What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (WE NEED YOUR INPUT)

Kim

What are your thoughts on anonymous accounts? (MAKE SURE TO VOTE)  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the content from anonymous accounts?

• Yes, I enjoy the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No, I dislike the content. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • Indifferent.
  2. 2. Should we enforce a verification on anonymous accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)
  3. 3. Do you categorize anonymous accounts as troll accounts?

• Yes. (post reasoning in the comment section)
    • No. (post reasoning in the comment section)

I believe if people want to have alt names they should be able to do so. Some don't wont to share their real identities which is fine.

In terms of troll, we can actually manually detect if they are through their profile (the content they provide).

Verification would be difficult or incredibly time-consuming tbh.

1 hour ago, Olm said:

your essentially cracking down on free-speech & freedom of expression if u implement any type of "restrictions" ...your forums though, so do what u please. 

You can say as you wish on an account with your real alias. Most recently, a lot of the annonymous accounts are created to harass others or if not push for their clans personal agendas. They can do this on their accounts. I don’t have any problem with accounts  like yours. When you first started posted on the forums, it was minimal flame and it provided input to clan topics. This topic was mainly aimed towards people who make countless accounts after being banned from reasons to ranging to irl details to harassment.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:53 PM, Kim said:

You can say as you wish on an account with your real alias. Most recently, a lot of the annonymous accounts are created to harass others or if not push for their clans personal agendas. They can do this on their accounts. I don’t have any problem with accounts  like yours. When you first started posted on the forums, it was minimal flame and it provided input to clan topics. This topic was mainly aimed towards people who make countless accounts after being banned from reasons to ranging to irl details to harassment.

several of these "troll accounts" you described being @The incredible IR @Zo's Keyboard so im not particularly a fan, but that doesn't mean we should ban them. Also why would u even consider cracking down on anonymity? (take reddit for example) most of the popularity on reddit is BECAUSE of the ability to remain anonymous. besides that, what constitutes not being anonymous? (RSN only or what else?) But when it comes to the IRL Details & harassment, thats what Forum Moderators are supposed to be for, & frankly that seems to be a huge problem here (i've been on the forums for 5months now i think & i've been striked for extremely ridiculous things such as getting on a particular mods nerves{like tough brown sticky stuff it comes with the territory now do ur duty & strike the proper people})

Im against suppressing people wether they are morons or not, but its your forums, do what you please.

1. Do you like the content from anonymous accounts?

No, most content that comes from an anonymous account is horrible banter, if it's not just a straight flame post.

2. Should we enforce a verification on anonymous accounts?

I don't think that would be necessary however I think there should be more restrictions on a new account. It's extremley easy to post 10 times on random forum topics to get the necessary requirements to post in clan discussion.

3. Do you categorize anonymous accounts as troll accounts?

Yes, there is no other reason to make an anonymous account.

• 3 weeks later...