Response from Insane

Insane

@slushpuppeh I'm only posting a response because it seems like you think I dislike you, but I actually don't. This isn't a bash topic, just a general response to clear the air.

18 hours ago, slushpuppeh said:

I wish them all the best with their new host(Insane)

Thanks friend.

16 hours ago, slushpuppeh said:

All lies since Ik you always been trying to get the host switched for past god knows how many weeks.

They've been in contact for several months inquiring about moving hosts, and only contacted me a few weeks ago with the go ahead with the move. I had time yesterday to take care of it.

See you in 4 months when Insane becomes uncontactable again and/or sells your database to SV hittin heh.

That's an oddly specific number? I mean I don't really go on IRC, but have always been reachable via Email or Discord.

I haven't spoken to Eli since August, all unrelated to transactions to databases.

My service usually goes on without an issue, mitigation mirror is extremely successful, but a bit pricey, and wasn't purchased for the point of hosting clan sites, they just ride the wave.

Not denying that people had issues connecting to all my forums last year nov-dec due to the anti ddos issues.

But when a host goes MIA for a month straight, then the young grasshopper will understand the true definition of "too long".

Only time I was unreachable for more than 24 hours, but still less than 36 hours, was when I was on vacation in Sri Lanka last year. Side note- it was a non-issue since none of my RS sites or voice servers went down.

2 hours ago, slushpuppeh said:

My hosting is unparalleled in terms of the custom and homebrewed features I provide. Feel free to refresh your memory

Eh, I wouldn't say unparalleled, It sure is unique, but you could make more money selling your applications than limiting them to your host. I have a copy of all of them, and don't see a use in any of them outside of group mention. I might even release it publicly on iv site.

My own personal upgrades to IPB makes it the most secure and feature rich IPB 3.4 of any clan site

2 layers of software based logins still won't trump an air gapped hardware layer.

md5 user/pass 32char both times? Kinda pushing your luck on what you call "most secure", it's a pretty good setup, but could be improved for sure. 

Oddly enough out of every clan site I've hosted, only 1 was infiltrated successfully, and I managed to gain FO as a client the same day. I dropped FO a year later with a few weeks notice, full backup provided, when I was moving 3000 miles away and was unclear if I would continue to be involved in the RS scene.

Also I hope you been truthful with your members on the recent history of your current host. Perhaps that is why I am hosting 15+ clans and your host only has 3.

I didn't come here to flame you @slushpuppeh but I've gotta shut you down on this one. My day trade is a sys admin, I don't need to host bulk sites for income. I clear more in a month than you will make in a year.

Never once have I messaged someone or posted an advertisement of my "hosting services" for sale, it's all word of mouth, it's been word of mouth since I started hosting clans 12 years ago. 15+ clan sites means dick when it's a bunch of XLLLLLPC's. I've hosted the majority of every big name in the clan world, main+pure+pvm. Site total means squat when your post total sum is 1/10th of who you are talking down @. Also the current number of RS sites is 7.

2 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

and next we shall see eop abandon sharkbrew in favor of cody's brand new community site coming soon™

No thanks, I don't need cancer.

===

query Insane if you need me.