How to improve SB/Pure clanning

👑乃e乃rilliant

Hi brewers,

I was thinking a bit and came up with an Idea to improve SB and the clanning experience as a whole,

So everybody these days is like "We got the belt" after winning one prep.

a solution to that is having an actual score-board that shows which are the top clans.

this score board wouldnt just work by adding up all preps a certain clan has, becouse they could just farm wins of lower tier clans.

So the Idea is basically to implement an Elo rating score-board.

( if you dont know how that works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system )

this way we can actually see the ranking of certain clans and could improve the betting system we currently have.

you can also add a feature in there that if you dont prep for a week (or more) to decay in elo. wich will promote clans in doing more preps.

Let me know what you guys think about this! :)

Pro's:

- Undiscriminated score-board

- Public for everybody to see the current score

- Promoting activity

- forcing higher tier clans to fight each other

- Giving a banner for the best clan each month

Con's:

- everybody starting at the same level ( could be nice to start the year like this)

- Slush gotta do some work to create this system, (If you're smart you ask you buddy over at jagex)

10 minutes ago, BeBrilliant said:

So everybody these days is like "We got the belt" after winning one prep.

I laughed at this actually.

I am working on a WCOTM/COTM scoreboard system for Moni and have incorporated aspects idea, but the primary problem is the lack of preps occurring, which I plan to fix towards the end of the month

2 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

I laughed at this actually.

I am working on a WCOTM/COTM scoreboard system for Moni and have incorporated aspects idea, but the primary problem is the lack of preps occurring, which I plan to fix towards the end of the month

The elo system will "punish" clans for not prepping by decaying them in elo. so if you want a shot at being the best you have to prep frequently

Just now, puppyslush said:

Yes, but people will still not prep unless we put in a better incentive system(beyond rsgp)

at the end of the day the incentive is to be the best and for everybody to see that. which should be enough motivation to become the best and get the bragging rights in being so. (+ you get a cool banner to prove it)

Just now, BeBrilliant said:

at the end of the day the incentive is to be the best and for everybody to see that. which should be enough motivation to become the best and get the bragging rights in being so. (+ you get a cool banner to prove it)

i still don't believe that is a good enough incentive, but we will be launching a systemt o combat that later this month

It's nearly impossible to "force" clans to prep eachother because everyone can just say they don't care about their ranking on this site.
Would be great to have something like this but I don't believe this toxic community can make it work because it involves fighting your rivals fair and that means you might lose!

28 minutes ago, Asap said:

It's nearly impossible to "force" clans to prep eachother because everyone can just say they don't care about their ranking on this site.
Would be great to have something like this but I don't believe this toxic community can make it work because it involves fighting your rivals fair and that means you might lose!

well if they dont want to fight to climb then they also dont have the reight to claim the belt

I would like to see this in a perfect world, however we all know the clans that won't prep each other still won't. Or, they won't prep certain clans and because of this say they're tied for #1 or whatever someone could possibly think up. I would love to see this system work though

2 hours ago, Deviants said:

No forum competitions will ever make the scene less cancer. It'll just make it worse.

Also, tell me how we're supposed to "calculate the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games" when rs isn't a zero-sum game?

everybody start with the same skill level at the start. these will change trough out the year