Regarding the Pure Community

Downyz

Lol

Browse the forums, and you will see the questions to your answers. 

The pure community is overly toxic and only seeks to destroy itself. The population of pures is thriving, none of them wants to deal with the stupid shit when it comes to clanning. I mean, why would they?

Who would enjoy dealing with mains and the same repeated dumb shit? The black market also thrives within clanning, something that is heavily being shunned throughout the OSRS population. Streamers being at the head of the hate against it. 

The pure clanning community only has itself to blame for the current dwindling state. 

Plus, the separation of divisions don't help any. Anytime things get shitty (mains), a different clan division is created. XLPC is dividing the community. Of course, as usual, CD will bring in the excessive toxicity (mains being part of it) into the XLPC scene.  

It's difficult to introduce players, that aren't recycled or familiar with the scene, if the scene is complete shit. 

Misfits had 2 streamers trying to showcase pure clanning. These streamers had rivals of Misfits, stream sniping them due to their affiliation. That was one of the best chances the community had of showcasing what it's about. BUT, once again, the toxicity prevailed. 

When i was 15 i came online hyped to play with my clanmates, i had all evening to play and i really wanted to win. The pure scene was more than just a game, it was people i knew and wanted to prove wrong or help succeed.

Nowadays my schedule is more packed, i take videogames less serious and sadly all my old friends quit. The legacy clans are gone, and with them the people that used to set the standards for our community. I doubt we will ever see something like the old days again, as the old hpc community was very dedicated to the pure clanning cause.

Smile because it happened =).

because clans put their ego over having fun / action

they'd rather not prep if they know they can lose, they'd rather sit with 100 opts at home instead of fighting down opts.

I would've never expected this scene to be alive in 2019 though. 

You've gotta be blind not to see all the growth in the xLPC scene. w308 wildy is active 24/7 and with a lot of experienced clanners moving down to start clans I suspect they will help mold all the new guys, encourage them to train up, and eventually move them into the LPC bracket.

People have been screaming out "The pure scene is dying" for like 8 years now. This is just apart of the constant cycle we go through as a community.

8 hours ago, puppyslush said:

i believe that number is still off by a significant margin and if those numbers are correct, it is still far less than same time back in 17 where we had MPC and HPC scenes; 10+ clans combined. Probably 800-1k total?

5 clans open right now in the LPC scene; Apex/FOE/IR/SUP/FI? For there to be 1k that would mean each clan would pull 200 in other words. Unless we are counting the teams that go rev caves with 5-10 ppl, I'm having a hard time seeing anything above 550-600. Pure clanning will continue to not grow, because there is no new players coming in; Only old ones returning from "breaks", and veteran players quitting for IRL. Realistically, there is no way to sustain a pure community given the NH shit that occurs. You get a new clanner, you have to give them a rundown of what not to say(Name/address/dont link your IRL/etc) You can't sustain shit in a toxic scene period.

> Recycled clanner reopens clan v5 e.g (eop/px/rd/zenith/doom/olympus/rage)

> Short term reopen hype.

> gets in a rivalry with a more competent clan/leadership

> uses mains

> loses rivalry

> claims they're bored

> closes into another incompetent clan e.g MF/EOP/DOOM > apex giving them 220 pulls

> repeat.

pure community in a nutshell.

14 hours ago, Ben said:

Should just stop having separate trip times. Force people to commit to one clan, in one big community like the old days.

The best will survive and compete, those not will be forced to adapt or die.

13 hours ago, MASTER KAME said:

fo and sup ruin the scene by botting tanks, teaming and crashing new clans that pull 40.

meanwhile honorable clans like fi apex and ir have to fight against all odds vs these cancer clans to keep the scene from dying.

"honorable" clans doesnt auto accept 150+ and most of them toxic eop kids and there mains . u  killed the scene now u force foe to start recruit again there is a reason no one wanted to join ur "honorable" clan before.

are u even core apex ? or one of these flaming eop kids. ur clan is full of toxicness thanks for killing the scene pls dont do the same to xlpc when lpc is actually dead. 

19 minutes ago, JDM said:

i agree, time for a new generation of legacy clans.

difference is that foe is actually a clan i know more then 95% of the ppl i play with. the amount of plants in apex  is insane they dont know 90% of the ppl they play with besides the apex core members;

lpc is dead  foe never gonne split , what they will do is recruit again and at current tempo easly see 250+by february  and with currenct apex members applying under other alias we all know how its gonne end  .   just give a big shoutout to apex going from a respectable and good clanwars clan to a public movement massclan with half of them toxic 16y old . if i were apex and see all those toxic eop kids and there mains join i would neck myself.

9 hours ago, 13 Defence said:

5 clans open right now in the LPC scene; Apex/FOE/IR/SUP/FI? For there to be 1k that would mean each clan would pull 200 in other words. Unless we are counting the teams that go rev caves with 5-10 ppl, I'm having a hard time seeing anything above 550-600. Pure clanning will continue to not grow, because there is no new players coming in; Only old ones returning from "breaks", and veteran players quitting for IRL. Realistically, there is no way to sustain a pure community given the NH shit that occurs. You get a new clanner, you have to give them a rundown of what not to say(Name/address/dont link your IRL/etc) You can't sustain shit in a toxic scene period.

I was referring to back during the hype days of 2016-2017. Right now, I believe LPC scene only collectively has about 500~ active members. 600 is pushing it especially considering the recent decline in pulls from FOE and Apex today