What went wrong?

Jamie ツ

Interested in seeing where everyone's at with the 20-25 defence decision that was made months ago, and what you think led up to clans getting it. 

Also with the release of this new armor that's meant for 30 defence (don't know the name cause I don't care too much about it) do you think clans will push for 30 defence?

Whenever you push def levels you basically ruin the ability to bring new guys into the scene. A guy that's new to clanning won't want to deal with "pures" that are 107 cb, and no new guy is gonna ruin their pure just to clan. Eventually it just becomes a circle jerk between the veteran clanners jumping between clans. And 100% clans are gonna get 30 def and use the new armour as an excuse even though it wont even be worth bringing it as a +1 to the wild anyway lol

I think just how powerful things have become have helped warrent getting 20-25 def. With how p2p clanwars is or even wild, as well as snares being introduced to f2p. I dont believe 30 def will become a thing again as i believe people on content with it being like how it used to be with 1-25 def.

4 hours ago, Art_Vandelay said:

Whenever you push def levels you basically ruin the ability to bring new guys into the scene. A guy that's new to clanning won't want to deal with "pures" that are 107 cb, and no new guy is gonna ruin their pure just to clan. Eventually it just becomes a circle jerk between the veteran clanners jumping between clans. And 100% clans are gonna get 30 def and use the new armour as an excuse even though it wont even be worth bringing it as a +1 to the wild anyway lol

5 hours ago, Art_Vandelay said:

The fact its 25 defence atm is hellla lame.

WE had a fresh start in what summer of 2017? went to shit real quick

30 Defence will definitely be a thing when / IF this armor pass's ... its bando's with a 30 def req.

1 Defence squad.

Since it has successfully happened before, I imagine the scene will refresh and go back to 1-5 Defence. Sadly, it could've already but people are so high strung about having a defence advantage over one another they refuse to make the move.

I can see a lot of people getting 30 Defence just because there's going to be new armour,  and with how obsolete it will be for clanning the whole 3o defence movement would be redundant and hopefully make people reconsider being a real pure.

We're going to end up back where we started and repeat the past and future.

this update will happen, - clan will embrace it fully for competitive edge on the basis of:

"why not? They're doing it.. so... why not us" (happened before in history many times)

after awhile, after lots of addy on the ground - what comes next is already written.

"apathy"

people stop caring about the competition. Stop caring about the "fun" in clanning. The scene is ruined by OUR doing. Nobody is to blame except the "30 def lords" which in actuality was brought about by the same group think that brings about the next evolution which is..

"Cleansing"

Some courageous few step up and chant "NO MORE DEFENCE!" and they promote what IS a Pure clan (happened before many times in history)

Eventually everyone agrees, HPC/LPC scene is revamped and "1 def clans" is the new norm - a couple old clans reopen and take part in this movement.

and we end up back where we started - the games begin

but so does the clock for the next "Defence" movement

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...