Why doesn’t your clan post on sharkbrew forums?

HAHLEL

I’ve noticed some clans don’t post on these forums like in the past. I was wondering why? 

Its not hard to copy and paste a topic from your forums to these, and gain a few members, clan acknowledgement, and let bystanders judge who won the fight between you and your rival that day. 

When sharkbrew was active you could see what everyone pulled etc etc, without hopping from website to website. 

in late 2015-mid 2016 no amount of moderation could prevent the amount of people who wanted to act retarded from doing so. turned a lot of people off of wanting to have any kind of discussion when the thread audience were people who had no intent of conversing with you. 

while the spamming has died down, the intent to discuss has not returned. leaderships without respect for other leaderships will continue to foster this toxic indifference. 

2 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

in late 2015-mid 2016 no amount of moderation could prevent the amount of people who wanted to act retarded from doing so. turned a lot of people off of wanting to have any kind of discussion when the thread audience were people who had no intent of conversing with you. 

while the spamming has died down, the intent to discuss has not returned. leaderships without respect for other leaderships will continue to foster this toxic indifference. 

This is true. You also have clans like IR who think this topic is about them, but I don’t wanna see their 4 day late aftermath topics lmao 

it was just easier on myself as a person to see all the clans topics in one place. 

58 minutes ago, HAHLEL said:

This is true. You also have clans like IR who think this topic is about them, but I don’t wanna see their 4 day late aftermath topics lmao 

it was just easier on myself as a person to see all the clans topics in one place. 

I rather see aftermaths being posted late than never :P 

But yeah I think some people can't take some banter (read: 'not flaming') or might just be a little lazy and don't see the benefits from Sharkbrew or... We hope to change that in the near future tho :)

Probably because if you're from certain clans your posting is generally moderated much heavier than others and your freedom to post is restricted. And then you can't have a proper discussion about clanning because someone from a favoured clan is allowed to block discussion through the use of overzealous slander and will face no repercussion. I think when the hypocritical nature of moderating comes in, nobody ends up caring (prime example is despite not being allowed, people saying someone's mum has cancer freely, but then people getting banned for calling someone a negligent dad)

Short answer, no incentive to post efficiently and constructively and the treatment of people from clans the staff do not like is sub-par at best.

14 minutes ago, Murd said:

Probably because if you're from certain clans your posting is generally moderated much heavier than others and your freedom to post is restricted. And then you can't have a proper discussion about clanning because someone from a favoured clan is allowed to block discussion through the use of overzealous slander and will face no repercussion. I think when the hypocritical nature of moderating comes in, nobody ends up caring (prime example is despite not being allowed, people saying someone's mum has cancer freely, but then people getting banned for calling someone a negligent dad)

Short answer, no incentive to post efficiently and constructively and the treatment of people from clans the staff do not like is sub-par at best.

@slushpuppytook my king pin and ambass on forums so eop not gonna post atm

also if murd dont fw u i dnt

1 hour ago, Tyendinaga said:

e.g. me

40 minutes ago, Murd said:

Generally agree, this is why my clan stopped posting, what can be done about it tho? What if we assigned moderators certain sections to moderate? Maybe a few mature main moderators moderate pure forums vice versa. 

I feel pretty strongly that Sharkbrew allows certain issues to fester and takes no action to curb or moderate terrible behaviour by clans inside the game in relation to wilderness trips and certain behaviour outside of the game. Some measures have been taken in the past but not measures that have been considered strong enough. I know some clans decided to stop posting aftermaths as a protest to this, considering the activity that aftermaths generate. I'm all for banter and competition but there's levels of scumbaggery that should disqualify clans from participating in pure events, which should be enforced by SB and the larger community. Luckily the kind of behaviour I'm talking about seems to have died down quite a bit, but things like bringing mains to pure events and doxxing shouldn't ever be a part of the community. Mains shouldn't even be used in retaliation, but some clans have had to use that measure as a response to SB not enforcing stronger measures. I guess as highlighted above that stems from bias in the mod team. 

People are just pricks and an internet forum designed for convo about clans is guaranteed to turn toxic sooner or later.

Back in the day there was alot more active discussion and people werent so biased. You could be loyal to ur clan but honest about their shortcomings.

The staff couldn’t be bothered to run WCOTM anymore, therefore i have no incentive to post juicy midweeks unless they strictly involve other clans, bringing back Wilderness Clan Of The Month would definitely increase the amount of aftermaths posted, even if people say they don’t care about the award, I’m sure if they’re in the running they will want to win. 

4 hours ago, Fantas said:

I feel pretty strongly that Sharkbrew allows certain issues to fester and takes no action to curb or moderate terrible behaviour by clans inside the game in relation to wilderness trips and certain behaviour outside of the game. Some measures have been taken in the past but not measures that have been considered strong enough. I know some clans decided to stop posting aftermaths as a protest to this, considering the activity that aftermaths generate. I'm all for banter and competition but there's levels of scumbaggery that should disqualify clans from participating in pure events, which should be enforced by SB and the larger community. Luckily the kind of behaviour I'm talking about seems to have died down quite a bit, but things like bringing mains to pure events and doxxing shouldn't ever be a part of the community. Mains shouldn't even be used in retaliation, but some clans have had to use that measure as a response to SB not enforcing stronger measures. I guess as highlighted above that stems from bias in the mod team. 

Truthfully we had a number of systems aimed at discouraging or punishing clans for bringing mains, such as giving them point penalties for WCOTM/COTM and so on. Those systems were not perfect. Unfortunately the clanning community was not acquiescent to us "policing" the community. Furthermore, attempts by clan leaderships to solve such issues by themselves were routinely sabotaged by other clans with political agendas

10 hours ago, HAHLEL said:

who reads clan aftermath topics if ur not in the clan or didnt fight one of the clans u fucking weirdo

10 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

Were you even clanning is 2015? Seems to far back for you and your clanning timeline.

11 hours ago, Tyendinaga said:

wrong that was the only reason this website was popular, and also the usability was alot better on the previous boards. 

17 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Truthfully we had a number of systems aimed at discouraging or punishing clans for bringing mains, such as giving them point penalties for WCOTM/COTM and so on. Those systems were not perfect. Unfortunately the clanning community was not acquiescent to us "policing" the community. Furthermore, attempts by clan leaderships to solve such issues by themselves were routinely sabotaged by other clans with political agendas

Hey man I appreciate the honesty in dealing with this. Personally I would have been in favour of wholesale chucking people from the community but I understand the reasoning. 

On 4-10-2018 at 8:40 PM, HAHLEL said:

Its not hard to copy and paste a topic from your forums to these, and gain a few members, clan acknowledgement, and let bystanders judge who won the fight between you and your rival that day. 

If only you actually gained members by having a precense on this site posting topics would be worth the effort, rest is neclegable/holds no value whatsoever.

in many ways not using sb is actually beneficial, you can create a clan that breaks the mold of being reliant on something they have no control over, or in some cases actively works against them in regards to the bias moderating here.