An Active, Honourable Pure Clanning Scene [uLPC]

Sandra

Dear Pure Community,

At the end of 2014 and the start of 2015 the second wave of LPC clanning started with the help of IVP. More than 5 new clans were created to give the pure community a boost. Now, 4 years later, I propose the start of a new wave of pure clans and teams that will help increase the current pure community. However, this time around it will focus on ultra-low levelled pure clans (uLPC), capped at 30-45 combat and 1-3 defence and 1 pray. This new scene will focus on F2P and will be built on the old foundations of pure clanning. A foundation that started to rot before the introduction of EOC in 2012. In our current era this foundation has started to crumble, the walls have collapsed. I therefore propose the creation of a new scene, a pure clanning renaissance that focusses primarily on honour and purity.

As most of you know W308 is filled with low levelled pures, ready to PK. It is in this light that I saw more opportunities. Opportunities to create a fun new scene based on pure action and old-fashioned fun. As most of you know the xLPC scene is brimmed with action, but there are many individuals within the 30-45 combat range that are looking for (multi) action. At the moment of writing there are a handful of clans and teams that PK on a daily basis within this combat range, and other than a lot of fun, this scene could bring a lot of new blood and action to the xLPC and LPC scene in the near future.

What am I proposing?

• A new clanning scene for people, clans and teams who want to PK at a lower combat, primarily for Wilderness action and fun;
  • A new clanning scene for clans and teams who can participate in weekly Pure Clan League (PCL) events on Friday in Clan Wars;
  • A new clanning scene for clans and teams who want to participate in monthly fun events (red vs blue, fire strike wars, iron or bronze wars, snowball fights, rune 2h fights, and so on);
  • The reintroduction of the Ranks by Warring (RAW) list in the pure community to stimulate full outs in F2P and P2P (in Clan Wars) with a clan that is 1 rank higher than you;
  • A new clanning scene for people that hunger for a scene with more honour, based on the following rules that will be supported and respected by Sharkbrew:

1. Crashing, losing and/or topics with fake-endings won’t be allowed on Sharkbrew. They will be removed;
  2. The last clan/team standing wins (this needs to be proven via video);
  3. Clans/teams that participate in this scene will be allowed to team upon crashing clans/teams for the duration of the fight;
  4. A clan/team that breaks the bracket rule (30-45 combat with 1-3 def and 1 pray) will be removed from Sharkbrew via the current dispute system (4/4 disputes and you’re out) and will be dealt with accordingly in-game (starving them from any action, and if needed: team-upon said clan/team) by all clans/teams who agreed upon the rules until such a clan/team adjusts back to the norm, in which case they will be allowed to post topics again on Sharkbrew;
  5. A clan/team that actively uses illegal activities (doxing, ddosing and hacking) will be removed from Sharkbrew after reliable evidence via a warning system (three strikes and you’re out);
  6. Clans/teams that participate in this scene won’t be allowed to teleport during fights vs other clans/teams in this scene. A clan/team that breaks this rule will be removed from Sharkbrew via the current dispute system (4/4 disputes and you’re out) and will be dealt with accordingly in-game (starving them from any action, and if needed: team-upon said clan/team) by all clans/teams who agreed upon the rules until such a clan/team adjusts back to the norm, in which case they will be allowed to post topics again on Sharkbrew.

What can YOU do?

I’m inviting anybody and everybody who wants to get involved in turning this proposal into a reality. If you’ve been thinking about creating a clan over the last few months (or ever, for that matter), now is the PERFECT time to do so. Gather some friends on IRC or discord and get the ball rolling! The goal of this new scene is to bring fun and honour back in the game at a lower level, but also to create a steady flow of new pure clanners who can end up in the xLPC and/or LPC scene.

If you’re interested be sure to pm @Sandra and/or @slushpuppy on Sharkbrew. If enough people are interested a second topic will be created soon with clan/team names and their contact information.

Currently there are two teams/clans ready to open, and there are 2 individuals who are interested and capable of creating a team for this scene! I'm looking for at least 2-4 more team-/clan-leaders who are willingly to create their own team or clan. There are already 3~ W308 teams in this combat range who are multi pking. PM me and/or @slushpuppy to inform us about your intentions.

Thanks for reading!

30 to 45 combat seems a bit boring as everyone would be rocking an addy scim and have 50 range. Clanning isnt so bad tbh. If you feel like you could have a positive influence on it you could always reopen epidemic or NME? Those clans still have positive reputations.

Kinda seems like you dont attend events and now try to tell people that do how it should be done.

Anyway theres already a pretty active low level scene, make a clan and join in in it.

I did like the war ranking suggestion but who is gonna moderate it?

10 minutes ago, Lionel said:

30 to 45 combat seems a bit boring as everyone would be rocking an addy scim and have 50 range. Clanning isnt so bad tbh. If you feel like you could have a positive influence on it you could always reopen epidemic or NME? Those clans still have positive reputations.

Kinda seems like you dont attend events and now try to tell people that do how it should be done.

Anyway theres already a pretty active low level scene, make a clan and join in in it.

I did like the war ranking suggestion but who is gonna moderate it?

Thanks for your honest reply Lionel.

• Multi clanning has, in most people's eyes, always been about action, and less about loot. So I don't see an issue with people using addy scims and people being 50 range. Remember, most clans started as lvl 40's;
  • Epidemic and NME won't re-open, ex-members are still around though; 
  • I've attended a couple pure events in the last months as a clan friend, and what I saw shocked me (in some cases more mains than pures, mass teleporting and mass crashing);
  • I'm in no way telling people how it should be done, even though I can understand that it seems that way. This is a suggestion, a proposal. Many people that have experienced the older days of clanning will agree that a lot has changed, for worse. 
  • Who knows!
  • The RAW list would be implemented and moderated by Gatekeepers if the pure community wants it again and the rules get fleshed out. 

@Sandra I'm going to feel so free and write up why I think this would not work in this bracket. Altho I like the effort you've put in and low combat is quite fun ngl.

• The brackets off "ulpc" and "xlpc" will start overlapping 
  • "xlpc" would be able to hit "ulpc" accounts therefore make it alot less fun
  • I'm unsure if people want to be in 3 scenes

21 minutes ago, Skeez said:

lowkey on topic though i feel as if this wouldnt work any different than xlpc and lpc for the sole reason nobody wants to lose any more and would rather starve their members of action instead of attempting to fight clans who may be better than they are

Let's hope there are still people left that care about having fun action packed fights. I'm sure most people don't mind losing 20-30k now and then!

20 minutes ago, DULL said:

hmm...

I think the combat bracket for ulpc would be too close to xlpc one. iDK yall

They indeed would be close to the xLPC scene, but this would create a flow of individuals, clans and teams who could move up the xLPC scene. Back in the golden these there were no 'scenes', there were just clans who competed with their rivals, but clans were a lot more motivated to climb the ladder (Epidemic being the best example). Perhaps this will stimulate, and motivate clans who whish to start as a uLPC to proceed to the xLPC and finally the LPC scene.

12 minutes ago, Backstabbed said:

@Sandra I'm going to feel so free and write up why I think this would not work in this bracket. Altho I like the effort you've put in and low combat is quite fun ngl.

• The brackets off "ulpc" and "xlpc" will start overlapping 
  • "xlpc" would be able to hit "ulpc" accounts therefore make it alot less fun
  • I'm unsure if people want to be in 3 scenes

Overlapping isn't necessarily a bad thing seeing as it creates a flow from one scene into another. Like I've said above in answer to Dull's comment: back in the older days smaller clans could get hit by bigger and stronger clans. There was 1 scene for a very long time before other scenes were introduced. Back in the day, unlike now, clans were actually willing to climb the ladder (starting as a low levelled pure clan, but ending as a higher levelled pure clan). To improve themselves by fighting and beating better fishes along the way (Epidemic being a good example). 

Your last point seems to be the most vailid point for this pure community, a community in which most people multi clan. However, I'm sure there are people who don't wish to invest many hours into a pure for the LPC or xLPC scene, because they lack the time. This scene would also be a scene for new fresh blood, and going back to my earlier statement, this scene could create a flow for newer people into the xLPC and LPC scene eventually.