We're going back to the stone ages

Tyendinaga

Cape counter is all I care about.

I seriously don’t understand why Jagex can’t sort their own client out and integrate the major plugins from osbuddy, runelite and exilent that are ‘acceptable’ - then it’s safe for users and you don’t end up with people wondering whether they’re breaking the rules.

They seriously need to sort their shit out. 

4 hours ago, PROFUSE said:

thats what happens when your company gets bought by Chinese people

You should have seen their stance on clients back in 2006-07. Something as simple as a world switching client (Think Swiftswitch) was largely a bannable offense. It had all of the same functionality of the world switchers currently integrated into the game and into other clients like RuneLite. It was much more restrictive.

I feel like what has encouraged this level of action from Jagex are some new features recently implemented into clients like OSBuddy that change or bypass certain interface options to speed up a task. Additionally, a lot of the things being highlighted also target Exilent in a pretty substantial manner.

The frustrating part about these updates is that Jagex would rather paint with broad strokes than to take an official stance against specific features that go too far, which puts some client features that serve only as a small quality of life adjustment to fall within their crossfires of what is considered a “bannable offense.” This is an incredibly thoughtless and lazy way of dealing with a pretty large pool of different features, most of which are pretty benign.

35 minutes ago, Eevee said:

You should have seen their stance on clients back in 2006-07. Something as simple as a world switching client (Think Swiftswitch) was largely a bannable offense. It had all of the same functionality of the world switchers currently integrated into the game and into other clients like RuneLite. It was much more restrictive.

I feel like what has encouraged this level of action from Jagex are some new features recently implemented into clients like OSBuddy that change or bypass certain interface options to speed up a task. Additionally, a lot of the things being highlighted also target Exilent in a pretty substantial manner.

The frustrating part about these updates is that Jagex would rather paint with broad strokes than to take an official stance against specific features that go too far, which puts some client features that serve only as a small quality of life adjustment to fall within their crossfires of what is considered a “bannable offense.” This is an incredibly thoughtless and lazy way of dealing with a pretty large pool of different features, most of which are pretty benign.

Jagex (supposedly) intend to communicate further with the clanning community in regards to integration. We are a relative fraction of a percentage of ingame players as a whole - not a month after supposed claims to embrace communication to seriously support clans, plugins that have played no harm no foul are explictly mentioned as unacceptable. A fraction of a percentage that can't get polls passed yet explicitly targeted by sweeping reform. Fucking lol, alright

Were these changes meant to be included in whatever plans they intend for us to hear, great. Label them as not allowed when there's unlikely to be a short wait, hell even any length of time between what we have now and what is to be(likely nothing) is completely whack. 

3 hours ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

Cape counter is all I care about.

I seriously don’t understand why Jagex can’t sort their own client out and integrate the major plugins from osbuddy, runelite and exilent that are ‘acceptable’ - then it’s safe for users and you don’t end up with people wondering whether they’re breaking the rules.

They seriously need to sort their shit out. 

it would actually take time and effort man, have you seen the nerds that run this shit? lmfao

6 hours ago, Jamie ツ said:

it would actually take time and effort man, have you seen the nerds that run this shit? lmfao

It’s like they’re making money out of a massive hole in terms of service Jagex isn’t providing lmfao?

They could literally hire the developers behind these clients, market a “runescape client plus” and make the monthly subscription fee these developers currently are and probably do it 10x better, and within the rules. It’s not like Jagex is beyond hiring makers of clients (like Jacmob who used to run rsbuddy, the most notorious botting client lmfao).

18 hours ago, Murd said:

The only real downside for clanning is the team Cape counters, but hopefully with the clanning system they'll have something that'll help out with that.

Hopefully this won't have a huge effect on the snowflakes of the community who are unable to clan on a vanilla client

Legit SUP/LY will abuse this update and propagan even more lmfao. but I agree on the freeze timer/mult line its all not nescesary