Regarding the Pure Community

Downyz

So it's pretty obvious that the overall population within the pure community has declined within the past couple years. I would think that with an increase in OSRS players because of Mobile release, we would also see an influx of newcomers checking out the pure clanning scene; that shit ain't happening.

My question is why? Why are we shrinking as a community when OSRS is growing as a game?

Is there anything that we as a community can do to help alleviate this problem?

Truthfully I don't even play the game anymore, but you would think that someone who really cares about pure clanning would have brought this up by now;    oh wait maybe thats it! 

8 minutes ago, Stl Arrow said:

Nothing about spending mils buying sets just to lose them in wars doesn’t seem appealing to the common new kid on the block if you ask me. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I feel that. Maybe we should work on the culture within clans? That way, newer players would be more than happy to spend the money to make sure that their squad wins ;-)

12 minutes ago, Downyz said:

So you're saying that there is a lack of leadership in the community? Any solutions?

I daresay most of the growth have been absorbed by the XLPC scene. They went from 4 to nearly 18 clans/snipe teams in a month.

The current higher pulling LPC(or the main bulk of 1-20 def pure clanning) is a lost cause atm because some clan leaders are on a continuous PMS cycle leading to unceasing starvation, main bringing and suppression of any new clans opening. 

However you have lower pulling LPCs who are doing their own rev trips and a recently, a newly formed group of clans pledging to be non toxic.

The problem is that the same leadership with the same recycled clans and same people joining them.  Kids would rather join a clan and be glory hunters than to find new people into the scene and train them to be leaders/ranks. It's always the same people opening clans and when they get bored clans die. Look at the clan me and some friends founded TP. We have about 3 or 5 ranks who have been in the scene for a while but our officers and below are fresh into the clanning scene. Nobody wants to take the time to teach new kids in the ways of clanning+ you have toxic kids who are very competitive and that makes newcomers leave then to just have fun and enjoy rs clanning. Idk that's what I've notice in the last 2 years of clanning.

24 minutes ago, The Plague said:

The problem is that the same leadership with the same recycled clans and same people joining them.  Kids would rather join a clan and be glory hunters than to find new people into the scene and train them to be leaders/ranks. It's always the same people opening clans and when they get bored clans die. Look at the clan me and some friends founded TP. We have about 3 or 5 ranks who have been in the scene for a while but our officers and below are fresh into the clanning scene. Nobody wants to take the time to teach new kids in the ways of clanning+ you have toxic kids who are very competitive and that makes newcomers leave then to just have fun and enjoy rs clanning. Idk that's what I've notice in the last 2 years of clanning.

I can relate lol ^

It’s not dying 

It’s just not the same scene you recognise 

LPC pulls combined would hit approx 600 right now (weekend trip)

xlpc pulls about 600 too it’s just spread over more clans 

that’s about 1k players (since some overlap between scenes)

i do wish more LPCs would open so we could  have 8 clans pulling under 100 rather than 5 clans pulling over it, but new clans will open, or old clans will reopen because no one ever really quits RuneScape, they just take breaks 

Clanning got out of the hand. Everyone are grown up man now. Ppl take the game to serious, leaders arent capable of making the right decisions for the whole clans sake. Clans use propoganda and lies to set their members against other clans. Clans rather starve eachother from action or use scummy techniques to win. Jagex doesnt give two fucks about the pure scene. And kids rather play other games now then a rng based game wich takes 1000+ hours to JUST get a good account. 

2 hours ago, Yaz said:

LPC pulls combined would hit approx 600 right now (weekend trip)

i believe that number is still off by a significant margin and if those numbers are correct, it is still far less than same time back in 17 where we had MPC and HPC scenes; 10+ clans combined. Probably 800-1k total?