Pure Community in-game suggestions

puppyslush

What is the biggest problem facing the pure community at the moment?

Defence (Mains) gear is too strong in f2p. Mage is too weak to counter

What suggestion do you have that could fix this said problem?

Buff f2p mage. Ideally, 1-20 defence worlds

How should the unified council or committee decide on which suggestion to push for?

I don't care how it's decided. Just push for fair game-play and clans will adapt.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, F3ar said:

(ans)Need newer f2p items to pk with and also 1-20 defence levels also add new places to fight in clan wars for p2p add a defence cap at clan wars maybe even add the red portal like  in pre-eoc for people to fight and risk it at clan wars 

(ans)Add new gear in the game for f2p and add more stuff also add a 1-120 f2p and p2p worlds and add more new places to fight in clan wars for p2p or f2p 

also could add 1-20 defence worlds for pures for f2p and one for p2p and add a defene cap at clan wars and add in a red portal at clan wars for people to risk and fight in clan wars like it was in pre-eoc

How should the unified council or committee decide on which suggestion to push for?

(ans)I think you should decide for most suggestions tbh

On 10/30/2018 at 7:01 AM, Red Vision said:

We need a very clear clanning system in game. Currently its getting more difficult to bring new blood into both the main and pure scenes.

I suggest bringing something back like the citadel system in rs3. But no citadel. Bring back like banners. Also make like some kind of boards in edgeville or varrock that will let you search for certain types of clans. 

We need to push for new blood. Push for a clanning system

AMazing idea. This pls.

Its pretty clear the main issue here is clans who can't pull as much as their rivals are getting slumped by glory hunters and as a result the leadership of that clan creates tanks to ruin at least 1/2 weekend trips to get "pay back". The only way to stop such a thing is to have portals that will allow only a certain def level to enter. I know this was talked about in the past but it has never left my mind and i do think that since we all love to flame eachother that most people will certainty flame the clans who don't enter the portals. Besides the fact, the age of clanning is growing year by year and we the advertisement jagex uses to get people to play is strictly based on pvming and DDM Content. That doesn't help clanning as a whole if not it introduces people to the main scene really. I mean the light is shined on main clanning alot and thats why you see alot more main clans then pure clans am right?. Regardless of the matter, the main focus jagex needs right now is to get the attention from the younger generation so that we don't see clanning become non-existent. Mobile was a great push so far. 

I pretty much said it, Portals with def caps. The Cap should depend on the combat range you're in. So. Anyone from 3-75 can go only into 1 Def max portals, and 76-100, is 20 def max. That'll create that LPC MPC scene once again and we will see more clans forsure my word. Its pretty much the same concept as Bounty hunter when they separated the caves by combat range. 

1 Clan rep from each clan. That way all the clans can have a meeting with their own clan and find a ultimate decision, almost like a majority vote. 

Instead of trying to get all the leaders into 1 discord, or 1 teamspeak, we all know what happens there. The Clan rep idea should have a section on this forums or runescape forums that we post what clan we're from and the ideas. That way it gives jagex a view , PS BRING BACK THE JAGEX CUP. 

I agree with Red Vision, we should bring back the banners and maybe those decorative capes like in rs3 to attract more people so that they can get into the concept of clanning. 

Also, I think that clan wars and fog should be moved back to the wilderness like it was in 2011 when clanning was at a peak. I believe that the "Safe Spots" in the wilderness is what attracted a lot of people into actually going into the wilderness. 

On October 30, 2018 at 10:29 PM, puppyslush said:

Because pure community doesn't really generate the level viewership as DMM

A pure clanwars event might not generate the amounts of viewerships as DMM, but i can guarantee you if they made seasonal clan wars pure events the numbers watching on twitch would generate at least in the 10s if not 20s of thousands. Only reason is because they haven't made any events that's as publicly broadcasted as DMM.

7 hours ago, BeBrilliant said:

Def XP

-XP lamps and deleting def as an attack option

Becouse I said so

??? You’ve been able to delete the defence attack bonus for atleast 2 years LMAO

On 10/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, puppyslush said:

I actually pushed that forward to mod ash a while back, but I wasn't ready to put in 100% to back the idea as I wondered whether if there are more ideas from the community they would like:

It needs to be changed to help the pure scene grow some more the xlpc that have opened in the few years have brought so many people into the clanning scene and now there is no low level pking in w308 since this update it kills the xlpc community.

Straight up 1-20 def wilderness, or something similar.

It's not necessary to dedicate a whole server to it, but maybe some sort of portal to a 1-20 def wildy, just like pservers do. They could block out the resources and other skilling activities you can do in the wild, and call it something like 'Low level pking arena' or 'arena of the defenceless'. 

How to push it? This has been asked for years and will not break the game in any way or form. To make it more fitting for the game some lore could be added to the portal.

And it would benefit content makers to make good pk content for youtube. 

Ps; where the fuck my retired rank go👀

6 hours ago, Brad said:

It needs to be changed to help the pure scene grow some more the xlpc that have opened in the few years have brought so many people into the clanning scene and now there is no low level pking in w308 since this update it kills the xlpc community.

I know, after pre-eoc, xLPC clanning was probably one of the most fun and least stressful form of clanning. I will be pushing 2 polls out on this weekend since we got enough feedback, but essentially the current cc("friends chat") is woefully outdated. They cannot implement a system to toggle cc limit because muh engine work, so my suggestion is either 50 levels in combat skills or maybe a right click button to ban users for a week. What do you think?

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Straight up 1-20 def wilderness, or something similar.

It's not necessary to dedicate a whole server to it, but maybe some sort of portal to a 1-20 def wildy, just like pservers do. They could block out the resources and other skilling activities you can do in the wild, and call it something like 'Low level pking arena' or 'arena of the defenceless'. 

How to push it? This has been asked for years and will not break the game in any way or form. To make it more fitting for the game some lore could be added to the portal.

And it would benefit content makers to make good pk content for youtube. 

Ps; where the fuck my retired rank go👀

Come on discord so we can verify u

2 hours ago, puppyslush said:

I know, after pre-eoc, xLPC clanning was probably one of the most fun and least stressful form of clanning. I will be pushing 2 polls out on this weekend since we got enough feedback, but essentially the current cc("friends chat") is woefully outdated. They cannot implement a system to toggle cc limit because muh engine work, so my suggestion is either 50 levels in combat skills or maybe a right click button to ban users for a week. What do you think?

Come on discord so we can verify u

I think maybe even 75 wouldnt be bad. The ban for a week button is good also.

Jagex doesn't pay attention to pures as it is/little to no updates/0 polls geared towards clanning

What we're doing now, however I feel like to get around something like this, we would need to propose main/pure neutral ideas that will work with the majority of the player base. Such as whoever mentioned the Citadel, it's beneficial to the clanning scene as a whole. 

Be very clear about what we want to push for, organize thoughts and keep in mind these updates cannot appeal to just one group of players.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:03 AM, Control_Pker said:

Its pretty clear the main issue here is clans who can't pull as much as their rivals are getting slumped by glory hunters and as a result the leadership of that clan creates tanks to ruin at least 1/2 weekend trips to get "pay back". The only way to stop such a thing is to have portals that will allow only a certain def level to enter. I know this was talked about in the past but it has never left my mind and i do think that since we all love to flame eachother that most people will certainty flame the clans who don't enter the portals. Besides the fact, the age of clanning is growing year by year and we the advertisement jagex uses to get people to play is strictly based on pvming and DDM Content. That doesn't help clanning as a whole if not it introduces people to the main scene really. I mean the light is shined on main clanning alot and thats why you see alot more main clans then pure clans am right?. Regardless of the matter, the main focus jagex needs right now is to get the attention from the younger generation so that we don't see clanning become non-existent. Mobile was a great push so far. 

I pretty much said it, Portals with def caps. The Cap should depend on the combat range you're in. So. Anyone from 3-75 can go only into 1 Def max portals, and 76-100, is 20 def max. That'll create that LPC MPC scene once again and we will see more clans forsure my word. Its pretty much the same concept as Bounty hunter when they separated the caves by combat range. 

1 Clan rep from each clan. That way all the clans can have a meeting with their own clan and find a ultimate decision, almost like a majority vote. 

Instead of trying to get all the leaders into 1 discord, or 1 teamspeak, we all know what happens there. The Clan rep idea should have a section on this forums or runescape forums that we post what clan we're from and the ideas. That way it gives jagex a view , PS BRING BACK THE JAGEX CUP. 

Everything you said here is spot on for sure @puppyslush Read this comment plz ^^

What is the biggest problem facing the pure community at the moment? Well if we ignore that the community won't vote anything related to pures into the game because of just prejudice, regardless of game balance, then that would have to be: 

There are two glaring issues. Mains are the obvious one, but they aren't the biggest issue. Even in pre eoc, we had clans pulling half mains but the scene was alive and healthy. 

The actual biggest issue is that every weekend trip is always a complete mess for numerous reasons. And because these trips mean nothing, the only reason to go to these trips is for the lulz which gets boring after awhile and most people cycle out. 

Reasons weekend trips are a complete mess: 

1) World trackers. World trackers single handedly kill any chance you ever have of a clean fight. Now that there are 30 f2p worlds, you could get a clean 1v1 fight if it wasn't for world trackers, minus spies. 

2) Teleporting. Being robbed of a kill is not fun. 

2) Throughout the years, Jagex have made returning even easier. 2004-2013, f2p fights were fuck as fuck. it wasn't just always mass return fights, that was for p2p. you would usually clear one team. that doesn't happen anymore because you can return in 30seconds. The removal of hop timer (34 seconds x2), more teleports, more bank options, spawning in edge, etc, have made returning way too fast. 

3) The meta is just fucking stale. There's been no progress since 2012. Well there was a regress in 2013-2016, but we aren't ahead of where we were in 2012. 

4) the mindset has shifted for the osrs community. It's about being efficient now. and sacrificing money every death to gain nothing is against that mentality. Many people make pures dreaming of hitting the big loot and becoming rich. Clan fights are the total opposite of that. 

Short term Solution is to make things fresh. The long term solution is to add QoL updates to clanning so clanning is more appealing. 

What comes to mind instantly: 

1. Make pking profitable for everyone. just like how skilling and pvm is profitable for everyone, regardless of how good you are. Things like loot keys (which auto go to your looting bag), spawning statues, unlocking more rewards in the bh shop or something like a bh shop could work

2. We need the fucking clan chat. Seriously, nothing makes people not want to play more than not having a feature you previously enjoyed. Clan chat is important for 2 reasons. It's a lot easier to manage, and the clan hiscores were huge for competition. K/d for fights was an amazing update. If it were to come again, i'd make it so you could see how many kills were gained by X player in Y hours and how many deaths too. 

3. Clan wars revamp. Switch up the meta, stick in overloads as an option. Clan wars was designed to one day have clan staking which is why we have that stupid delay on the 2nd screen. Add more options such as "no returning for 60/90/120/150/180seconds" so we can have return fights that end with a clan getting cleared. Add a dangerous option so we can pk a clan for their stuff and make loot just go to your bank. I'm from MM where we despised clan wars, and now I see the wilderness is just outdated. Crashing is still good fun but every single time it's just annoying. Add CC locks so more people can't join (so you could lock it to 40v40 of only the same 40 people). oddball and koth don't even function properly and it would take 5minutes to fix it (dropping oddball to your team / needing 51% more people to get hill time instead of simply having majority), not that I think they would ever be used, but more pvp options is never a bad thing. Add common gear cap rules for mains. A "pure only" world is good for community growth but it will only solve one problem and create another. IF pure clan A has 5 more than pure clan B with no mains, pure clan B simply won't enter that world. Clan wars revamp would solve the problem of world trackers for 1v1 fights, teleporting (as long as you can't leave CC), mains, and meta

4. Run another Clan cup. The clan cup is a staple of the clan world and Jagex has just been in hiding for the past 3 years. 

5. You can solve world trackers by just making worlds update population every 10minutes. 

6. The pure community could use more advertising. Jagex is hosting an all star event which features pures so hopefully people can see how fun pures can be. A 1 defence only DMM for 1 season I feel like would also help, assuming every clan here actually participates and tries to win. another cool update would be if you could spectate clan wars in any world. say foe vs eop is in w5, but you hit "scry" in world 69, you could see that foe vs eop was happening in w5 and hop there to watch

The only possible way would be for slush puppy to be the dictator. A council of clan reps would never work. Clans only look out for themselves. People who aren't in clans can be bribed. A Council where people can discuss ideas would be fine, but slush would have the final say or can be overruled with 85% in favor (I laughed typing something this serious).

P.s. pure worlds should be 1-9 defence. cleanse the cancer fully, not with a band aid. 

also this forum being the toxic hub that it is doesn't help our problems either. but then we'll have a purewarfare vs pure community situation as soon as a few clans don't like how the site's censored. 

if we push for clan chat, we can get it... 

edit: if you could just reset your stats at will at an npc in lumby, BOOM, growth fucking explodes. pking fucking explodes. just make it so the items/abilities requiring certain quests hard req the quest reward xp level to use. (so veng would require 40 def to use). also solves the problems of pures getting hacked for def, getting def from a bug, or just messing up. 

Pretty much what @Makers of Mayhem said.

I would also like to add to @slushpuppy, with the recent OSRS mobile boom and the closure of Zybez - Now's a great time for you to really clamp down, clean up the site a bit and KEEP putting forward your ideas.  Take things 1 step at a time i.e. 1-9 def worlds first, then cwa changes etc. 

So wait itsalmost the end of  2018 and you guys just now realizing the scene is dead and now you wanna fix it. The real problem is the clans themself they all wanna put the blaim on one clan about mains or breaking rules but turn around and do the same shit lol its a never ending cycle thats been going on for the past 5 years. I dont see shit changing tbh