Resolution to Sharkbrew Rank Leaking RL Names

slushpuppy

It was brought to our attention that Phil, a Sharkbrew rank, had leaked an RL name of someone in another clan.

image.png

Upon investigation, it was clear that he made the terrible judgement call in retaliation to a person leaking the details of his close RL friend. @Andy has spoken to the clan ranks who leaked the aforementioned details and we hope that the issue would be addressed shortly.

Phil has apologized and we are closing this incident off with a warning.

image.png

In regular circumstances, we do not condone DOXing on this site or by our ranks, however in light of present circumstances where DOXing seems to be gradually accepted by the community, @holydreams will be hosting an Ambassador meeting later this Thursday to clamp down on this issue.

I would like to thank Andy for taking the lead in resolving this situation and Phil for coming clean for what he has done.

We will not disclose the name of the clan who leaked Phil's details but we are grateful to said ranks for taking the complaint and acting on it

52 minutes ago, 17_ said:

not the best example to set. the situation between me/foe was different, this guy is a rank, representing your site and its actions therefore people assume that sharkbrew condones doxing

The situation is indeed different. The mitigating factors are that the DOXer crossed the line by not just only DOXing Phil, but threatening his IRL-friend- whom he cared very deeply for. Phil made no effort to defend himself and was very transparent with regards to the details of the case.

He has been given a warning as a result and should this occur again, punitive measures will be taken against him

I am not a guy for retaliation as I do not believe in wrong for wrong. Nothing good ever comes from it. When you start involving the IRL information of friends and family members though, that is the point where you have crossed the line.

Hope something like this does not repeat. Ty to the people who worked to resolve it.

2 hours ago, 17_ said:

lol. so i guess doxing is allowed now yes can we just confirm?

@Backstabbed u aint brown sticky stuff btw

2 hours ago, 17_ said:

not the best example to set. the situation between me/foe was different, this guy is a rank, representing your site and its actions therefore people assume that sharkbrew condones doxing

First of all the situation with EOP/FOE was different and a lot worse, if you somehow come to the conclusion sb now condones doxing, then you're just being an tomato. CONTEXT. I don't condone phils actions but he was certainly triggered into the situation. He does it again he's gone

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Sharkbrew revealing its true colors nothing to see here boys

If you wish I can reveal the other side to this doxing conversation which paints IR in a really bad light.

Before I begin, I don't even know who Phil is, so this is completely unbiased.

4 hours ago, slushpuppy said:

Phil has apologized and we are closing this incident off with a warning.

You see, this is where this is wrong. @slushpuppy This site is corrupt, and this literally proves it. I've had a sharkbrew account for like 3 years, and never used it until like 2 months ago had literally 0 posts until 2 months ago, this was because how corrupt sharkbrew staff is, and the site didn't really deserve more posts by myself. Then I started using it because the whole pure community uses it.

So, Phil gets doxed or whatever, so he retaliates with doxing back. Two wrongs don't make a right. The fact is, @slushpuppeh literally, I know 100% if this no one even DOX'ed phil, and he still DOX'ed someone for fun, phil would still recieve a warning, because you assume its okay to do in the community.. LMFAO or if a former staff did this in the same situation, that person would get far worse & severe punishments.

But you react in a way with a warning simply because he's a rank and it's fine. Which symbolizes.. CORRUPTION.

4 hours ago, slushpuppy said:

however in light of present circumstances where DOXing seems to be gradually accepted by the community

This line is literally a excuse, one of the finest and artistically made excuses by no other than a sharkbrew rank. This community does not accept DOXing, what makes you think you can speak behalf of the community? DOXing is wrong, has been, always will be. Therefore you should remove Phil's status as a SharkBrew rank. If he's capable of doing this in bad judgement, he can practically do anything next.

Will I continue using this forum? Yes.

Simply because there isn't a better pure clan community forum, or any forum at all actually. Just sad that this website has corrupt staff.

16 minutes ago, Manni said:

This line is literally a excuse, one of the finest and artistically made excuses by no other than a sharkbrew rank. This community does not accept DOXing, what makes you think you can speak behalf of the community?

Clan ranks actions themselves show this, not a statement slush has made lol. Clan leaders have minimal care with the exception of a very miniscule percentile when it comes to doxing. This was seen with the FOE/EOP situation and to a more discreet extent, lower pulling clans too. 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

Clan ranks actions themselves show this, not a statement slush has made lol. Clan leaders have minimal care with the exception of a very miniscule percentile when it comes to doxing. This was seen with the FOE/EOP situation and to a more discreet extent, lower pulling clans too. 

Doesn't make it okay, a punishment should be given still.

1 hour ago, Manni said:

Before I begin, I don't even know who Phil is, so this is completely unbiased.

You see, this is where this is wrong. @slushpuppy This site is corrupt, and this literally proves it. I've had a sharkbrew account for like 3 years, and never used it until like 2 months ago had literally 0 posts until 2 months ago, this was because how corrupt sharkbrew staff is, and the site didn't really deserve more posts by myself. Then I started using it because the whole pure community uses it.

So, Phil gets doxed or whatever, so he retaliates with doxing back. Two wrongs don't make a right. The fact is, @slushpuppeh literally, I know 100% if this no one even DOX'ed phil, and he still DOX'ed someone for fun, phil would still recieve a warning, because you assume its okay to do in the community.. LMFAO or if a former staff did this in the same situation, that person would get far worse & severe punishments.

But you react in a way with a warning simply because he's a rank and it's fine. Which symbolizes.. CORRUPTION.

This line is literally a excuse, one of the finest and artistically made excuses by no other than a sharkbrew rank. This community does not accept DOXing, what makes you think you can speak behalf of the community? DOXing is wrong, has been, always will be. Therefore you should remove Phil's status as a SharkBrew rank. If he's capable of doing this in bad judgement, he can practically do anything next.

Will I continue using this forum? Yes.

Simply because there isn't a better pure clan community forum, or any forum at all actually. Just sad that this website has corrupt staff.

And you speak on behalf of the pure community? You would be innately naive to believe the community does not accept doxing as even your own clan also DOXes people.

The word you are looking for is cronyism not corruption. And if Sharkbrew was corrupt we would have swept this matter under the carpet, and not made this topic, so I suggest you show some restraint in your choice of words.

I agree with your statement punitive action has to be taken. Phil is a new Sharkbrew rank. My full knowledge of the case is that Phil made a judgement call under duress and he was agitated by the DOXing threats against his IRL friend.

Therefore, Andy's conclusions that the shame from publicly exposing Phil and this topic is more than suffice in this instance.

1 hour ago, slushpuppeh said:

And you speak on behalf of the pure community? You would be innately naive to believe the community does not accept doxing as even your own clan also DOXes people.

The word you are looking for is cronyism not corruption. And if Sharkbrew was corrupt we would have swept this matter under the carpet, and not made this topic, so I suggest you show some restraint in your choice of words.

I agree with your statement punitive action has to be taken. Phil is a new Sharkbrew rank. My full knowledge of the case is that Phil made a judgement call under duress and he was agitated by the DOXing threats against his IRL friend.

Therefore, Andy's conclusions that the shame from publicly exposing Phil and this topic is more than suffice in this instance.

Here we go we have another sharkbrew rank in on the corruption. I don't speak on behalf of the pure community, are you trying to imply that DOX'ing is allowed now, that's literally what that statement even says. The community since way back has never approved of doxing. I don't know of any DOX'ing either way, and slushpuppy should have revoked Phil's  rank, but SharkBrew is corrupt. It's not cronyism

"dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power"

Phil is in power, he has done dishonest conduct known as DOXing. Therefore, my earlier statement is still valid.

Anyways continue backing your staff members up bud, It's funny I love how biased it is.