Clan Wars League/Wilderness Activity League/Promotions/Looking for ranks

slushpuppy

image.png

Introduction

COTM/CWL/WCOTM used to be a household name for clans looking to compare their performance and activity in Clan Wars and Wilderness. You can find the origins with (former) sharkbrew rank @Bradenwho came up with the idea of tracking clan wars preps during an era where prep activity had all but collapsed. Thanks to his system, there was a noticeable increase in clan wars activity.

Over the years, we have seen many changes, but the hardest hit so far was the migration of Sharkbrew from IPB3 to IPB4 in 2018. This had rendered all of our systems obsolete, and combined with my increased irl workload, I was not able to code up a replacement... until today:

League System

I have limited the number of dependencies with IPB, therefore we can foresee this system being used for many years to come!

https://www.sharkbrew.com/?/league/clans/cwars

https://www.sharkbrew.com/?/league/clans/wilderness

image.png

This is a unified system that tracks both clan wars and wilderness. The system is based on weighted point values as shown here:

image.png

DzFixGs.png

Clan Wars

This system tracks all preps(20v20+) and fullouts. Unlike previous systems, we award points based on rounds won. The formula goes as follows:

For winners:

points gained: numbers_of_rounds_won * 1.00(winner points) * 3

For the losers

points lost: (total_number_of_rounds - number_of_rounds_won) * -0.75 * 3

To mitigate the effects of a loss, the losing clan will not lose as much points as gained by the winning clan. Also because we are counting rounds won, winning at least 1 round in a 3 round prep can prevent you from losing a lot of points!

Also all preps are capped at 5 rounds to deter point farming.

First to 25/50/100 counts as 1 round.

DzFixGs.png

Wilderness

The goal of tracking wilderness activity ties into Sharkbrew future plans of advertising pure/main community events to the greater public with the help of sharkbrew's twitter account. This system is designed to demonstrate which clans have the most activity. I will post a topic in the future detailing our plans.

There are no winners or losers; every topic(midweek/weekend counts). The higher the opts, the more points your clan will receive!

Midweek: opts/10 * 0.2 * 3

Weekend: opts/10 * 1.50 * 3

When will the system start?

I will be counting all events starting from the 18th of august onwards.

How do I participate?

For now, create a clan group: https://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/gc/cat/1-runescape-clans/

Then PM me on discord to be added to the system. I am working out kinks to the system.

DzFixGs.png

Promotions

With these new systems up come with new promotions:

@Break- Overseer- As one of our senior ranks I am thankful for your loyalty to this site. You been with Sharkbrew and by my side through Sharkbrew's ups and falls, and I thoroughly appreciate your presence on this site.  You have put in a great amount of work into countless various systems that the sharkbrew community, and this new rank is the cumulative of everything your had done.

@Yak- Mediator - Inspite of your many IRL commitments, you have dedicated yourself to the management and upkeep of the discord. Your activity has been excellent and I would like to see you achieve more with this rank

With this out of the way, Sharkbrew is looking for new ranks to help us propel this community into the next phase. Within the next 2 weeks, we are going to promote no less than 6 new gatekeepers to help us run various systems. If you have already applied, please take note of your rank application topic link as I will need you to reply to a future topic indicating your continued interest at being a rank of this site. If you haven't applied, please feel free to apply by clicking the link at the top of this site