Apology to IR/Hotkeying

slushpuppy

I would like to apologise, bonum fidei, to IR and Hotkeying for any sort of embarrassment caused to them or their reputation for the incident earlier.

The Incident

Hotkeying's SB account was breached earlier because the password he used for Sharkbrew was the same for other sites. Unfortunately as his account was banned for irl threats, this resulted in his 2FA authentication being disabled and the hacker was able to log in. The hacker(EOP Lil Nick) pm'd me to get his account unbanned.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

As I reviewed the account history, it appeared the account was banned over 2 months ago for IRL threats when it was supposed to be temporary. So I made the decision to unban the account.

Additionally, due to the IP encryption system of Sharkbrew(that issues a new encrypted IP every 24 hours), we are unable to determine whether it was the real Hotkeying

Upon the removal of the ban, Nick went ahead to post the following topic:

image.png

As this is not the first time Nick has converted a rank of another clan into joining his own, I disregarded some warnings from my own rank(Brap/Danny) team that it was probably a fake topic. Regardless, I sent a PM to IR Michaell to confirm just incase.

image.png

Later, when hotkeying came on, we discovered his topic was merely a ruse and his account indeed was hijacked, thus Sharkbrew have taken the following steps:

1. We have secured the account of Hotkeying
  2. The topic in question has been deleted
  3. Thanks to Lil nick cooperation, we have uncovered the entirety of the issues including the fact that 2fa didn't work if your account was banned nor did it work if trying to post a topic
  4. Due to his cooperation, we have decided to banned his Sharkbrew account for 1 week

We urge all sharkbrew users to avoid using the same password on sharkbrew and else where

Just now, Acid said:

so I call some fat little bastard a fat little bastard on these forums and I get perm banned yet some lil aussie skid mark hacks some other cunts forums acc and gets a 1 week ban lmao