Pure Community in-game suggestions

puppyslush

Earlier this month, Sharkbrew rank team met up with Jagex moderator Maz.

In that meeting we learnt about the various problems surrounding suggestions being submitted to Jagex, and the current developer bottlenecks they are facing, especially with regards to OSRS mobile. One of the key issues raised was the lack of system or centralization with regards to Clanning suggestions. Ideas are thrown all over the place, and there is no clear indication whether the community wants that suggestion. Conversely, upvoted suggestions on reddit 2007scape shows a clear demand- something we do not have.

What was requested of us is to come up with a unified council or committee to pick the best suggestions, flesh out that suggestion completely, and push said suggestions until they are implemented in game.

Furthermore, the clanning community is getting smaller over time while the runescape population has grown. Additionally, there has been updates that has significantly hurt us. So now or never, we have to band together for this one time or we will see the end of our scene as we know it.

Thus, we shall propose 2 suggestions, one for the main scene, and the other for the pure scene, so this topic is to help determine suggestions the community wants the most, and the sharkbrew rank team will push for it.

To summarise;

I will need all of you to put on your thinking caps and reply to this topic

Disclaimer; Updates involving engine work are out of the question.

What is the biggest problem facing the pure community at the moment?

(ans)

What suggestion do you have that could fix this said problem?

(ans)

How should the unified council or committee decide on which suggestion to push for?

(ans)

@Member

@Veteran

@84183579e659bc134959ef9d316b48bb.gifKingpin

mains

anti main clans?

How should the unified council or committee decide on which suggestion to push for?

sure idk

We need a very clear clanning system in game. Currently its getting more difficult to bring new blood into both the main and pure scenes.

I suggest bringing something back like the citadel system in rs3. But no citadel. Bring back like banners. Also make like some kind of boards in edgeville or varrock that will let you search for certain types of clans. 

We need to push for new blood. Push for a clanning system

Speaking for the f2p scene - the 150 skill total for the clan chats.

Put a option the clan chat to turn off the 150 skill total to enter the cc.

I have no idea.

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Speaking for the f2p scene - the 150 skill total for the clan chats.

Put a option the clan chat to turn off the 150 skill total to enter the cc.

I have no idea.

I actually pushed that forward to mod ash a while back, but I wasn't ready to put in 100% to back the idea as I wondered whether if there are more ideas from the community they would like:

9 minutes ago, Red Vision said:

We need a very clear clanning system in game. Currently its getting more difficult to bring new blood into both the main and pure scenes.

I suggest bringing something back like the citadel system in rs3. But no citadel. Bring back like banners. Also make like some kind of boards in edgeville or varrock that will let you search for certain types of clans. 

Unfortunately that is an engine update, and from my understanding, the earliest we can see a clanning system would be in late 2019. Do you have any smaller suggestions that could mitigate some of the biggest issues?

19 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

(ans)

(ans)

(ans)

15/20% of the community can choose to not abide by the loosely agreed rules and force other players who are otherwise unwilling to comply to play along.

our current clw rules loosely dictate 1 def gear, but cannot enforce further. nothing stops a 20/30 def player from participating. 

for preps and other organized events taking place in clw, the portal could bar players with certain stats from entering other than spectating(ex: def level over 7 barred). other small features such as leaving cc counting as a kill for other team should also be considered.

mains and toxicity

DEFENCE CAPPED WORLDS. The only thing RSPS has a 1 up over jagex for

(ans)

1 hour ago, Red Vision said:

Mains have been ruining the scene since the 30 def HPC scene

1-20  defense WILDERNESS worlds should be the top priority for the pure community.  Two for p2p, two for f2p. It would finally quash mains, and we would see more progression in the scene. Currently nobody gives a shit and bring a fuck ton of mains every trip. 

This I'm not sure of. 

Lack of attention, the fact that 750 or so pures fight weekly is unknown to the masses and most players dont know people actually use clan wars for clan battles. Id also like to see leaving the cc in a round counts as a death in first to # battles

An actual clan system probs requires engine work? would be nice to have one which would allow things like kdr for pkri events or a win/loss ratio or even an rankboard for clan wars based events.

They could highlight some events or perhaps do another J-cup but this time a little more hype maybe mention the winners on the official youtube channel so that the scene gets some new blood in, people love competitive events and all.

Sacrifice the blood of your first child and have the Oracle decide what the future must hold.

(ans)Need newer f2p items to pk with and also 1-20 defence levels also add new places to fight in clan wars for p2p add a defence cap at clan wars maybe even add the red portal like  in pre-eoc for people to fight and risk it at clan wars 

(ans)Add new gear in the game for f2p and add more stuff also add a 1-120 f2p and p2p worlds and add more new places to fight in clan wars for p2p or f2p 

also could add 1-20 defence worlds for pures for f2p and one for p2p and add a defene cap at clan wars and add in a red portal at clan wars for people to risk and fight in clan wars like it was in pre-eoc

(ans)I think you should decide for most suggestions tbh

not enough inspiration to commit to clan schedules/ would rather skill/ make money pvming on the side with the growing amount of players joining

I would suggest holding events every season/8 weeks with a 5B prize pool for the winning clan. There could be 2 winning clans. 1 strictly for 1-20 def pures and the other strictly for main clans. This would also hold as somewhat of a prestigious title as well and motivate more players to create their own clan. I would say a huge factor would be keeping it 50v50 or 75v75 as most clans won't be able to pull 100 and would gather high-end mercenaries to aid them. Regardless, I would say it would be best to place the 80/100M in each winning players account to minimize drama between clan mates/new clans.

I would say make a poll. It would give pure clanning/ clanning in general more of an E-Sports feel as now the rewards are visible and obtainable. Fortnite is doing this too, and let's be honest, money talks. With all the fluctuation and upcoming number of players, if they can add an extra 20k to dmm I'm pretty sure they can afford 5B every season. I also really like the 20- defence world

mains

pure worlds

Don't waste your time the real problem in pure clanning is the clans themselves, the scene will remain fucked until pure clans can stop for a second and think about what they want for the future of the scene and actively pursue it. If pures wanted to stop clans bringing mains they could, we have clans like foe who claim to be the most honorable clan in the game yet all they've been doing recently is defending the clan that consistently brings 2/3 of their opts as mains and boast there will be more next weekend.

The only real solution are alliances, sup and foe are clearly pushing for a less active wildy or just a rag fest filled with mains and to combat that other clans need to come together to stop it so clans dont have to retaliate with the same tactics they are using.

If pures are not willing to save their own scene then I hear runepures deal with mains much easier, or just move back to private servers where the owner will actually make updates for the scene

Funnily enough the major issue is the use of mains (rather than the common issue of doxing and ddossing one another)

In theory, pure worlds would work in stopping this issue. However what will most likely prevent that is that Jagex would have to implement worlds/areas that are restricted to 1 Defence which would refuse mains (21+ defence) entry and grant pures with full undisputed use of certain areas. This could be heavily abused and grant an unintended advantage to aspects of the game. Potentially rebutting that and making the only content available be PvP (no pvm/skilling/item gathering) would probably be too much engine work for them.

The more technical and advanced solution for the pure community (and probably jagex's preferred) would be for clans to unanimously agree to discard the use of mains as a tactic. One clan bringing mains tends to result in most clans bringing mains. Playing the blame game will (as history shows) not stop anything but will actually increase it. Clans supporting those that bring mains is just as bad for the community as it is for clans to bring mains. Clans putting ego and pride aside to communicate, although very rare, would be what stops this issue. Most clan representatives are too illiterate or have too much of an outburst when they don't agree with something or get offended to have strong communication with one another so again, this would be difficult to manage.

First of all if you have a unified council, it will have to have an equal amount of representatives from each clan and they would have to lack the typical aggro nature that most clan ranks have. Then, decisions would be decided through either a poll or a vote. Could do a majority rules threshold or 75% like jagex, either or.