Kim

Do you support of such system?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support of such system?

• Yes
    • No (explain why in the posts below.)

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

in that case then okay fair enough 

This topic has been a topic that needed to be made long before my situation. We worked with individuals in private settings instead of bringing into the surface of our forums. 

19 minutes ago, Ari said:

whipz posted an irl pic of u that u GAVE to renee, idk why this is such a big deal, ur blowing it out of proportion yourself

You're clueless to what happened. Please review Slushpuppy's topic here.

I did not in no way attempt to mention Whipz within the topic. My full dox got posted hours later and threats were made to myself. This full dox was spread through discords along with old pictures of myself.  The purpose of this topic is not to talk about the situation but to the talk about the concept of releasing this system. Thank you. 

Just now, Kim said:

The topic of what happened last night, I would like to talk about it within this comment and we can discuss furthermore within discord. That is something that I wanted people to bring up with this topic. For this to work, Most likely (80%) We will have to also put the person who retaliated within the list to with the reasoning.  With my situation last night, I didn't know half of the stuff happening as so many people were mass-messaging me and I had barely woken up (I was on my phone with discord.) I had to get involved to stop people from retaliating. I'm not sure what you're on about when it comes to the hacking.  Nobody's runescape accounts were tamped within my situation. 

Please, in order not to derail this topic, you can message me on discord or talk in Sharkbrew Discord. Thank you! 

No one ever said runescape accounts were tampered with.. But other things were tampered with in retaliation to your situation and the people that got affected with this had nothing to do with the situation. I just wanted to make sure that those who also retaliated will also be put on such list.. Don't think the list will improve anything, but won't hurt to try.

Just now, Crunk said:

No one ever said runescape accounts were tampered with.. But other things were tampered with in retaliation to your situation and the people that got affected with this had nothing to do with the situation. I just wanted to make sure that those who also retaliated will also be put on such list.. Don't think the list will improve anything, but won't hurt to try.

Refer to disc

2 minutes ago, Saucey said:

??? Wat that gotta do with what i said 

"Lmfao typical shartbrew only give a fuck when it involves your small group of mods."

I felt more inclined to post this from the positive impact that occurred during this whole mess last night. Instead of posting this thread before, I had trouble introducing this as I thought it would flop from how intoxicated the community got at the time. So, instead of making public on forums, we found other ways over the months of mediating and consoling the situations. 

I've spent hours mediating situations from Oct and even before that. The doxing got rampant over the months and we've been constructing this system to the degree where we know, it'll protect the victim. The matter was introducing this in a fashion of a poll or people shaming us because 'we acted' too late to put this on forums. Its a touche situation but it had to be posted eventually.

P.S i didn't need something happening to me to construct the system fully with my staff members. What I did need was a push with the impact of positivity that occurred. 

I remember the conversations regarding this topic while I was around. Currently, I believe the methodology used might get previously attacked people in more trouble so I disagree with the system until some type of protection can  be provided (information on protection/security wouldn’t be a bad start) or a further explanation of the animosity system is given. It is a 50/50 risk wether a doxer backs down or attacks a second time. That is too high of a ratio for people who just want to enjoy the game and community without their family being contacted by some retard.

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

I remember the conversations regarding this topic while I was around. Currently, I believe the methodology used might get previously attacked people in more trouble so I disagree with the system until some type of protection can  be provided (information on protection/security wouldn’t be a bad start) or a further explanation of the animosity system is given. It is a 50/50 risk wether a doxer backs down or attacks a second time. That is too high of a ratio for people who just want to enjoy the game and community without their family being contacted by some retard.

^this

Doxing is cancer and should be stopped but this won't do it. Realistically, Sharkbrew is just a website. You can try to support victims and flag known doxers, but you have no power to actually stop it from happening. Let's be honest an awful lot of people that involve themselves with doxing 1. are already known to be nh idiots and/or 2. won't care about some sort of punishment or stigma handed down by a community site. This is inviting the possibility of provoking a more serious response from the attacker in exchange for minimal benefit. Unless you can do something to actually stop or deter doxing or irl retaliation, such as bringing legal action against the scumbag, I don't believe this is worth it. Privately assisting victims and educating them on how to secure their online information and protect themselves is good and should be continued, but don't make it into a big public stink. 

Man you nerds who hack/dox needa put your hands to better use, lots of you losers got your priorities all messed up, chilling on RS + ts all day chatting with your internet buddies you don't know IRL, hiding behind a screen being e-thugs l0l, mean life broooo 

After you do your lame virgin hacker dox shit, go look in the mirror and ask yourself wtf you're doing with your life hacking/doxing over fucking OldSchool Runescape of all things in 2K18 :lol:

5 hours ago, Phebz said:

It's a video game at the end of the day, people in this community all know eachother very well. People share IRL information with people they get to know, respect that and don't spread it around like a gossip tabloid.

Extremely stupid and childish to expose or bring attention to the individual doxxing; most of the time they do it for attention or to seek a reaction.

Offer a system to provide the information for securing personal information and steps that can be taken to lock up ones info tighter to avoid a leak of there data , that is something that should be provided and would be easier for you and other admins to accomplish as a goal.

Shaming a sweaty nerd publicly makes you no better than a common middle School bully ; were all for the most part adults why not act like them 

gl fighting this but you're wasting time, this is like tryna go make sense or have a normal conversation @ 4chan with all the spastics and cripples there.

also funny how actions are only taken now when you got your irl posted.

trustin niggas on the internet come with alot of consequences, just like irl, if you don't like it don't trust anyone or don't be here, nothing will change.

you can't give em any punishment either, what are you gonna ban em from the yearly 6v6 mini tournament? lol.

1 hour ago, P R O D said:

Extremely stupid and childish to expose or bring attention to the individual doxxing; most of the time they do it for attention or to seek a reaction.

Offer a system to provide the information for securing personal information and steps that can be taken to lock up ones info tighter to avoid a leak of there data , that is something that should be provided and would be easier for you and other admins to accomplish as a goal.

Shaming a sweaty nerd publicly makes you no better than a common middle School bully ; were all for the most part adults why not act like them 

Educating people on how to better protect themselves is the way to go.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Obviously don't support doxing as a weapon on the internet, it is nothing but to boost your self esteem by looking at other peoples flaws and by that you are a fucking bitch because you use that to gain confidence to make others feel bad. 

But i don't think it will go away because that's just the internet.

5 hours ago, nawe said:

gl fighting this but you're wasting time, this is like tryna go make sense or have a normal conversation @ 4chan with all the spastics and cripples there.

also funny how actions are only taken now when you got your irl posted.

trustin niggas on the internet come with alot of consequences, just like irl, if you don't like it don't trust anyone or don't be here, nothing will change.

you can't give em any punishment either, what are you gonna ban em from the yearly 6v6 mini tournament? lol.