to north side attacking so your hypothetical is moot

Goes back to my other comment of dealing with stubborn leaderships only wanting it their way.

2 minutes ago, Trajan said:

I've never understood people that insist attacking first is a big advantage tbh. There's a couple ways to deal with that. Either refuse to bend and force them to defend, or negotiate who attacks first when you set the prep up, include it in the rules just like you would min opts, combat caps, or defence caps. That way any argument is dealt with before the prep starts and there is no delay.

It all sounds great, but sometimes it is not that easy.

Also what maps are off limits to choose to defend on? Can some spastic pick the singles map and turn it into a 1v1 fest?

again, lack of standardization. I can go drill and do inners on turrets or some random for weeks, you think clan B is going to have the same knowledge of said map? I don't see how that can be fair. 

Also in P2P preps, can I choose to defend on classic? Or is it default plat all 3 rounds? 

56 minutes ago, Evan said:

Goes back to my other comment of dealing with stubborn leaderships only wanting it their way.

It all sounds great, but sometimes it is not that easy.

Also what maps are off limits to choose to defend on? Can some spastic pick the singles map and turn it into a 1v1 fest?

again, lack of standardization. I can go drill and do inners on turrets or some random for weeks, you think clan B is going to have the same knowledge of said map? I don't see how that can be fair. 

Also in P2P preps, can I choose to defend on classic? Or is it default plat all 3 rounds? 

Px had every right to defend on plat, though, and IR left. People aren't scratching their heads because they don't like IR, they're doing so because Px has every right to choose their defending map and you didn't give them that. They could have picked Soggy fucking Swamp. 

You can choose to defend on classic. You can choose any map that is entirely multi zone to defend on. Plat is default just because freeze mechanics make line of sight so valuable.