Rhet

How does main clanning compare with pure clanning?

I am asking as an experienced pure clanner with 0 knowledge of the main clan scene. How does it compare in terms of activity, competitiveness, time requirements and overall experience ? Obviously this won't apply if you have no experience with pure clans as a comparison. Which main clans are considered top tier in this era? What are the typical requirements for joining 

Main callers are generally better than pure callers

pure warrers are better mechanically 

mains have more honor per say

pures have way higher opt fights 

mains fights can last days pures dont

mains generally are more welcoming to new guys in which pures think everyone's a spy or leak

takes a lot more work to lead a average pure clan then an average main clan.

pure fights are way more high opt.

pure warrers are generally better mechanically.

main clanning requires more time on your hands. 

mains more active in terms of midweek pking.

14 minutes ago, Moni said:

mains generally are more welcoming to new guys in which pures think everyone's a spy or leak

Have you even been in a main clan? lol

Main callers are terrible

Main Clans unless you have rep's think you're a spy

18 minutes ago, Moni said:

not even close.

can't really compare the 2 when your average main clan caller mostly just calls 25v25 fights at rev caves.

maybe the best main callers are better than the best pure callers but on average pure calling is definitely more advanced than mains.

15 minutes ago, Ramie said:

Have you even been in a main clan? lol

Main callers are terrible

Main Clans unless you have rep's think you're a spy

Going off my experience 

main callers are better in clan wars and they r always open to new guys

my experience (renegades,seals,adrenaline,sanity)

Well. The current main clans are as followed. Rot, fools, Revenant, Cutthroat, Sovereign, JaJa, Playdead, Brutal awakenings, Divine Kings, Violent resolution, Divine Forces, Renegades, Vanguard and I may missed a few.

The difference with a lot of these mains clans are they focus more on quality the quantity.  The first four clans I mentioned are currently the top pulling clans. With Mls around 100 men. The rest I cannot say. I see them out with around 20-30 daily.

Sv and jaja are in a crash war. 

Cutthroat and Rev are in a crash war, usually sv and jaja involve themselves.

Rot pretty much closed all their rivals except Df Vr and fools. However fools is the only clan that maintained its number in the crash war.

The rest kind of do their own thing.

I can literally spit out tons more information, just ask

I might even just make a topic about main clanning overall

1 hour ago, sm3lls said:

main clans are more about quality while pure clans are more about opts

^^ this smells guy has no quality 😂😂😂

Im 10-0 vs this guy

I've never pure clanned, but from a main perspective:

- Mains are far more active.

- There are more main clans than pure clans, but majority of them have sub 60 MLs, which isn't the case for pures.

- For most main clans, it would take you months of grinding to reach their requirements, whereas most pure clans you can meet in 2-3 weeks.

F2P main clanning was the best best from like 2008-to 2011. So many different roles you can play....

Meele/binder

blaster/binder

DPS with range/meele

fall in leader/caller

sniper to attack the other teams binders/blasters so they cant bind you and you can efficiently drag.

Wars would last a few hours and clans would know when to end and would not rag. 

2 hours ago, IMK said:

I've never pure clanned, but from a main perspective:

- Mains are far more active.

- There are more main clans than pure clans, but majority of them have sub 60 MLs, which isn't the case for pures.

- For most main clans, it would take you months of grinding to reach their requirements, whereas most pure clans you can meet in 2-3 weeks.

how so ? do you need a maxed main to join most of these clans? are thre noncombat or other misc requirements besides a 120+ account (which imo is less time consuming than maxing a pure)

25 minutes ago, Rhet said:

how so ? do you need a maxed main to join most of these clans? are thre noncombat or other misc requirements besides a 120+ account (which imo is less time consuming than maxing a pure)

You don't need a maxed pure to join most pure clans though. Whereas you do need a maxed main for most main clans. There's also a hefty monetary grind as well. Of course, someone could just buy gp and be fine, but not everyone does that. Meaning return sets which are far more expensive than pure sets, rigour & augury, high prayer, etc. Not to mention all the quests and the high incentive in most major clans to have at least 2k+ total. 

6 hours ago, Moni said:

Agree with every point here except the last one. Mains think everyones a spy or leak as well lmao. Also to add onto this list, mains don't have 1v1s anymore and CWA isn't a thing anymore. Every main fight happens in wildy, and the entire clan world is their crashing in some way shape or form. There are 5 tops relevant clans in the main scene & all they do is try to kill eachother rather then do what needs to be done to save the community.