[Vote] FLOWER community advisor

FLOWER  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• yes
    • no

• What is your clanning/pvp history?
    ONSLAUGHT AND DETRIMENTAL
  • How many months have you been in the Clanning/PvP community?
  • Please write a short summary of the current problems with the scene/sharkbrew and how you plan on helping bridging this gap between Sharkbrew and the community

the problem with sharkbrew is that a lot of the clans with history such as foe and fatality don't use sharkbrew as often as they should do, plus other clans aswell such as apex and dc very rarely use it.

Most mods in sharkbrew have friends they known for a while in the pure community so I believe a fresh new face who is neutral with all clans would do the trick.

The pure scene right now is in a bad situation where you have FOE as the undisputed number 1 in wilderness no clans can match there pull or try and put up a fight against them they genuinely need some competition and the second biggest pulling clan legacy doesn't fight them.

Also the community right now is full of people doxing and ddosing and when u get people putting that on sharkbrew its not a great advertisement for sharkbrew. One of the first topics of community discussion is why is so and so doxing and ddosing?

Personally new clans struggle to recruit or compete in a scene like this so when new people come looking on sharkbrew try and guide them towards the lower pulling clans.

A lot of people also aren't interested in clanning so PVP aspect here could be good to entice new people into the sharkbrew such as nh tournaments and 2v2s and many more and have a league of some sort or a knock out tournament.

A  league table for CLAN WARS CLAN OF THE MONTH and WILDERNESS CLAN OF THE MONTH would be very nice if it can be kept on top and update it on a daily basis so people would have to keep checking the forums.

How can I help the community?

In onslaught we have done various tournaments like a knockout round tournament and a league table tournament which went smoothly, Also did a 2v2 tournament league style which me and another rank called flukey monitored and hosted.

Also on behalf of smaller clans and new clans we seem to not bother getting involved with the community events out of the underdog tournament it was only onslaught and rage who entered and competed in the big flex one.#

I also would like to set up a clan wars league table so that way when clans say so and so is avoiding well if they don't fight then they lose points and that way u can really determine whos what rank in f2p and p2p and could make foe and fi and apex post on here more regularly as topics with a tag would be good.

Also there genuinely isn't enough events in this community which bring clans and action together u do one like once every 3 months maybe up that to a tournament a month.

Last but not least mods of sharkbrew most of them don't even play the game anymore so this is supposed to be a runescape based orientated community but u have mods who don't play and now whats going on in the community right now, Which isn't very good, the warning and banning system isn't right personally certain infractions are biased and some are for feeble reasons. You have a separate discord for xlpc but make mains and lpc share one that should be changed because you have gatekeepers who are in main clanning.

• I elect to maintain my activity and to execute my duties to the best of my abilities
    Yes

Needs to be more of a discussion on why clans don't use sharkbrew. Not just saying they don't. But your a good dude and could see you improving it. GL

9 hours ago, Jernt said:

Oh yikes you actually took this serious.

@JerntIt’s no wonder your topic and voting results are an absolute dumpster fire. Guess I can go ahead and close it then?

Now, back on topic: @FLOWER I’m fine with this. You’re able to recognize several of the community trends we aim to change. There’s a lack of not only healthy competition, but a lack of healthy general interaction between many different groups as well. You also seem to have a pretty favorable response so far, and I have no problems giving you my support.

However, you did make an application lately for a staff position as well, so if we reach out to you about filling a role, you’ll have to make a choice. 

Either way, we’ll be in touch soon.

25 minutes ago, AK 4U said:

This will have 0 affect therefor 0 impact therefor this was pointless.

trash.

You have just applied for it your self how can say it's pointless.

Also it's scumbags like your self who give pures a bad name by being a leader, you scam your own clan member for 10mil. You are literally one of the parasites who ruin the game for people to play on, with your constant criticism off every clan but yet yours keeps closing. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ace".

52 minutes ago, Jernt said:

Listen dude this rank is a fucking joke everyone knows it no idea why slushy thinks this is a good idea. You honestly think any of these clan leaders are gonna listen to you? Lmfao this whole community has been fucked since the start of osrs its a never ending cycle of the same old shit over and over again that never changes if you really wanna help this community let it die out dont waste your time

What a shitty attitude.

@FLOWERgl brother. I think slush is making a positive move tbf. Maybe it doesn't work, but at least he's trying. I for one will try and do my part to represent the osrs community in a positive light.

1 hour ago, Parm said:

no

not like it matters site is shit and jus dnt want another newfag rank on the discord sb has enough of those

gl bro

So if its so shit why are you still here?

5 hours ago, FLOWER said:

You have just applied for it your self how can say it's pointless.

Also it's scumbags like your self who give pures a bad name by being a leader, you scam your own clan member for 10mil. You are literally one of the parasites who ruin the game for people to play on, with your constant criticism off every clan but yet yours keeps closing. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ace".

proving my point

20 hours ago, Opticals said:

yer some clans don't use sharkbrew for reasons,not just coz they cant be assed. Good guy though can easily take on this rank

Some don't use to due personal grudges their ranks have (such as us trying to set up tournaments and them declining to starve their rivals and we call them out on their bullshit)

4 hours ago, Parm said:

no

not like it matters site is shit and jus dnt want another newfag rank on the discord sb has enough of those

gl bro

I’d like to point out that this role isn’t the same as the staff roles. The Advisor role is a partnership role that has no permissions over moderation of the community. It’s here to give clans and their representatives a louder voice in how we shape the community from this point forward.

Often the newer people do a far better job than "veterans". Not going to go into the reasoning for this but I can see you filling this role very well. I disagree with the monthly tournaments thing, have them too often and people become disinterested and it all gets stale but that's something we can discuss in the future. GL