Coop Preps(2v2s and above) + activity points decay

slushpuppy

image.png

The number of preps/fullouts has been on a steady decline and opts of said events has been going down too. Sharkbrew would like to encourage more clan war events and one of the ways we feel we can help is to recognize 2v2+ preps where multiple clans team together for an event.

Coop preps

Considering the fairly successful 3v3 event that was hosted by @Jamz, we would like to take the opportunity to recognize and reward clans who are willing to work with each other to organize more events in clan wars. Thus, I have added a new fight category to the ELO system

image.png

From today onwards, all official 2v2+ preps will be recorded into the system. Each clan must have a reasonable number of members in the fight for it to count.

Scoring

0.4 points per round won is awarded to the winning clan's topic

Losing clans will not lose any points or have any losses added to their clan wars record

In order for your clan points to be awarded, you must post your own topic.

We believe that cooperative preps can help nurture alliances, spreads the risk of a loss, and exposes clan members to higher opt fights that are rarer these days. Bear in mind that while benefits are plentiful, leaders of new clans should be mindful of other clans who may use these events as opportunities to poach members or recruit turncoats

DzFixGs.png

ELO points decay

We will be introducing the elo points decay for the wilderness activity section of the ELO league. If your clan hasn't done 4 midweeks and 2 weekend trips, you will receive a point decay on the following Monday. I will make announcement with finer details in the coming days with regards to this system

1 hour ago, PreGains said:

2v2s and 3v3s are unorganized messes that no-one really cares about or gets hyped over. 

It's sad that this is what the community needs to get high opt preps.

Just my 2 cents

It's the unfortunate reality of things :( but also bear in mind that Jagex is also responsible for the decay of the clanning scene

2 hours ago, PreGains said:

2v2s and 3v3s are unorganized messes that no-one really cares about or gets hyped over. 

It's sad that this is what the community needs to get high opt preps.

Just my 2 cents

opts are low because

1. people are older irl and have to miss midweek stuff

2. knockout fights are terrible and people would rather fight in the wild

2 hours ago, BvG said:

You mass up 30minutes for fights that last 2 minutes and are heavily determined by who gets the initial lead. Rage's recent experiment with time capped CWA fights makes me never want to do knockout again ever

this. knockout isn't about skill anymore, especially in p2p.

12 hours ago, BvG said:

You mass up 30minutes for fights that last 2 minutes and are heavily determined by who gets the initial lead. Rage's recent experiment with time capped CWA fights makes me never want to do knockout again ever

what about the newer clan wars mode? like first to 50 with delay on rejoining?

3 hours ago, puppyslush said:

what about the newer clan wars mode? like first to 50 with delay on rejoining?

That works fine for us, the med/main scene to be fair. I personally think the wildy fights are bs nowadays because of having no control who's crashing or who's teaming up etc. In CWA it's this clan vs that one, no ways to crash or cheat. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, Sybren said:

That works fine for us, the med/main scene to be fair. I personally think the wildy fights are bs nowadays because of having no control who's crashing or who's teaming up etc. In CWA it's this clan vs that one, no ways to crash or cheat. 

Mfw the only comment that makes sense is from a main clanner.