Sign in to follow this  
MeloChromilian

Roll it up tight

With the slow steady activity in the rev caves we can all rejoice for a bit, but how long do you think this will last?!

Jagex has a history of updating shit and letting it die off years later. Our last wildy rejuvenation was in 14' of March! For fucks sakes remember these

Resource area - was big when it was released but lets get real, you can get a majority of that shit elsewhere

Wildy god wars dungeon - really, a fucking gwd in the wildy where instead of 40 kc, you need to collect a key that has a 1/60 drop rate AND youre only allowed 3 max. Foh

3 wildy bosses - legit risking for 6.8mil in terms of reward if you get lucky. Not good enough

Fountain of rune - ngl good attempt, free spells basically with 0 xp and you can enchant dstone i believe. Good idea sadly imo, feel that bitch is way far off. Put that shit by gdz. 

Ay but for all the hardcore scapers out there dont forget, wildy achievement diaries where you get a cool looking wildy sword with addy stats and some okish perks.

Honestly if things are gonna get better we gotta reward the entertainers right? All these clans fighting put on a show for us, weather they want to or not. They create the show for us. Clans who play and pk for fun, still are giving us, the community, entertainment. Its only fair they get rewarded for it.

Now personally, i dont see jagex doing shit for clans after that mod jed shit. I feel the clan community is under fire cause of one dumbass. The actions of that man, simply jeopardizes the rest. It has created a stain on the community. But all can be resolved. Thats for another topic.

To every clan fighting out there for fun. Keep doing it. Play the game like youve always remembered to play it. I do hope there are interesting updates for runescapes wild. Something to benefit the clans, create more ways for clans to form and pk. I don't see it happening though. 

Question to the people

If jagex doesnt revamp the wild to get more people stepping in i.e creating more bosses, interesting npcs, quests, minigames, resource areas etc then how will clans get the daily dose of pking?

We know rev caves is a temp spot, we need more of this everywhere. Give us hot spots in the wild that go uncontested with other parts of gielinor example, better xp rates, better money making etc etc. Give me an answer below

Give a big shout out to wee man for this. He has his topic on runescape community forums, bit of credit goes to him for me thinking about it and asking it here.

1 hour ago, Kanicus said:

It’s a good thing we have that Misfits clan then, they always keep the wild active. 

5 man pk trips and one mandatory sunday where u pull -30 isn't keeping it active

Why would revs not last? They're always going to be good money. And with more and more Craw's Bows Vig Maces coming into the game, they'll get cheaper and cheaper for regular players to eventually buy them, making revs even more profitable (for both PvMers and PKers). 

I doubt we'll see any PvP updates anytime soon, but I could see something by mid-2019. Hopefully anyway. 

Still won't change the fact that there are like 5 main clans left that all crash each other and flame each other to no end. No wilderness update will change the dying toxic excuse of what we call a main community in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Stl Arrow said:

Still won't change the fact that there are like 5 main clans left that all crash each other and flame each other to no end. No wilderness update will change the dying toxic excuse of what we call a main community in my opinion.

So who sucks more you or lovelost

6 hours ago, puppyslush said:

rev isn't a good wilderness update. it just forces everyone into 1 area allowing clans to control the area and making everyone else cannon fodder.

This. Revs kinda suck. Ye sure you'll probably find some shitty 4 man team there at every time of the day, but they made the rest of the wild pretty fkn dead for the most part.

in short; they should make it way more rewarding when you either pvp/pvm in the wilderness as soon as you step in. The deeper you go the more rewarding it should be (and the more risk there is).

7 hours ago, puppyslush said:

rev isn't a good wilderness update. it just forces everyone into 1 area allowing clans to control the area and making everyone else cannon fodder.

7 hours ago, Opticals said:

yer revs kinda suck i miss pkri's at sperm 26 hills/spider ca etc 

this

Revs is the best thing to happen to this era. People who say fuck it are the same people who pull 10 people to revs trip and hide behind a perceived clan wars victory - pull that same 30+ to revs if you're about it (they aren't)

9 hours ago, IMK said:

Why would revs not last? They're always going to be good money. And with more and more Craw's Bows Vig Maces coming into the game, they'll get cheaper and cheaper for regular players to eventually buy them, making revs even more profitable (for both PvMers and PKers). 

I doubt we'll see any PvP updates anytime soon, but I could see something by mid-2019. Hopefully anyway. 

I say it wont last because it will get old. Also pointing out what STL arrow said, The toxicity between 4-5 clans isn't helping. The rivalry is full on pointless, though a bit entertaining at first glance, it's really repetitive and old. Especially since they are fighting for nothing. 

Rev Caves is a good update and it has brought activity in the wildy, but it will get old and will be passed over. I say that, because it happens over time. Something else will come out (Hopefully in the wildy and not in a non pking zone) and that will be the hotspot. 

Rev's is decisively better than previous PvP updates for the following reasons:

- It has a very linear reward progression : Kill revs receive strong loot - kill the pvmers with said loot and you receive aforementioned loot 

- its multi with tangible level comparisons : the way it is set up level 70's can attack higher up level 90's meaning there are actual tier lists of pkers - pures generally in the 60's-70's - Meds from 80's-110's and of course mains

-it forces clans to pk re actively as opposed to a preconditioned advantage/disadvantage increasing the amount of situational tactics and strategies that forces clans to think quickly - and highlight callers --

-it rewards individual player skill - such as a need for tbers and freezers and damage output

----------------------------------

I think a lot of the SB clans are 1 trick ponies and focus all their energy into preset scheduled days for action (sat/sun) or clan war victories (they dont want to change it up even after 4+ years). Ultimately the big clans choose not to participate at revs because of fear of tarnishing their clan's reputation but the reality is they cannot fully compete with rev clans such as DC,Rev warriors, or any of the active rev clans -- so they evade those potential losses by disregarding revs and doing the same thing they've been doing for the past years.

6 hours ago, SwitchBlade said:

Revs is the best thing to happen to this era. People who say fuck it are the same people who pull 10 people to revs trip and hide behind a perceived clan wars victory - pull that same 30+ to revs if you're about it (they aren't)

Can you fuck up newbie, you just harp on about revs being the best thing since sliced bread and talk shit about pure clans on here lmfao

Revs is for random masser ccs mixed with pures & mains,  it's for casuals who like to pk to make gp. No revs team would EVER beat a Sharkbrew pure clan matched opts. in clw btw

Also you seem to forget a lot of the pure clans have older member-bases, I don't want to pk and play Runescape everyday, a few hours of pre-set action a week and it's allgood. Sure if you just want to play & play & pk revs is ideal for ya hahah