Jump to content
Stl Arrow

Zerk/Tank/Med Scene Revival

Recommended Posts

For those that don't know there are currently 3 Runepure/Tank/Med Clans that actively pk/fight each other for the most part (Resurgence, Vengeance, & Paragon). What people don't realize is these unique builds get overlooked a ton by mains and pure clans because they are usually at a disadvantage when fighting one of the said builds because either pures will outpull or mains will out damage/tank. There are tons of players in main and pure clans that have zerks, tanks, and meds but mainly use them to either rag other pure clans, single pk, or just let them sit there collecting dust. I feel like our bracket could be way more competitive and a lot more players would have a different view on what these clans do if others would try new things and try to adapt to different styles of pking instead of the typical clusters/crashing each other in the pure/main scene.

With that being said my questions for the community is this:

  • What would the current clans in the scene (Res, Veng, Paragon) have to do to inspire others to either join these clans or create their own?
  • What would motivate the players that actually have these account builds to take part in our bracket?
  • How do you think that more clans in this bracket would be beneficial to the what most like to call a dead clan world?

Lets try to keep this as clean and unbiased as possible. Im honestly curious to hear what most of you have to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally, I'd say the value proposition for clanning(not just zerk) is getting weaker as time goes by. Clanning has to be made appealing again, and it is possible without ingame updates. Take a look at the recent XLPC movement where 5 clans agree to XYZ in a short space of time. Look what happened today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean.. the very reasons you speak of (outnumbered by pures and stat disadvantage to mains) is pretty much why zerks/med levels are kind of pointless in multi if you ask me. Can have a lot of fun in deep single or bh/pvp pking, but multi is always going to awkward. Of course they're free to PK however they want, but the chance of building an actual scene with this bracket seems pretty slim to none. It doesn't help that making these sort of accounts takes a bit more effort than a pure would (needing to follow certain quest lines etc). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IMK said:

I mean.. the very reasons you speak of (outnumbered by pures and stat disadvantage to mains) is pretty much why zerks/med levels are kind of pointless in multi if you ask me. Can have a lot of fun in deep single or bh/pvp pking, but multi is always going to awkward. Of course they're free to PK however they want, but the chance of building an actual scene with this bracket seems pretty slim to none. It doesn't help that making these sort of accounts takes a bit more effort than a pure would (needing to follow certain quest lines etc). 

Pretty much this.

If honour was still a thing clans wouldn't interrupt multi fights or attempt to bully zerk clans to feed their own clans hype then yeah.

Pure clanning is dying, main clanning has been horribly stale for a long time. It's not a great time for any sort of bracket atm and zerk will suffer the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would I join a Zerk clan when I could just go join a main clan? You guys war the exact same way just Zerks pull a lot lower than mains and are below them on the food chain. Pures have a unique style of warring that helps drag people into our scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IMK said:

I mean.. the very reasons you speak of (outnumbered by pures and stat disadvantage to mains) is pretty much why zerks/med levels are kind of pointless in multi if you ask me.

agree pures are low enough level that they cant usually be hit by mains but med, tanks, zerks will all get bullied to quite low wilderness levels by mains which makes multi awkward and more a trust problem.

I think the scene is fine and i would hope that as time goes on it attracts more people to it regardless of it being in kinda a weird spot for multi pking. But the scene the scene cannot foster uncooperative / hostile clans because as soon as one clan closes the scene will rapidly dissolve and die. You competition is as much your enemy as your friend because of mains and this makes certain aspects of clanning very different from all other ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaya Bee said:

But the scene the scene cannot foster uncooperative / hostile clans because as soon as one clan closes the scene will rapidly dissolve and die.

Take note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really agree with everything you've said@Stl Arrowbut the real point is the intention of your topic which I like:

  1. Pure Clanning: If a pure clan pulls 38 to a med clan pulling 30 I'm placing my bets on the med clan... If a pure clan pulls 60 in the same situation they'll obviously win. In both situations the pures pulled more but with a different outcome. 
  2. Main Clanning: an organized med clan stands a good chance vs a main clan same opts, the KO power is literally the same, tanking is the hardest on a zerk but not impossible (note: more people are shifting to med builds anyways), dspear/dscim combinations can bang the best tankers out.
  3. All in all it just depends which clan you're fighting, how many they're pulling etc.. to just be able to say: 'pure clans pull more than med clans' and 'main clans out DPS/tank med clans'. Statistically we've won the majority of the fights against the clans in the other scenes (but then again, we pk on a daily basis, so many fights to take in mind...).

Our scene is literally growing month by month and it truly has the most potential because of the versatility in the account builds + being right inbetween the combat bracket of pures and mains + having the KO power of mains clans at a lower combat that can even hit pure clans (think about it ;)) + osrs has a huge focus on the PvM side of things and our scene has way more options than pure clans.

13 hours ago, Stl Arrow said:

With that being said my questions for the community is this:

  • What would the current clans in the scene (Res, Veng, Paragon) have to do to inspire others to either join these clans or create their own? Keep pking on a daily basis and post our aftermaths on the brew + Keep recruiting people until we nearly meet the weekend pure pulls (we won't need more 😛). People are to lazy nowadays to 'try' these clans out and put in effort in an application. They need to see it in action :).
  • What would motivate the players that actually have these account builds to take part in our bracket? Just compare our topics vs Pure Clan topics; loads more +1's, our fights and pk trips last way longer AND we pk on a near DAILY basis (for HOURS).
  • How do you think that more clans in this bracket would be beneficial to the what most like to call a dead clan world? It's still a pretty fresh scene with the majority of the community being the most mature compared to any other scene. If more people (leaders) would see the potential in this scene it would the most active because of the versatility of these builds in the scene (hence the daily activity etc compared to the other scenes...).

Now all in all, I still hope the LPC starts reviving soon as well. I've seen Misfits and EOP close in these past couple of weeks which is a big hit for the scene. We need the action in every single combat bracket.

(I'm foreign btw)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our scene is literally growing everyday, but we see what happened to the main world and the pure scenes once a crash war/cancer takes over. As long as every clan has fun and keeps everything in game shall be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prefade said:

Take note.

Keep in mind we can only say so much to members to keep them from flaming. I try my best to keep things clean but sometimes its hard ya know?

3 hours ago, Paragon said:

Our scene is literally growing everyday, but we see what happened to the main world and the pure scenes once a crash war/cancer takes over. As long as every clan has fun and keeps everything in game shall be fun. 

This might be the only scene that doesnt take things out of game in all honesty, and that is one of the strengths to our scene in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Sybren said:

I don't really agree with everything you've said@Stl Arrowbut the real point is the intention of your topic which I like:

  1. Pure Clanning: If a pure clan pulls 38 to a med clan pulling 30 I'm placing my bets on the med clan... If a pure clan pulls 60 in the same situation they'll obviously win. In both situations the pures pulled more but with a different outcome. 
  2. Main Clanning: an organized med clan stands a good chance vs a main clan same opts, the KO power is literally the same, tanking is the hardest on a zerk but not impossible (note: more people are shifting to med builds anyways), dspear/dscim combinations can bang the best tankers out.
  3. All in all it just depends which clan you're fighting, how many they're pulling etc.. to just be able to say: 'pure clans pull more than med clans' and 'main clans out DPS/tank med clans'. Statistically we've won the majority of the fights against the clans in the other scenes (but then again, we pk on a daily basis, so many fights to take in mind...).

Our scene is literally growing month by month and it truly has the most potential because of the versatility in the account builds + being right inbetween the combat bracket of pures and mains + having the KO power of mains clans at a lower combat that can even hit pure clans (think about it ;)) + osrs has a huge focus on the PvM side of things and our scene has way more options than pure clans.

Now all in all, I still hope the LPC starts reviving soon as well. I've seen Misfits and EOP close in these past couple of weeks which is a big hit for the scene. We need the action in every single combat bracket.

(I'm foreign btw)

I just posted something up quick without really re-reading so some of my points might be invalid, but the point of this is something that you recognized, which I appreciate. We need to work together to help our scene grow rather then kill it. Whatever it takes really im willing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stl Arrow said:
9 hours ago, Prefade said:

Take note.

Keep in mind we can only say so much to members to keep them from flaming. I try my best to keep things clean but sometimes its hard ya know? 

Flaming is only scratching the surface, I'm talking about propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc. Nobody is going to want to work together to create a better scene if clans keep pulling this type of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure brackets are easier to manage as a clan and have way more population... xLPC scene just revived 3 months ago with only 2 clans starting now look there's about 12-13 with tons of action...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scims said:

Pure brackets are easier to manage as a clan and have way more population... xLPC scene just revived 3 months ago with only 2 clans starting now look there's about 12-13 with tons of action...

So what your saying is its possible to revive the zerk scene? You also have to take into account its 10x easier to make a pure then a "Good" Zerk/Tank/Med.

1 hour ago, Prefade said:

Flaming is only scratching the surface, I'm talking about propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc. Nobody is going to want to work together to create a better scene if clans keep pulling this type of shit.

Care to elaborate a bit more on what you mean with specific scenario's? To my knowledge Resurgence has never "crashed" anything or intentionally member sniped anyone.

I have yet to be messaged by any ranks of Vengeance about any of these said problems you mentioned above. As the Leader of Resurgence to not be getting any messages to resolve issues you guys obviously have with us seems like they aren't very important issues. If there is any personal beef you guys have with me because of past instances that is your problem, but dont claim we are doing nh things when you aren't doing anything to fix them (ie: pming the leader of the clan your faulting).

PS: PMing my warlord that is only involved in the warring aspect of Resurgence isn't exactly the same thing either, although it is a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prefade said:

Flaming is only scratching the surface, I'm talking about propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc. Nobody is going to want to work together to create a better scene if clans keep pulling this type of shit.

so knock it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brock_Lesnar said:

These builds are ment for single pking... your on a site thats about multi clan pking.

 

End of discussion...

 

this is an opinion.

1 hour ago, Prefade said:

Flaming is only scratching the surface, I'm talking about propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc. Nobody is going to want to work together to create a better scene if clans keep pulling this type of shit.

This also goes hand in hand with actually being cooperative with the other clans within the scene by creating action in the Wilderness AND in CWA. 

"propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc"

Ultimately, a scene will not die because of propaganda or member-sniping.

Scenes DO suffer from neglect due to hostility from things that are quite common within any scene of clanning. ("propaganda, member sniping and crashing etc")

As Tyler said, you can't control everyone and banter is something that comes with any competition.

I've also read some of your topics and have seen some content that didn't quite add up to what I saw happen.

At the end of the day though, it's a game we play to compete.

Don't let it get in way of what we're all trying to do here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stl Arrow said:

Keep in mind we can only say so much to members to keep them from flaming. I try my best to keep things clean but sometimes its hard ya know?

This might be the only scene that doesnt take things out of game in all honesty, and that is one of the strengths to our scene in my opinion.

We need to work together to help our scene grow rather then kill it. Whatever it takes really im willing to do.

I will not say that banter / flaming is the problem but things like spys, unnecessary nh stuff, and the use of rivalries as a means to an end are what im more referring to. I think you 3 med clans are very much fostering a workable relationship and understanding which will keep the scene alive for sure. I would say right now no one is really accusing anyone yet of something drastic because the scene is growing and becoming interesting but there needs to be an understanding that this could all fall down again if people start to slip back into the old ways. 

 

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

At the end of the day though, it's a game we play to compete.

Don't let it get in way of what we're all trying to do here.

Yes having fun is the goal of the game a reason lots still play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×