[XLPC] Community suggestion response

puppyslush

FC == Clan chat in OSRS

slushpuppy: "Would this idea for the FC require engine work- make it an option where users in the cc cannot talk unless they are above 150 total levels OR been added by FC owner"

Mod Maz:

"Correct Slush. RS3 will also have to agree to it.
and we'd need a coordinated game update, like last time.

slushpuppy:

"May I ask though, if we have a smallish update, which is not as big as say clan system, that requires engine work, and we can demonstrably show the community support for it, should we discount that entirely"

"And to add onto that, I do believe for some of the updates, we can come up with value proposition that such a fix would drive up activity in certain areas of the game"

Mod Maz:

"unless there's a commercial reason that overrides mobile, i'd say don't rely on engine work."

So tl;dr, from the perspective of Jagex, the 150 total level work is "good enough". If we want to convince them to make the changes, we have to pull out all the stops in our marketing campaign to show that the xLPC community wants the idea. Can we do it? I don't know and it could be a risky first choice that could undermine this entire project from the start.

So if you are in an xLPC or planning to join one, I want specific ideas from you that would help the scene and I hope said updates will not require engine work.

** When replying to this topic, could you also review my suggestion below **

To fully revive w308 wilderness, we should have an npc that stands around varrock wildy. You can trade the NPC noted items, and subsequently withdraw unoted. This would make it easier for multi pkers to restock on food or gear for example

OR

Simply have a bank chest near varrock wildy

1 hour ago, Scim North said:

It's already revived... just fix clan chats/chest near v ditch and it'll be great.

So you would be in support of a bank chest/NPC to hold supplies near v ditch?

Also "fully revive", right now you got at most.. 30 people at the wildy ditch when you showed me that screenshot.

7 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

So you would be in support of a bank chest/NPC to hold supplies near v ditch?

Also "fully revive", right now you got at most.. 30 people at the wildy ditch when you showed me that screenshot.

Yes your idea would make that scene active. Please push this for fun and activity

If we want clanning to rejuvenate in the future, this is how u start it with newcomers, why disable clan chats for these low lvl guys entering the scene when that's the whole point of beginning to join a clan for these new guys. Also you can't really recruit any of these ulpc guys into a clan chat because of this which is a big thing so you have to divert to ts/discord and 90% of these new guys don't have that (until they reach more official scenes like xlpc/lpc in the future). So to sum it all up, bringing clan chats back for ulpc will help ALOT in terms of every aspect for the scene in w8.

Instead of trying to revive varrock ditch pking why not incentivise pking at edge multi like back in 2009. Right now singles pkers don't really know that varrock east pking is a thing and if they did, they couldn't be fked running all the way over there for a few mins of action. Bringing it to edgeville multi would inform singles pkers that it still exists, hopefully advertising the xLPC scene to them. 

1 hour ago, apexplosive said:

Instead of trying to revive varrock ditch pking why not incentivise pking at edge multi like back in 2009. Right now singles pkers don't really know that varrock east pking is a thing and if they did, they couldn't be fked running all the way over there for a few mins of action. Bringing it to edgeville multi would inform singles pkers that it still exists, hopefully advertising the xLPC scene to them. 

Clans already spam xlpc advs in w8 edge bank/singles...

** When replying to this topic, could you also review my suggestion below **

To fully revive w308 wilderness, we should have an npc that stands around varrock wildy. You can trade the NPC noted items, and subsequently withdraw unoted. This would make it easier for multi pkers to restock on food or gear for example

OR

Simply have a bank chest near varrock wildy

This sounds like a badass way of doing it w08 edge is pretty much dead most kids go to the pvp world now that are high lvls I'm pretty sure that a bank near v ditch would make 08 great again but the xlpc scene is kinda growing atm I see a whole lot of lvl 30s n lvl 40s in multi at v ditch starting to come back to the game cause of mobile to pk @puppyslush please keep up with the good work also ask that guy about the capes to make them for clans n such other ideas pitch them to him :P

• They need a multi target system that gives you multi emblems for multi emblem shop 
  • multi ditch bank chest
  • Multi scoreboard
  • Re-add "Clan Chat" not just friends chat
  • Custom Capes
  • Anti-rag list something so you can block 1-3 people from attacking you in multi "mains" or something :shrug:
  • Jagex to promote multi "wars"