these people are paid to govern in this day and age...

puppyslush

To be fair, a lot of these questions aren't that unreasonable. I'd say the majority of the whole hearing is for the GOP to get THEIR people to study the results to "find" bias. Even if Google is biased (as a liberal, I'd say they probably are) they're a private company and are allowed to show whatever they want. In the same fashion that the FCC, under GOP leadership, has allowed ISPs to do whatever they want. 

Funniest part about the whole video is the ending where the guy talks about Comcast and getting transferred to someone foreign, despite the very person they're questioning is Indian, which is usually who runs all of the call centers for companies. 

11 hours ago, IMK said:

To be fair, a lot of these questions aren't that unreasonable. I'd say the majority of the whole hearing is for the GOP to get THEIR people to study the results to "find" bias. Even if Google is biased (as a liberal, I'd say they probably are) they're a private company and are allowed to show whatever they want. In the same fashion that the FCC, under GOP leadership, has allowed ISPs to do whatever they want.  

Funniest part about the whole video is the ending where the guy talks about Comcast and getting transferred to someone foreign, despite the very person they're questioning is Indian, which is usually who runs all of the call centers for companies. 

Yeah but you got senators who can't tell the difference between an android and an iphone, another who doesn't grasp the concept of apps, and one that made a racial joke equivalent to high school locker room talk. It's a completely wasted effort for both sides with next to nothing being answered of course

• 2 weeks later...