February is QOL Month, Let's Fix Scuffed Accounts

Pilot irl

February is nearly here and it's QOL month.

There are many things in the PVP/Pure community that can be improved. One thing I've wanted done for a while now (inb4 ruined account btw) is having the ability to fix unwanted exp gain on pure accounts. RS3 has this option directly from an NPC and this has already been polled (70% vs 27% iirc,) and just needed a bit more of a push. Originally the ability to fix unwanted exp gain was going to be tied into rev caves, and negative exp lamps were going to be a drop had it passed. Afterwards, activation would have been 5M for subtracting a small amount of exp no more than 10 times per account.

Following something similar let's just make it simple:

make an NPC reset a stat under 1k exp (level 9) with certain criteria.

No quest progress can be made on the stat wishing to be reset to avoid exploitation.

5M activation that will go back to the wildy PVM community for our sins. Or just make it a gold sink. 

Probably add some sort of timer to avoid exploitation. 

Even with runelite active you can screw up your near perfect account at any moment. ultimately, it's not a big deal, but it's such a simple addition to the game that could save a lot of accounts, past and present, that there's no reason not to ask for this update that will do the whole pure pvp community a lot of good.. no one else is going to push for this because pure representation online is crap, sharkbrew is the only place to really build support before we bring it to the official forums, or the even more official forums, reddit- where updates actually happen. and reddit hates pures so we're really gonna have to rally if we wanna see something happen. 

if you're into the idea, I appreciate any support or constructive criticism. I can live with 2 def, it's not a big deal, but it's a slap in the face considering this is something so easy and it's an update that should have passed with a more simple approach and with more awareness in the pure community. This is minimal update that would improve a lot of pure accounts, even if it's just reducing OCD and fear of an unfortunate accident. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

i like your implementation, however i think if we collectively rally behind the exp lamps passing we would stand a better shot. the concept itself should be in, by means of some shape or form.

I have no problem with the exp lamps, but the main criticism I heard was that it was potentially exploitable and not very relevant to most players being a drop from the rev caves. this was before rev caves even released remember, so no one had a clue how it was going to turn out. I think it would pass now in a heartbeat, we just have to make it relevant again. Would you propose repolling the same idea- a potential drop from a monster?

3 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Most PvP updates will not get pushed through. I'd say for any related update, PVM should be the main focus

rev caves was a HUGE pvp update that should've had xp resets go through. they're constantly changing pvp. they just fundamentally changed the game with spec tabbing and safe areas recently.

Would never pass. If you look at the reasonable wide spread updates that get voted no because they are even slightly pk related. As soon as something is beneficial for pures the geeks on reddit stand up and dismiss any progress for the update.
Good implementation though 

Just now, Snake said:

Would never pass. If you look at the reasonable wide spread updates that get voted no because they are even slightly pk related. As soon as something is beneficial for pures the geeks on reddit stand up and dismiss any progress for the update.
Good implementation though 

i agree, the neckbeards on reddit would have their say, but 70% is close enough to where it's something that can easily pass if it's done well. 70% is a big number for something that only affects one community. 

I'm confused as why some dumbasses here are against it though. they either don't pk or haven't pked long enough to realize that virtually all pure accounts will deal with it eventually. it's just a matter of when.

Just now, Pilot irl said:

i agree, the neckbeards on reddit would have their say, but 70% is close enough to where it's something that can easily pass if it's done well. 70% is a big number for something that only affects one community. 

I'm confused as why some dumbasses here are against it though. they either don't pk or haven't pked long enough to realize that virtually all pure accounts will deal with it eventually. it's just a matter of when.

I would wait until they discuss targeted polling as they have said 2019 they would like to poll changes to only the communities/accounts they effect, Would be better to push it then.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

I would wait until they discuss targeted polling as they have said 2019 they would like to poll changes to only the communities/accounts they effect, Would be better to push it then.

true, that would be the most opportune time. but without support it probably wont get anywhere. I'm just confused why people in the community it effects are against it. give me a better reason then "nty" someone. legitimately.