Intro - Dc8 competitive castle wars

Dc8

Hey. My name's Dylan, but alot of people call me Dc too. I'm the Admin/leader of the CWC (castle wars community), which is the community for players who want to play cw competitively

Basically I'm here to try and help grow the Competitive Cw Scene (increase the playerbase hopefully) because there are so many potential players that are completely unaware that the game even has a competitive side. Some of us have been playing competitively for 10+ years, but there are also new players who didn't start playing until OSRS and some of them are some of the better/best players to play the game. I'm hoping some of you guys might have some interest in learning/playing too!

CWC is just the community of players, but there are separate cw clans that VS/war each other weekly (wars usually are 10v10+), but there are tons of smaller private games that go on daily (2v2s-10v10s most of the time)

lmk if anyone has any interest or just questions about the game or community!!!

IGN: Dc8

Discord: Dc#4958

Twitch.tv/Cwc_dc

I play Fortnite, and a little league every now and then too. I'm a huge sports guy but mainly basketball but yeah that's about it 

and here are some videos to give a general idea

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvu0fNdBOsDIa-Qk2w_Oh4w  - cwc top plays youtube channel

pre-eoc cw

Im subscribed to your channel and am aware of your forums. Never got into it because i find the forums non-user friendly. if theres a team who wants to take me along for a game of castle wars id gladly come, is it always in max or are there budget capped fights aawell? Max gear on the main is a bit hefty haha

16 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Im subscribed to your channel and am aware of your forums. Never got into it because i find the forums non-user friendly. if theres a team who wants to take me along for a game of castle wars id gladly come, is it always in max or are there budget capped fights aawell? Max gear on the main is a bit hefty haha

I don't think clans will just let you jump in without applying first because it's a scheduled war, but what I recommend is talk to a few of the people in the community and figure out when they might be doing sort of speak "mini's" essentially small 3v3, 4v4, 5v5's when there are people on TS or something and try to gain experience that way they see what your flaws might be in the game and give you tips of (do's/don'ts). 

Capped games sometimes happen, where as you can not have higher than 100 mage bonus when on the defending team. Sometimes there's capped fights when speaking about certain gear (pre 07), now I have never been a part of a def-cap game but I wouldn't be opposed to it if the community was asked if they wanted it. The only problem is once you're under 20 def, it's harder to find the proper gear with maximum mage def potential to score.

5 hours ago, Bbm said:

I don't think clans will just let you jump in without applying first because it's a scheduled war, but what I recommend is talk to a few of the people in the community and figure out when they might be doing sort of speak "mini's" essentially small 3v3, 4v4, 5v5's when there are people on TS or something and try to gain experience that way they see what your flaws might be in the game and give you tips of (do's/don'ts). 

Capped games sometimes happen, where as you can not have higher than 100 mage bonus when on the defending team. Sometimes there's capped fights when speaking about certain gear (pre 07), now I have never been a part of a def-cap game but I wouldn't be opposed to it if the community was asked if they wanted it. The only problem is once you're under 20 def, it's harder to find the proper gear with maximum mage def potential to score.

I see, if more people from the pure scene show interest, the representatives of your community could perhaps organise an "open night" where people can get familiar with your events. A def-cap game could be alot of fun but i dont think pure clan leaders would setup such a thing since the scene has evolved into something very competetive and an event just for fun with the risk of looking bad while losing it is highly unlikely to happen. Anyway, i dig the vibe of your gameplay and respect that its being kept alive. Best of luck!