@togo and anyone else confused

Lord Ex

39 defense reverted back to 1 not only because of the main issue but also because unlike pre-eoc 39 defense has NO BENEFIT ON OSRS and if ur thinking of rune gloves that does not make u effective enough against mains to want that high of combat like turmoil did pre-eoc - if u want 39 defence u may aswell get 45 so it actually makes sense

moving forward

when 1 defense was re-introduced into the community I knew at some point 1-20 should eventually become the meta but it would make no sense to have that discussion off the bat being that would force clans to race to maxing accounts and would create an extremely unbalanced scene being clans with established cores & older comunnities would dominate smaller, newer communities along with a 1 def scene just being more appealing to a growth of what was then a very stagnant scene (1 def nearly being extinct at that time)

now I do believe we should be moving towards a 20 def scene because that gives us a little extra bonuses to defend/attack against mains also probably will give clan leaders more balls to actually fight eachother because of the obvious, armour.

now how we smoothly transition into that I'm not sure but I know 39 defence is not the solution

/discuss

5 minutes ago, Lenin said:

James, you started clanning a year ago.

That has no relevance to what he replied, come on lenin you usually give a good arguement 

AAO is 1-20 defence already however no clan has copied them just because they aren't very relevant at the moment, if they were dominant i'm sure clans would copy.

Personally 1-20 is fine, however when clans start getting 25 and above, that is when i will happily log on my main publicly, and kill the 30 defencers 

4 minutes ago, Salso said:

That has no relevance to what he replied, come on lenin you usually give a good arguement 

5 minutes ago, Ex|Will said:

1-20 was the meta pre-eoc before turmoil was introduced

In all seriousness; I rarely saw armour being used in trips back then. The only time I saw black, mithril or initiate was in Edge or Varrock ditch. People most likely did this to fight main accounts. Even when you watch those vids now when they show clips of trips, you'll see most people if not all have 1 defence gear.

Besides that, defence levels your combat up higher than prayer or attack does due to the combat ratio. The greater we level, the easier maxed mains can actually rip us apart. I liked that there was a LPC - MPC - HPC split, but HPC was utterly cancer. Defence just ignites more main usage or fighting against mains. Thats why its just unnecessary.

EDIT: Besides Salso, you PX boys have sure gotten salty since Rage left. Calm yourselves, I still got loves for James.

2 minutes ago, Lenin said:

In all seriousness; I rarely saw armour being used in trips back then. The only time I saw black, mithril or initiate was in Edge or Varrock ditch. People most likely did this to fight main accounts. Even when you watch those vids now when they show clips of trips, you'll see most people if not all have 1 defence gear.

Besides that, defence levels your combat up higher than prayer or attack does due to the combat ratio. The greater we level, the easier maxed mains can actually rip us apart. I liked that there was a LPC - MPC - HPC split, but HPC was utterly cancer. Defence just ignites more main usage or fighting against mains. Thats why its just unnecessary.

EDIT: Besides Salso, you PX boys have sure gotten salty since Rage left. Calm yourselves, I still got loves for James.

• OSRS IGN: NO ASK

1 minute ago, Lenin said:

Again the point your making is valid, have you been to an xlpc trip? There are mains and tanks in every scene its just down to the leaderships of the clans to keep it to a minimum

Pre-eoc like will stated, 1-20def was the meta before turmoil took over. 

get 39def

Just now, Salso said:

Again the point your making is valid, have you been to an xlpc trip? There are mains and tanks in every scene its just down to the leaderships of the clans to keep it to a minimum

Pre-eoc like will stated, 1-20def was the meta before turmoil took over. 

It is true. I think atm what we're facing is more a community problem. Back then there was less hatred and immaturity, and clanning or pvp was more about the game. Some xLPC trips are disgusting too. & I agree its mainly leaderships faults.

We can split Pre-eoc though, between revisions like 317 (way back), 474 (major updates), 525 (claws) etc. and when you go back to 317 defence was never one of the main options. It seems that now it is.

It is true. I think atm what we're facing is more a community problem. Back then there was less hatred and immaturity, and clanning or pvp was more about the game. Some xLPC trips are disgusting too. & I agree its mainly leaderships faults.

We can split Pre-eoc though, between revisions like 317 (way back), 474 (major updates), 525 (claws) etc. and when you go back to 317 defence was never one of the main options. It seems that now it is.

I think the restraint to take the easy way out is props to clans leadership at the moment. Without serious jagex moderation, and an increasingly competitive scene & everyone getting better at the game it is a huge props to clans who've for the longest time restrained from using mains, or kept it to a minimum.

Honestly ask whats to stop someone making a clan in the 70-100 combat bracket with any defence and any account build and rock up saturday and sunday ruining the scene?  Not enough credit is given to the leaderships of these clans (even ir) for not doing scummy brown sticky stuff like this, So we aren't in a crysis it's just how its always been. As a community we play with lower defence for the fast pace action, i mean go watch/play in a main war either server it is very very slow. 

Speaking from a leaders point of view the scene is very good at the moment (For EOP vs APEX/Foe it is probably different because them three are on a merry go-round of cancer) 

2 minutes ago, Salso said:

I think the restraint to take the easy way out is props to clans leadership at the moment. Without serious jagex moderation, and an increasingly competitive scene & everyone getting better at the game it is a huge props to clans who've for the longest time restrained from using mains, or kept it to a minimum.

Honestly ask whats to stop someone making a clan in the 70-100 combat bracket with any defence and any account build and rock up saturday and sunday ruining the scene?  Not enough credit is given to the leaderships of these clans (even ir) for not doing scummy brown sticky stuff like this, So we aren't in a crysis it's just how its always been. As a community we play with lower defence for the fast pace action, i mean go watch/play in a main war either server it is very very slow. 

Speaking from a leaders point of view the scene is very good at the moment (For EOP vs APEX/Foe it is probably different because them three are on a merry go-round of cancer) 

Jagex would rather have inexperienced morons lead their events so yeah thats not gonna happen.

People have been known for scummy tactics, but 39 defence wont aid this either. I'd rather have a level 70 main rag me than a 126.

I haven't been on a trip since early December due to exams so I'm not sure how trips are going for everyone but from what I hear I'd agree with that.

7 minutes ago, Salso said:

I've actually thought about what would happen if we all, the entire pure community, decided to go main. I think thats the most interesting case.