Is Sharkbrew good or bad for the community?

Yaz

11 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

it is not the websites responsibility to ensure that you know how to behave like a decent human being on the internet. 

Although I agree with that, the other side of the coin is that just because there's a lack of decency and an excess of toxicity among the pure community shouldn't mean that the website allows itself to remain a platform to spread that further. Now that more main communities are around, the loss of activity through removing/stopping the idiotic toxicity would be more than compensated for.

35 minutes ago, Colin said:

Maybe our shitty attitudes will change if we're all still playing at 30 years old lmao

admittedly i was in for a bit of a surprise when I started clanning 3 years ago to discover that I was still among the higher bracket age wise for the active pure community. 

it's no stretch of my imagination to believe that 3 years later having dealt with my myriad of past and ongoing problems that anyone in clanning is not so different that there are unresolvable differences. we are almost all kids. many of us are learning how to initially deal with life on our own or out of our immediate family observation which has guided many for so long. early 20's is not fun. it's an awkward growing experience and lashing out at ideas and names across the internet is easy to do when they are an escape from whatever is going on beyond the screen. 

growing pains. perhaps more decent people should be in charge. or rather the realization that our tiny community has not grown in the span of 12k concurrent players vs the near 90k concurrent now. we could do better. 

Idk I enjoy it. I think it adds another dimension to the pure clanning world.

I CBF checking in on the multiple different clans forums daily to keep up with gossip.

Regarding the toxicity - I consider the majority of it all to be competitive banter.. but I guess I don't take the game/clan community or myself particularly seriously (there are exceptions to this ... And some people do take it too far)

37 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

growing pains. perhaps more decent people should be in charge. or rather the realization that our tiny community has not grown in the span of 12k concurrent players vs the near 90k concurrent now. we could do better. 

Now that really is a depressing fact, the ever increasing player base has not provided any increases into the pure community player base

4 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

admittedly i was in for a bit of a surprise when I started clanning 3 years ago to discover that I was still among the higher bracket age wise for the active pure community. 

it's no stretch of my imagination to believe that 3 years later having dealt with my myriad of past and ongoing problems that anyone in clanning is not so different that there are unresolvable differences. we are almost all kids. many of us are learning how to initially deal with life on our own or out of our immediate family observation which has guided many for so long. early 20's is not fun. it's an awkward growing experience and lashing out at ideas and names across the internet is easy to do when they are an escape from whatever is going on beyond the screen. 

This hits me right in the feels thanks a lot dude

3 hours ago, Murd said:

Now that really is a depressing fact, the ever increasing player base has not provided any increases into the pure community player base

Initially when f2p was released it helped years back. Now it seems very stagnant. At one point it was only FI, EOP, CP, and CT after MM closed if I remember correctly. 

7 hours ago, roflcats said:

it's not the site

it's the fact that there's realistically only one or two clans in all of 2018 who have NEVER starved any clan for a prep (imagine being excited about a measly 3 preps a month because your ranks are trying to starve your rivals lol)

Even the top two matched p2p are taking turns avoiding each other lmao

only in ir do they have 15 people posting on a sharkbrew topic saying that sharkbrew is dead (most with 500+ post count LMFAO)

You got weird ass kids like this mentioning the clan they hate in multiple posts on every thread instead of providing actual feedback. Cut down the opportunity for propaganda and more constructive posts will occur. In all honesty, Discord is the future for clanning. I have not been back to Sharkbrew discord since I saw how toxic it was but that is easily improved by moderation.

20 minutes ago, Colin said:

Initially when f2p was released it helped years back. Now it seems very stagnant. At one point it was only FI, EOP, CP, and CT after MM closed if I remember correctly. 

The 3 clan HPC era of 2014 was pretty scary before we merged scenes with zu/sup etc

On 10/3/2018 at 1:01 AM, Murd said:

Although I agree with that, the other side of the coin is that just because there's a lack of decency and an excess of toxicity among the pure community shouldn't mean that the website allows itself to remain a platform to spread that further. Now that more main communities are around, the loss of activity through removing/stopping the idiotic toxicity would be more than compensated for.

I'd love to see this. I'd love to see clans being chucked from the community wholesale and be re-energised with people who are willing to work for the common benefit of the scene. 

As an aside, I'd also love to see something similar to the RAW ranking list for F2P and P2P. I think it would go a small way to boost activity and stop toxic shit posting by solidifying rankings. That means if someone thinks their clan is #1, they declare, rather than being toxic and smearing their shit all over the walls.