TOP PURE CLANS OF ALL TIME

Logical

1 hour ago, JoJo said:

I'd like to hear your argument as to why the "quality and competition" was better in pre-eoc when everyone was 14 years old and literally did not know how to even call scim pushes back then lol.

I guess it's down to opinion but the reason why I believe that's the case, is that those pre-eoc needed to adapt to a number of updates that completely changed the game/clanning landscape (dung, summoning, turmoil, clan capes, kdr trackers) and this created new challenges that they needed to overcome. This hasn't necessarily been the case in OSRS where Jagex refrain from these drastic updates to keep things consistent, so although new guys in the community may be better at what they do now - they haven't had to drastically mix things up or adapt to change.

ie. People knew how to call scim pushes back them but had to pick their moments. They didn't have the stats that people had nowadays, so had to rely on holding territory and picking people off to gain a numerical advantage to actually find the chance to push. This did change when bots became widely available and almost everyone had maxed pures - Jagex also introduced corrupt weapons into F2P which meant that melee was even more useful against 20/30 defence armours and that's when clans started to push more. However, from what I've seen clanning strategy in the last 5 years or so, hasn't changed too much (especially in f2p), people have only really hidden behind return spots when things aren't going their way, rather than mixing strategies up. Let me know if you think different.

It's no surprise that even in the 'legacy' clans today, people will always highlight their best leaders as those from pre-eoc (Walli/Goop/Solo/Drunk - let alone Speshls/13th). However, that isn't to say that good leaders haven't had to do the same in OSRS (just those recognised in OSRS probably played pre-eoc too, example Adhi, I guess you could now put Titans/Zo on that list if needed).

10 hours ago, JoJo said:

I'd like to hear your argument as to why the "quality and competition" was better in pre-eoc when everyone was 14 years old and literally did not know how to even call scim pushes back then lol.

exactly lmao, niggas were braindead back then and just trash in general

9 hours ago, Ben said:

I guess it's down to opinion but the reason why I believe that's the case, is that those pre-eoc needed to adapt to a number of updates that completely changed the game/clanning landscape (dung, summoning, turmoil, clan capes, kdr trackers) and this created new challenges that they needed to overcome. This hasn't necessarily been the case in OSRS where Jagex refrain from these drastic updates to keep things consistent, so although new guys in the community may be better at what they do now - they haven't had to drastically mix things up or adapt to change.

ie. People knew how to call scim pushes back them but had to pick their moments. They didn't have the stats that people had nowadays, so had to rely on holding territory and picking people off to gain a numerical advantage to actually find the chance to push. This did change when bots became widely available and almost everyone had maxed pures - Jagex also introduced corrupt weapons into F2P which meant that melee was even more useful against 20/30 defence armours and that's when clans started to push more. However, from what I've seen clanning strategy in the last 5 years or so, hasn't changed too much (especially in f2p), people have only really hidden behind return spots when things aren't going their way, rather than mixing strategies up. Let me know if you think different.

It's no surprise that even in the 'legacy' clans today, people will always highlight their best leaders as those from pre-eoc (Walli/Goop/Solo/Drunk - let alone Speshls/13th). However, that isn't to say that good leaders haven't had to do the same in OSRS (just those recognised in OSRS probably played pre-eoc too, example Adhi, I guess you could now put Titans/Zo on that list if needed).

ppl were so trash back then niga just go watch the vids and compare it to today's vids

Clan rankings don't matter beyond nostalgia. MM + FOE will always stay at the top with EOP/FI >> TLP as closest.

But people can't deny it's much harder now to be the #1 clan as meta will always spread and become more widespread. Clan wars now is a much higher peak than what strategies were back then...since weekends are massive clusters with no clean 1v1 clan fights.