[XLPC/LPC] Community suggestion response (Part iii)

puppyslush

slushpuppy: @JagexMaz heya, I have checked the plausibility of the walking banker in varrock north and it appears it may not be a desirable as it would encourage multi sniping, where players would camp safe zones and only go out to snipe players as seen at falador in pvp worlds. Additionally, having the banker at that location puts it too close to yew trees and the lumberyard- balancing issues
slushpuppy: The clans asked if whether it is possible to bring something like the old FOG bank back to level 10? wilderness. We had that discussion where it is trivial to put NPCs around the map, but what about adding a new dungeon and a cave/teleportation lever?
JagexMaz: no engine work needed for that, we'd need justification as to why it benefits the game tho.

So essentially we will be pushing for 2 updates, 150 total level FC fix and bringing back a bank at old FOG. However as what she has said, we need a strong justification for putting that bank in. I remember pre eoc, I always pked around FOG for the convenience of banking, but what else could we also gleam from this?

I do believe that LPC clans can benefit from this somehow, but I am unable to articulate any points beyond the convenience aspect, so please reply below as to why you feel adding this bank can benefit w308, varrock multi and LPC clanning.

Thanks!

I simply think you need to justify the bank. Why not work around the fact that we can put a cave entrance (like rev caves) for F2P. Not only can we have a bank there but it would also give people a reason to be in the area. 

IMO this will also bring f2p wildy new life if people who normally would stay away now have access to less crowded training areas. It will also encourage the pure scene to train up more and feed into other scenes.

What if FOG bank/cave was only accessible in w308, thus making it not viable to ruin the wilderness with another safe spot, but fueling the activity of 308 varrock wilderness pking. Could also add a caveat to this of having to maintain activity in the world for 5 minutes or so, would prevent the bank from being abused. Only teleport to the location being the Minigame Teleport, would make initial banking easy, but would mitigate the usefulness of botting/safe gearing in wilderness. 

4 hours ago, Asap said:

how many people on this site actually care about w308 pking? f2p midweek has been dead for years.

Someone explain how having a bank chest in wildy is going to make clans go to f2p all of a sudden

Actually it’s more active than it’s been in a long time