Pures vs mains v928

Just now coming back to this desolate wasteland of a community, I've been paying attention to the events Jagex has been hosting in hopes of inspiring a more competitive atmosphere. Wilderness wars, dead man mode, etc. I honestly hoped I'd see some of the pure community clans mark their names in these events just to be let down. I just gotta ask why? I mean we hold ourselves to "the pure standard" but the only difference is a few defense levels and a mind for efficient food use. Other than that we're as competitive as the rest of them but in a thriving community as opposed to the even more wasteland of the main community. We only care to compete in categories under the pure category and nothing else. What separates us from them? Posting for good banter and I'm bored. What's up with it?

In light of recent events it's apparent jagex do not care for the pure community simply because the way we build are accounts are unintended methods of beating the combat system. We build our accs for MAX dps in our brackets and since pre-eoc we've not seen 1 BIG change intended for pure clanning in comparison to all these changes for MAIN clanning specifically (dpsear,clan wars etc)

25 minutes ago, Moni said:

In light of recent events it's apparent jagex do not care for the pure community simply because the way we build are accounts are unintended methods of beating the combat system. We build our accs for MAX dps in our brackets and since pre-eoc we've not seen 1 BIG change intended for pure clanning in comparison to all these changes for MAIN clanning specifically (dpsear,clan wars etc)

I didn't play EOC. I quit in 2008/2009. What sort of updates did Jagex have for pures? They have hated pures since "hero" was one of the pures to get the d scim with 1 def 1 pray lol.

24 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I didn't play EOC. I quit in 2008/2009. What sort of updates did Jagex have for pures? They have hated pures since "hero" was one of the pures to get the d scim with 1 def 1 pray lol.

they didn't do any that was my point 

9 minutes ago, Moni said:

they didn't do any that was my point 

Yeah but why not look at this as an opportunity to get our community out there in the open and show them that hey, we're pkers and players just like you, we just hold ourselves to a harder standard because let's face it. Relying on kills based on RNG through defense and outlasting your opponents doesn't cut it anymore. Pures are all the rage nowadays. I see it on yt, Pure pk compilations and commentaries get all sorts of views. KO's make for the best kills and it's more efficient supply wise. I'm sorry, but until then pure clans are not going to be looked at as quality based clans, we're always going to be looked at as masser cc's with no regard for function and efficiency on the competitive scene when in reality that couldn't be farther from the truth. Why not pride ourselves on setting our performances to a higher standard. I'm sorry but it's sad when ROT can single handedly destroy their own community and bring negative attention to the scene. We've rejuvenated our scene how many times when clans try to set themselves to the same standard as ROT? We're just a better community despite our trolls and hackers. We're thriving and they're dying. Without help from Jagex. We can bring a new light on clanning, and rejuvenate both scenes as a whole. More competition in the wilderness!

48 minutes ago, Tzu said:

Jagex stated the fantasy ehp skilling cup was the most competitive aspect of the game 

So they're basing a claim that skilling is more competitive because it involves indefinite efficiency via pathways, efficient ticks, and numbers. They have a point, but that's literally the equivalent to watching paint dry. Skilling doesn't hold much allure for 95% of the OSRS playerbase, people make bots for shit like that. Clanning is exciting cuz on the field anything can happen really, it just depends on how well you know your opponent (and how many words your callers can yell into their mic per minute LOL). We could definitely do more for our scene no doubt, I just don't get why nobody even makes an effort to trailblaze our scene and compete with the "top dawgs". We got everything they got and more, yet we're content with spamming each other in edgeville for pics on our sharkbrew topics. Lame.

2 hours ago, Chesty Puller said:

So they're basing a claim that skilling is more competitive because it involves indefinite efficiency via pathways, efficient ticks, and numbers. They have a point, but that's literally the equivalent to watching paint dry. Skilling doesn't hold much allure for 95% of the OSRS playerbase, people make bots for shit like that. Clanning is exciting cuz on the field anything can happen really, it just depends on how well you know your opponent (and how many words your callers can yell into their mic per minute LOL). We could definitely do more for our scene no doubt, I just don't get why nobody even makes an effort to trailblaze our scene and compete with the "top dawgs". We got everything they got and more, yet we're content with spamming each other in edgeville for pics on our sharkbrew topics. Lame.

good points, but Jagex don't care about pures. All their recent updates have been mostly for maxed mains or very high combats. I think a lot of ppl from different eras tried to reach out to Jagex mods to listen to the pure community. Back in the days I remember Ian (purespam) was trying to do a lot for the pure scene and coming with suggestions to Jagex mods, but they rarely listen to what we have to say. 

2 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

it's easier to wreck a scene than to build anything that is sustainable. Looking at what we have tried to do and how the clans responded should give you an indication

Yeah but I feel as if you kinda let it happen. You guys didn't moderate any of the negative trolling and shit talking. Now Sharkbrew has just become an easy outlet for caged rejects to let out all their anger and now they've unleashed it on your staff and everything you guys have been trying to do when they get tired of hashing it out on their rivals. Shit like that needs to be left for the clan wars queues. There's a genuine reason why people wanted to leave for pure-warfare and for it to become active again. Cuz the unbiased moderation was so on top people could actually gather there to talk about real issues facing the pure community and band together to squash shit like that. There's nothing funny about ridiculing a clan for the sole reason of baiting them into a easy rivalry. I mean granted a lot of the shit that comes out is hilarious and I find myself in tears sometimes but at a sobering glance it's fucking cancer, literally, won't stop growing until you take a scalpel to it. This is a game we all come to enjoy and for a lot of us pure clanning has always been like a fantasy sport to us, except we get to play in the league. Who the fuck wants to take competition serious when everyone is straight bashing each other with borderline psychopathic satire. It's not "just trolling" the shit's too salty. Let us grow man, it'll happen naturally if you let it. You guys are great with organizing events and leagues, but it's all for nothing if nobody takes it serious. This isn't a healthy community and we've lost a lot of great players cause of it. We need to mature lol, this kid shit is old.