Zybez and snap promotions

puppyslush

With Zybez closing, we will be the only active community site standing. With the main tournament about to end and the next season starting not long after, we anticipate a larger participation of the main community on this site, however, Sharkbrew will not forget our roots starting from a pure community site. We pledge to unreservedly support all aspects of pure clanning and host events for willing pure clans.

Do expect the return of the following:

• COTM(For mains & Pures)
  • Increased COTM prize money(thanks to our new sponsors), 30m/pmonth
  • More robust ruleset to deal with cancer of the community(which will be discussed with clan leaders)
    • Doxing
    • Fake wins
  • Introduction of betting for community events
  • Continuous Seasonal tournaments for Pures & Mains
  • Implementation of strategies to boost clan wars activities for main clans
  • Possible name change of the main community(?)

The outcome will be determined by clans who partake in the discussion, if you wish to be involved in the decision making process, make an application here: https://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/ambassador.html/&do=form&d=5

We are also doing snap promotions and I am calling out for any member or rank from clans who wish to represent their clans' interests on Sharkbrew, please make an applicartion here: https://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/application/form/3-apply-to-become-a-sharkbrew-rank/

Considering what sharkbrew is and what it currently allows from members and mods, there is a lot of progress to get anywhere near to a positive standard. I doubt anyone from zybez would want to deal with the average user of this site

4 hours ago, Murd said:

Considering what sharkbrew is and what it currently allows from members and mods, there is a lot of progress to get anywhere near to a positive standard. I doubt anyone from zybez would want to deal with the average user of this site

That's funny because there's already a few of us here, and we have a gameplan in the works for setting new community standards that will be more accessible for people new to the PvP scene which is imperative for any potential growth for the community.

Zybez had a good run, but with their dwindling activity this was bound to happen. Hopefully there is potential for a stronger overencompassing community that isn't centered on win topics, but instead promotes healthy competition.

41 minutes ago, Eevee said:

That's funny because there's already a few of us here, and we have a gameplan in the works for setting new community standards that will be more accessible for people new to the PvP scene which is imperative for any potential growth for the community.

Zybez had a good run, but with their dwindling activity this was bound to happen. Hopefully there is potential for a stronger overencompassing community that isn't centered on win topics, but instead promotes healthy competition.

Hopefully the community standards you bring will be impartial and revoke the previous/current leaning of the website towards particular clans and representatives. It's a big mission and there has been little effort to actually make it a reality which has been rather sad because Sharkbrew has had a large amount of potential for years.

A good start would probably be to target the racism, irl-related attacks, and so on that are allowed to some but restricted to others with a blanket moderating scheme regardless of clanning backgrounds.

38 minutes ago, Murd said:

Hopefully the community standards you bring will be impartial and revoke the previous/current leaning of the website towards particular clans and representatives. It's a big mission and there has been little effort to actually make it a reality which has been rather sad because Sharkbrew has had a large amount of potential for years.

A good start would probably be to target the racism, irl-related attacks, and so on that are allowed to some but restricted to others with a blanket moderating scheme regardless of clanning backgrounds.

That's the idea, actually. That pretty much goes hand in hand with my previous statement, and although some of the new promotions have representatives from other main clans, I personally am retired and have no ties to any particular group currently (although I am on good terms with the majority of my scene). I also have zero ties to any variation on the pure scene, as do most of the other newly appointed gatekeepers. Everyone who is being selected is being picked through with a fine tooth comb; and additional policies moving forward will be put into effect to thin the toxicity within the community to encourage growth and interest from the outside looking in.