Jump to content
Paul

Main community in-game suggestions

Recommended Posts

So with our recent connections opening up with some of the J mods, we've been given the opportunity to have their ear and pitch to them an update that would benefit our clanning scene. To get more of a briefing on our meeting we had, you can read @slushpuppy's topic here. What I want to ask from all of my fellow main clanners with this topic is this: What smaller scale, content related updates could we look to refine into something that would not only help our scene grow activity/interest wise, but that would pass the voting polls and sound convincing enough for Jagex to design it out? 

Before you suggest anything, take a second to tamper your expectations. The clanning scene is a small niche in the grand scheme of everyone who plays this game, and while something like Jcup, KDR tracker, or whatever might be the most ideal suggestion off the top of our heads, we are in no position to ask for these right now. In our meeting with them I purposely told everyone to flat out avoid even mentioning the Jcup, as Jagex has already been asked about it thousands of times and - for whatever reason they might have - they have no intention to do it at this time; there's just no point in agitating them just to be shot down. Our goal is NOT to restore the clan world with this update that we pitch; what IS our goal is to find a quality update that us and Jagex can build off of to try and establish a strong and positive relationship so that, when built off of even more with future suggestions, we're in a much better position to suggest even larger scale things to them.

Hopefully that's clear. So when thinking about what to suggest, consider the following:

1) Keep it content related. Anything that takes engine work (new clan chat system, KDR tracker, cc leaving counting as a kill, certain defence level worlds, etc.) is off the table right now. Engine work takes much more time and resources than content does, and Jagex already has their immediate priorities laid out.

2) Keep in mind the game's player base as a whole. Asking to implement a new set of armor or expanding the wilderness as a whole is pretty much guaranteed to be shot down. The rest of the people who play this game won't want to have to deal with the uncertainty that such a potentially big update could change. Whatever we come up with either shouldn't faze them or should be appealing towards them too.

 

With the ideas from this thread, the Sharkbrew Staff will work together in conjunction with the Main clan Ambassadors we have to refine the details of what we believe is the best idea and we'll pitch it to the J mods. Really hope to see some good ideas and the more details you can provide to what you suggest the better. Oh and take this post seriously. If I or anyone sees you just trolling or posting clan beef on here we’ll just delete your post immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the convo we had with the J Mod I understood it wasn't engine work to implement the following:

The ability to put in stakes while setting up a CWA fight (similar to the current Duel Arena but in this case for clans). Only the challengers can put in money/items while setting up the rules for the CWA fight. Whoever wins gets the money. Challenger can use to money to whatever the clan wants (splits, future CWA fights or other money related events). I believe CWA fights would be taken more seriously by the players and viewers, as this is something streamworthy as well, which I think is something Jagex could potentially have interest in as well.

----------------

Other than the above, the main clan world is currently limited with the Heraldic Crests available so to see more based on the storyline of the Kourend houses (example) would be a nice start to implement new colored Kites/Banners. It might be an idea to match capes with these Heraldic Crests as well (something the pure scene would be able to use in this case). But, I'm not sure if any of this requires Engine Work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sybren said:

From the convo we had with the J Mod I understood it wasn't engine work to implement the following:

The ability to put in stakes while setting up a CWA fight (similar to the current Duel Arena but in this case for clans). Only the challengers can put in money/items while setting up the rules for the CWA fight. Whoever wins gets the money. Challenger can use to money to whatever the clan wants (splits, future CWA fights or other money related events). I believe CWA fights would be taken more seriously by the players and viewers, as this is something streamworthy as well, which I think is something Jagex could potentially have interest in as well.

----------------

Other than the above, the main clan world is currently limited with the Heraldic Crests available so to see more based on the storyline of the Kourend houses (example) would be a nice start to implement new colored Kites/Banners. It might be an idea to match capes with these Heraldic Crests as well (something the pure scene would be able to use in this case). But, I'm not sure if any of this requires Engine Work.

I like the staking in cwa fights that would be sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about basic clan wars updates?

A no venom rule so we can use venom weapons in clan wars without venoming.

An overload rule so we can have a different meta similar to pre eoc's. 

A friendly fire rule so we can kill our own teammates. 

A gear cap rule, set it to 1def/55def items only. 

A returning rule, where if you die/leave CC, you can't enter the clan wars portal within X seconds like 30/60/90/120/150/180. they could make it like dmm where a timer pops up on your chatbox and it has to count down from 60 for you to enter if they think it's too hard to code properly. 

A dangerous option + staking option for clan wars. If jagex is worried about "luring" with dangerous, make it so you have to set the ability to do dangerous clan wars like a bank pin. after 7 days, you can now enter dangerous clan wars. They were literally so close to adding the staking option which is why we have a delay on the 2nd screen of the clan wars menu.

If dangerous option is added, make it so pked loot goes to a coffer where you can claim it after the match. Add it as a rule in case people don't like this for whatever reason

 

Make it so worlds don't update instantly so world trackers don't work. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a way to better advertise ourselves besides the Rs forums, a nicer more attractive platform. Other then that, I don't really want jagex to get involved with our wilderness/game. They always mess things up. Maybe some tournaments like the J-cups could be okay, but they just end up in ddosing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Makers of Mayhem said:

how about basic clan wars updates?

A no venom rule so we can use venom weapons in clan wars without venoming.

An overload rule so we can have a different meta similar to pre eoc's. 

A friendly fire rule so we can kill our own teammates. 

A gear cap rule, set it to 1def/55def items only. 

A returning rule, where if you die/leave CC, you can't enter the clan wars portal within X seconds like 30/60/90/120/150/180. they could make it like dmm where a timer pops up on your chatbox and it has to count down from 60 for you to enter if they think it's too hard to code properly. 

A dangerous option + staking option for clan wars. If jagex is worried about "luring" with dangerous, make it so you have to set the ability to do dangerous clan wars like a bank pin. after 7 days, you can now enter dangerous clan wars. They were literally so close to adding the staking option which is why we have a delay on the 2nd screen of the clan wars menu.

If dangerous option is added, make it so pked loot goes to a coffer where you can claim it after the match. Add it as a rule in case people don't like this for whatever reason

 

Make it so worlds don't update instantly so world trackers don't work. 

 

 

 

We had some similar ideas for CWA stuff, but I really like all of the other ideas you have. It could make for some interesting twists to fights if/when CWA makes a comeback within the scene again (if the update itself didn't prompt clans to try a couple out immediately after).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crest227 said:

Maybe a way to better advertise ourselves besides the Rs forums, a nicer more attractive platform. Other then that, I don't really want jagex to get involved with our wilderness/game. They always mess things up. Maybe some tournaments like the J-cups could be okay, but they just end up in ddosing.

I like the idea of another way to advertise ourselves. I'm not sure what exactly we could do yet either, but we really need new blood into our scene and the spike in players mobiles given the game really makes it possible

I know people are inevitably gonna say we put ourselves in this position to have a dying scene with the toxicity of clans and mentalities of clan leaders, but ddosing and toxicity was still prevalent in pre-eoc too and we still had a MUCH better scene back then. The two things aren't mutually exclusive in my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned it on the pure suggestion thread but it would be nice if there was an option to cap it at an equal opt fight. so if its 40v40, no other player in the CC who isn't in the fight can enter the battle once it goes down to 39 in a return fight. that way it truely is a 40v40 and not a 40v40 with 10 people waiting to join as soon as the opt falls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new webpage on the OSRS site solely related to clans. 

Can contain things like info about clans, recent events recap, rankings (ranks system can be figured out later), up coming events for those who wanna post, etc

Basically a platform for the public to be able to find out about clans and the clan world but not a 3rd party site. It shouldn't be a forum but should have the capability of information being changed on it.

 

This is simple yet very effective and will help us out a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to re-think the anglerfish nerf for multi PvP areas. I get why they want to restrict safing in 1v1 situations (to encourage risk taking,  increase KOs, etc..) but multi is completely different. Anglers are one of the few things that actually assist in tanking in a game which sees constant and gradual powercreep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ofrran said:

They need to re-think the anglerfish nerf for multi PvP areas. I get why they want to restrict safing in 1v1 situations (to encourage risk taking,  increase KOs, etc..) but multi is completely different. Anglers are one of the few things that actually assist in tanking in a game which sees constant and gradual powercreep. 

anglers aren't changing in that regard. you can still eat up to 121 before a match starts. in multi you carry heavy brews anyway, you don't eat anglers at 99hp because you save them for when you need to combo. the meta for the past 8 years has always been to eat brews when ur 99hp, and rocktail/angler brew when you drop significant health. this doesn't affect multi. I could understand this notion if you brought 4 phx necks and 20 anglers, but brews are 2.1k each now, the cheapest health/gp and the most hp/inv slot.  there's no reason you wouldn't take them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Makers of Mayhem said:

anglers aren't changing in that regard. you can still eat up to 121 before a match starts. in multi you carry heavy brews anyway, you don't eat anglers at 99hp because you save them for when you need to combo. the meta for the past 8 years has always been to eat brews when ur 99hp, and rocktail/angler brew when you drop significant health. this doesn't affect multi. I could understand this notion if you brought 4 phx necks and 20 anglers, but brews are 2.1k each now, the cheapest health/gp and the most hp/inv slot.  there's no reason you wouldn't take them

Yeah, you make good points tbf; you're right that anglers are rarely used at 99hp, but it's still an option I'd rather have than not. I'm probably overly concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 4:56 PM, Sybren said:

a CWA fight (similar to the current Duel Arena but in this case for clans). Only the challengers can put in money/items while setting up the rules for the CWA fight. Whoever wins gets the money. Challenger can use to money to whatev

Would be great but it would require to check everyone's gear/inventory. Would be tons of work to make the gui for that.

 

Could just host events like that and the staff here would middle man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 7:59 PM, Makers of Mayhem said:

anglers aren't changing in that regard. you can still eat up to 121 before a match starts. in multi you carry heavy brews anyway, you don't eat anglers at 99hp because you save them for when you need to combo. the meta for the past 8 years has always been to eat brews when ur 99hp, and rocktail/angler brew when you drop significant health. this doesn't affect multi. I could understand this notion if you brought 4 phx necks and 20 anglers, but brews are 2.1k each now, the cheapest health/gp and the most hp/inv slot.  there's no reason you wouldn't take them

Anglers being able to heal over 99 is quite useful for prolonged P2P multi fights. For instance, if I'm 85 HP, I want to eat. I want to be as high HP as possible. Especially if I'm in robes. Sometimes it's inefficient to use brews since you might be high prayer; thus wasting a restore dose. And eating a piece of food that isn't going to heal over 99 is a waste as well. There's no reason for anglers to be nerfed. Even in single PvP. You can already stack someone over 99 HP easily. Shouldn't the Granite Maul be nerfed instead of buffed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a similar interface for crystal enchantment (shields, bows, halberds), as we have with ava's devices. As well as make the the dumb-ass NPC not despawn every 2 minutes. This would be an easy QoL update I'd imagine. I suggest this because stacking up on crystal shields (which is basically the meta now) is actually aids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IMK said:

We need a similar interface for crystal enchantment (shields, bows, halberds), as we have with ava's devices. As well as make the the dumb-ass NPC not despawn every 2 minutes. This would be an easy QoL update I'd imagine. I suggest this because stacking up on crystal shields (which is basically the meta now) is actually aids. 

They talked about that in the past q&a I think

Sounded like they liked the idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fight Stat tracking - KDR, Wealth gained/lost, low and high numbers in game. Just anything that can be used to show performance of each clan rather than rely on word of mouth and cherry picked kill/ending pics.

Low level safe zones - Areas with banks in low level multi wild (25 and under) to help support the formation of low level cc teams which help the wilderness "food chain". Back in the day things like the FOG cave, BH stairs, CWA lobby were all examples of this in action.

Clan Chats - Move the 150 total level requirement to a CC setting that the owner can enable rather than limit it to every new account to help foster the growth of cc teams. W308 Varrock - Hills is super active with these 15 - 45 cmb CC teams right now but forcing them to train skills they don't have any interest in to take part hinders rather than helps the scene.

F2P - Stop ignoring F2P and add some content, there's a lot of interest in the F2P wild scene especially with mobile taking off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Fight Stat tracking - KDR, Wealth gained/lost, low and high numbers in game. Just anything that can be used to show performance of each clan rather than rely on word of mouth and cherry picked kill/ending pics.

Low level safe zones - Areas with banks in low level multi wild (25 and under) to help support the formation of low level cc teams which help the wilderness "food chain". Back in the day things like the FOG cave, BH stairs, CWA lobby were all examples of this in action.

Clan Chats - Move the 150 total level requirement to a CC setting that the owner can enable rather than limit it to every new account to help foster the growth of cc teams. W308 Varrock - Hills is super active with these 15 - 45 cmb CC teams right now but forcing them to train skills they don't have any interest in to take part hinders rather than helps the scene.

F2P - Stop ignoring F2P and add some content, there's a lot of interest in the F2P wild scene especially with mobile taking off.

 

ye agree with this and make rev caves bigger

 

https://imgur.com/a/BakejjF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×