Florida Mass Shooting & Gun Control

puppyslush

2 hours ago, Break said:

I think the problem is mental health, not the weapons. Easier to go for weapons than helping an individuals mental health, i guess... 

I agree with this. People blame guns too quickly and don't look at the shooter.

another dumbass topic lol if you think gun laws are going to stop people from killing youre a fucking idiot. you think its hard to get an illegal gun? you think even with 0 guns people still cant kill with 1000000 other weapons/methods? l0l

I doubt things like this won't really stop anytime soon, more often then not if you look at the background of the shooters who do this stuff (and most people who commit violent offences), it generally links back to some form of mental health issue which originates from some form of abuse or shitty environment when they were growing up. Mental health services should be more prominent with the amount of messed up people, I don't know fully the laws in the US regarding gun sales to people with mental health issues but if that's not prohibited, it should be. 

Simply put, prohibition won't stop it completely (nothing will stop it 100%) but you will most certainly see a decrease in the numbers of shootings.

Switzerland has more guns than citizens, they don't seem to have this issue. America has too many guns in circulation, unlike in Australia where a buy-back scheme worked in America because of the 2nd Amendment people will not be willing to give up their guns and it would be impractical to seize them.

It's a mental health issue, not a gun issue init - guns are symptoms, not the problem. It'll be just as easy for a would-be school shooter to access guns after any sort of ban as it is now due to the sheer volume

Fuck me so many stupid comments.

Yeah sure mental health plays a part but ACCESS is a bigger part, and you can say that if someone wants to kill people they will, however, having a gun handy makes it much easier for someone who has mental health issues to go and shoot up up a place. If the guy didn’t have access to a gun at home, two people might not be dead now and Americans don’t seem to realise that.

When a white person commits a crime look at how in-depth we try to break it down to understand the offender. If this was a black kid everyone would just call him a degenerate thug and move on with their lives. If it was a mexican kid people would be screaming about immigration problems. 

So tired of the argument that if the person wants to kill someone they will find other means to do it. THATS BULLSHIT. These things happen impulsively, without EASY access to weapons some of these shootings may not have happened at all. Not to mention how easy guns make killing... If you had to strangle, or stab, or learn how to make a fucking bomb, you might be less inclined to kill people. Shooting someone has got to be one of the most disconnected ways to murder, so im sure that plays a big part in the decision as well. 

Also @Rams you're absolutely wrong. Finding guns through illegal means is NOT and will NEVER BE as easy as purchasing them legally. That's a quip that i have no idea why exists. 

Look at it this way, weed has been made legal in states here in the US. This has now made it very easy to purchase marijuana. The old method was hitting up the various dealers you have in your phone, driving out to meet them often times waiting long periods of time, sometimes everyone is out of supply, sometimes you have to travel a far distance to make the purchase as growers are usually out of the metro, sometimes the quality is sub-standard. You see how all of these can be deterrents to you purchasing your marijuana? Even though there is a huge black market industry, it does NOT mean easy access.

Now try and imagine some difficulties you would face trying to find access to a good black market gun supplier. 

On 27-8-2018 at 6:29 PM, Brandon said:

If people are going to kill others it's going to happen with or without guns. People will use trucks, create bombs, or anything else what we need to do is provide more security in areas more likely to be targeted. Guns don't kill people, people kill people that is all.

in the Netherlands they drive a truck intro a crowd or building barely killing any people lmao

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can only have gun control, and a functioning society if your race's average IQ is >100 which leads to far less crime. If you try to take away guns from a country of ~105 IQ people, living among 13% at ~70IQ, all you end up with is the ~105 populace being murdered and raped with no way to defend themselves. Notice how gun control works in Japan? Notice what's different there?  In the United States 50% of all murders (and 50% of all violent crimes) are committed by one race that makes up 13% of the population. The problem isn't the guns. In face there's plenty of countries with legal guns and low crime rate, however they are overwhelming 95%+ White or Asian. Not trying to be racist, just need to start looking at the reality of things, I wish it wasn't like this, but it is. 

table_43.png

This is the FBI's yearly racial crime statistics for 2017. Blacks are 13% of the US population. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

Also when looking at the white crime statistics, "White" was changed to include all South Americans (A Race with crime rates similar to blacks) and Arabs under Obama. The white figure is realistically FAR lower.

shrug.png

• 7 months later...