Why Dox?

Kim

Do you support of such system?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support of such system?

• Yes
    • No (explain why in the posts below.)

Hello, Community

Its been awhile since I've made a written a major update topic. This is a topic that I didn't know how to fully introduce at first. As some of you may know from Slush's topic, We got threatened by a certain individual. "either you unban me or i'll target all your admins." Prior to this, My dox got dropped in numerous discords. The amount of positivity  that I received from the community was tremendous. In most cases, when one gets doxed within the community. People just laugh and spread it around. With my case, people made a conversation within their own discords and even on Sharkbrew Discord. My staff and I have been wanting to help impact the community in a positive way since January of this year in this realm.

Here it is, we have constructed a system to help those who have been doxed. We have everything set up within the system but we want to know what you guys may think about it before release. 

The system will entail:

• Privacy
  • Security 
  • Exposure 

Our system will expose those who have may doxed one of our own in our individual clans.  it will also show step by step guides on how to clean your info on the internet and much more. The steps and procedures for this system will most likely be made anonymous to a degree. We will be speaking to the people who have been targeted on how to properly construct their topics before made topic. Upon, writing the exposure, the person(s) will also be able to notify us on who they can trust within our staff team completely. (Some people as we know, they won't easily trust just anyone.) 

I will be releasing this system with the support of my staff team. This system will be reviewed by Counselor+ of your choosing. The toxicity within this realm needs to be exposed by players. Over the months, we've mediated dox wars and lessen the blows. Even consoling some members of this community.  To show these people, you have the power and you're able to defend yourself.  We'd like to release this system with the suggestions of the community. 

Its a lot to write within a topic but the main points that I want to hit. We will go through with this, with the proper feedback from our community.

Something to remember, We all know at least one person personally who has been doxed. Take the topic seriously.  If not, don't comment or your comments will most likely be removed or warrned. Thank you. 

Please elaborate on how you will "expose" those who may have been doxed?

Not even sure what your trying to do here. Only thing that can work here is probably educating the person that got doxed on how to  " show step by step guides on how to clean your info on the internet and much more".

I don't condone doxing but i doubt this will have any meaningful impact on the community. The doxing will continue in this community and its a shame, but sharkbrew just doesn't have the influence to do anything about it except moderate its site & discord so it doesn't happen there.

4 minutes ago, Crunk said:

Please elaborate on how you will "expose" those who may have been doxed?

Not even sure what your trying to do here. Only thing that can work here is probably educating the person that got doxed on how to  " show step by step guides on how to clean your info on the internet and much more".

I don't condone doxing but i doubt this will have any meaningful impact on the community. The doxing will continue in this community and its a shame, but sharkbrew just doesn't have the influence to do anything about it except moderate its site & discord so it doesn't happen there.

When people use expose within the community. It can be used in two ways. To either dox the individual  or how the word is used in everyday life. To expose, I meant, as to have a topic detailing what the person has done. This will be confidential on terms of the type of information. I took note on how these last few times the others and I got doxed. It made a difference to shame the person and that what is I want to bring the website.  We will also have a list of known doxers once its shown on the website with the case. The list will also show the current clan that they belong to and the reasoning why they were placed on the topic. 

I will explain a bit further, as I need to promote the new gatekeepers on website now 

9 minutes ago, Parm said:

dont support, anything run by this forums turns into a shit show

i can only imagine how something containing leaking of IRL info will end up in the hands of ur xlpc no namer staff ect

The info will only go through the choice of the user. (This being ONLY Counselor+ as stated in the topic.) The privacy settings within the sections are only shown with Counselor+ currently as we're ensuring the safety of our users by testing out different widgets. 

2 minutes ago, Moni said:

So many good/bad aspects of this

On one hand it may or may not turn away incidents of doxing but on the other the person who did the doxing in the first place can retaliate much worse. 

Every situation can be made different. Some of the doxers do back down when such expose does occur. It will also differ on how the user & staff compose the topics. 

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

When people use expose within the community. It can be used in two ways. To either dox the individual  or how the word is used in everyday life. To expose, I meant, as to have a topic detailing what the person has done. This will be confidential on terms of the type of information. I took note on how these last few times the others and I got doxed. It made a difference to shame the person and that what is I want to bring the website.  We will also have a list of known doxers once its shown on the website with the case. The list will also show the current clan that they belong to and the reasoning why they were placed on the topic. 

Okay understood. I don't think shaming a person would do that much cause this community doesn't really care. Moni also has a point. There is a fine line and you could make the aggressor come at the person even worse. Also, would individuals that dox in retaliation be placed on the list as well?

Obviously don't support doxing as a weapon on the internet, it is nothing but to boost your self esteem by looking at other peoples flaws and by that you are a fucking bitch because you use that to gain confidence to make others feel bad. 

But i don't think it will go away because that's just the internet.

It's a video game at the end of the day, people in this community all know eachother very well. People share IRL information with people they get to know, respect that and don't spread it around like a gossip tabloid.

Just now, Crunk said:

Okay understood. I don't think shaming a person would do that much cause this community doesn't really care. Moni also has a point. There is a fine line and you could make the aggressor come at the person even worse. Also, would individuals that dox in retaliation be placed on the list as well?

The last few weeks, although, Most of the incidents didn't receive too much exposure. I know the victims who did get doxed, they did receive a lot of support from peers and strangers for talking about in their clans etc. Its something that we can trial with and I would like to remind everyone. This system will functio with how the user would like to use it for. If they don't feel comfortable showing the details and if its a common doxer, We can go off their evidence and others and draft the topic ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

The last few weeks, although, Most of the incidents didn't receive too much exposure. I know the victims who did get doxed, they did receive a lot of support from peers and strangers for talking about in their clans etc. Its something that we can trial with and I would like to remind everyone. This system will functio with how the user would like to use it for. If they don't feel comfortable showing the details and if its a common doxer, We can go off their evidence and others and draft the topic ourselves. 

But are those that retaliate against doxers with doxing itself, will they be punish? or will there be a double standard and won't be shamed? For example, some people yesterday were targeted for no reason just cause they were friends with the guy that doxed you... And i can only assume that there was really no interference from you to stop the doxing and the hacking of other individuals who had nothing to do with your situation.

Just now, Wee-Bey said:

doxing is much more than just posting a irl picture

yh but the topic was made bc of a pic not addresses, personal info, numbers etc I know the concept etc 

5 minutes ago, Crunk said:

But are those that retaliate against doxers with doxing itself, will they be punish? or will there be a double standard and won't be shamed? For example, some people yesterday were targeted for no reason just cause they were friends with the guy that doxed you... And i can only assume that there was really no interference from you to stop the doxing and the hacking of other individuals who had nothing to do with your situation.

The topic of what happened last night, I would like to talk about it within this comment and we can discuss furthermore within discord. That is something that I wanted people to bring up with this topic. For this to work, Most likely (80%) We will have to also put the person who retaliated within the list to with the reasoning.  With my situation last night, I didn't know half of the stuff happening as so many people were mass-messaging me and I had barely woken up (I was on my phone with discord.) I had to get involved to stop people from retaliating. I'm not sure what you're on about when it comes to the hacking.  Nobody's runescape accounts were tamped within my situation. 

Please, in order not to derail this topic, you can message me on discord or talk in Sharkbrew Discord. Thank you!